Games that you've played over and over again

Chad R. Thundercock

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.
@Silver
Reaction score
So what are the games that you go back to and complete again because of the replayability or for the sake of nostalgia?

Mine are:

Final Fantasy 4, 5, 6
Chrono Trigger
Castlevania: SOTN
Advance War series
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2
Metal Slug 2, X, 3
Diablo 1 and 2
Fallout 1 and 2
Super Mario RPG
Streets of Rage 1, 2, 3
Sonic 1, 2, 3, Sonic and Knuckles
Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Last edited:
Final Fantasy 7
Morrowind
Skyrim

NHL 11
Katamari Damacy
Strider
Punch Out!
Tecmo Bowl
Super Mario lotsastuff
Joust

Dishonored
HItman 2016 / Blood Money
Half Life 2 + Ep 1 & 2
Destroy all Humans : original and Path of the Furon
Destiny
Halo : Reach
KOTOR I and II
Jedi Knight : Jedi Academy

Most of those games I played to death when I first got them, and every year or so I'll do another run through. Dishonored is one of those games which really caught me off guard with how much depth there really is. It was an Xbox Gold free game so I downloaded it, knowing nothing about it and not initially being very interested, but once I finally got a hang of the game it was amazing! The DLC was also god damned amazing and such a fun side story...really just a great overall experience.

donkey kong country 1&2, crash bandicoot trilogy and any mario game from snes

Dishonored
HItman 2016 / Blood Money
Half Life 2 + Ep 1 & 2
Destroy all Humans : original and Path of the Furon
Destiny
Halo : Reach
KOTOR I and II
Jedi Knight : Jedi Academy

Most of those games I played to death when I first got them, and every year or so I'll do another run through. Dishonored is one of those games which really caught me off guard with how much depth there really is. It was an Xbox Gold free game so I downloaded it, knowing nothing about it and not initially being very interested, but once I finally got a hang of the game it was amazing! The DLC was also god damned amazing and such a fun side story...really just a great overall experience.
Jedi Acadamy is now reverse compatible from Xbox to Xbox one

Slapped it in with the kid to play, I didn’t remember it being as clunky as it was. Don’t know if that’s because of the use on the one vs the Xbox or if I’m so used to how smooth Force Unleashed is now but it seems horrible.

I got through one mission and got bored. I’ve played that whole game through at least a dozen times on the original Xbox.

Maybe i need to be the Xbox out of the attic and load it up and see if it plays better on the original.

But to answer the question.

All time most replayed games after years of not playin them have to be doom(original), force unleashed. Streets of rage and sonic.

The Mass Effect games
The Witcher games
Dark Souls trilogy/Bloodborne
Total War: Warhammer II (1500 hours but I'm on a long break now)
XCOM games

Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 10
Guitar Hero

I would add Final Fantasy 11 to this list as well, if it was at all possible to go back to it again.

FF1
Guerilla Wars
Marble Madness
Zelda A Link to the Past
Streets of Rage 2
Diablo 1 and 2
Myth 2
Master of Magic
X-Com (og)
Breath of Fire 2
Dragon Warrior 1
U.N. Squadron
RBI Baseball
Sonic 1 and 2
Kirby NES
Super Mario World
Mario 64
Goldeneye
Burgertime
Morrowind
FO 3
...bringing back great memories!

I usually just play a game for a long time then never go back to it.... but the hours I've put into GTA V, Skyrim, Fallout 4, etc are ridiculous.

I replay these pretty much every year. Sometimes multiple times a year

Mass Effect 1-3
Star Wars Rebellion
Z
Theme Hospital
American / Euro Truck Simulator
Stalker series
Life is Strange series

Games I discovered over the last couple of years that'll probably end up on this list
Spintires
Metal Gear Solid 5
Stardew Valley
Trails in the Sky series

Final Fantasy 7. I start a game and get to the end of the first disc like once a year, then run out of time to keep going and forget about it.

If I could still get Fight Night 2004, I'd play through career mode a bunch again.

Mario 64
Zelda 64
Majora's Mask
Star Fox 64
Wind Waker
Mass Effect 2
Morrowind

It's been a while since a game really made me play it over and over. I'm not counting online games like Diablo 2, WoW, or sports games, I feel they are designed for multiple playthroughs. I mean, nothing really changes in multiple playthroughs of Mario or Zelda, and I still do it.

Street Fighter Alpha series
King of Fighters Series
Donkey Kong Country 1
Mega Man X

Games I've played the most have been
A Link to the Past
Super Mario RPG
Final Fantasy 7
Batman Arkham City

I can play those games anytime they're on

Back