Games that deserve a comeback/sequel

Splatterhouse reboot from PS3 was amazing and needs a sequel. It was a commercial failure but it was awesome.

Dante’s Inferno and Dead Space could both use sequels but EA dissolved visceral games.

Freedom Fighters

Myth: The Fallen Lords

Def Jam: Fight for New York

WWF: No Mercy

Powermonger

General Chaos

gamestarsiegeuniverseimp2.jpg

220px-Aliens_vs_Predator_cover.jpg

if silent hill (1) was remade with current gen controls and graphics...

Twisted Metal. Keep the same vehicles, arenas and music but clean it up. Don’t add or removing anything just leave it be. HD remake if you will.

I've always been a fan of F.E.A.R.

FEAR_DVD_box_art.jpg

It was an exceptionally well made FPS game that took a break from all the WW2 and scifi shooters that were popular in the mid-2000s.

*The combat was high-paced, with exceptionally intetelligent A.I.
*The enviroments were claustrophobic, which added to the gameplay and horror.
*The story was interesting - Militaristic SciFi & Ghost Horror.

And how these three factors were interwoven within the game made it one of the most original games of the last 20 years.

I need to get around to playing it again. Its been about 8 years since I last played it, and my laptop could easily play it at full resolution, graphical details, at 60+ FPS. And I'm much more tactical in the way I play shooters, after playing CounterStrike for 600+ hours.

It'd be interesting if it could be remade/rebooted for modern rigs/consoles.

FEAR with lootboxes and pay to use weapons. i'm in!

upon closer inspection, perhaps none of these games should be RemAde/PlayED

Jagged Alliance series.

Gunstar Heroes

A modern take on that would be awesome.

FEAR with lootboxes and pay to use weapons. i'm in!

upon closer inspection, perhaps none of these games should be RemAde/PlayED

Replay them? Absolutley.

REMAKE them? Absolutely not, if they have lootboxes/microtransactions.

I've been considering making a thread about recommendations for PC games that nearly every gamer should replay, or play for the first time, with modern hardware, now that they're cheap on Steam.

Off the top of the head, the Ultimate version of Resident Evil 4 on PC is awesome to play. It's 60 FPS and easily run at full resolution.

Crysis - 10 years ago, few PC could run this monster at full resolution & detail, and now moderately powerful rigs can play it with full resolution, detail, and at a high FPS.

i was referring to playing remakes with all the bullshit from today's era. but yeah. i mean, i needed PED for the rape joke (what a wonderful sentence for sherdog)!

Final Fantasy Tactics, the GBA ones dont count. But seeing how SE has handled the rest of the FF franchise maybe its for the best that we dont get one.

I'd love to see the Toshinden franchise get revived like Killer Instinct did a few years ago.
hqdefault.jpg

Back