Gaming headsets

They are supposed to be one of the best wired headsets; not necessarily the best. I wouldn't put their sound quality against companies like Sennheiser, ever. Unfortunately, Sennheiser doesn't make wireless gaming headsets.

Sennheiser GAME ONE
818acEiJK3L._SL1500_.jpg

Wireless headsets aren't really my thing, so I haven't invested a whole lot of time into perusing them. I hate Turtle Beach. Their top-of-the-line stuff is good, I'm sure, but they have miserable quality control across their catalog. Generally speaking, I think all of the gamer-niche peripheral companies (with audio) tend to be exploitative of the niche, and don't offer anywhere close to what the actual audiophile companies offer per dollar spent.

So if companies like Astro and Turtle Beach aren't cutting it...that's where you look. You've already got the mixamp, after all. You could add a modmic to any headset and let the mixamp drive it, but then your problem becomes multiplatform compatibility on the Xbox/PS4. Just because things should be compatible, and are designed to operate openly and freely, doesn't mean that they will. The ball of yarn has loose splays-- headaches. This is where companies like Turtle Beach and Astro go out of their way to guarantee product support by platform by maintaining a relationship with Microsoft/Sony.

So, I returned the Astro a40 with the mix amp and bought a50s, then realized I had bought the ps4 set. So now I have to take those back. But I keep waffling on astros. I really was not that impressed. My 800 elites are growing on me. I used them to watch a movie and they blew me away. So I am keeping them. Taking the a50s back and will probably get the plantronics 800 and keep the left over money to buy a new set next year when I get the new Xbox. I do want to try the SteelSeries arctis 7. The price is right for those at $150 and I would not have the guilt of having a $300 pair of a50s, or I could just use the money to buy the new Xbox right now. I was kind of waiting for the bugs to get worked out. I just keep changing my mind asking why I need two headsets. But is it smart to buy a new system when it first comes out?

And I remember having the seinheiser convo with you years ago. Aren’t they more for pc gaming than Xbox?

Oh, and all the reviews I have read the past few days makes me want to kick people in the shin every time they refer to headphones as “cans.”

Oh, and all the reviews I have read the past few days makes me want to kick people in the shin every time they refer to headphones as “cans.”

Not to sound like a dick head sound cunt but get a decent pair of studio headphones, you will get way better sound. Gamer headsets are really over priced.

Don’t take offense, but I have never heard of those. They look badass, are they for pc, and are they compatible with Xbox?
High quality headphones at a good price that should work on all platforms but you might want to double check the mic reviews on that.

High quality headphones at a good price that should work on all platforms but you might want to double check the mic reviews on that.

Something to consider in the future. I am liking my turtle beach 800s more and more each day, so I will probably keep them.

Not to sound like a dick head sound cunt but get a decent pair of studio headphones, you will get way better sound. Gamer headsets are really over priced.

What about the directional sounds, like footsteps and gunshots? I am sure the sound effects and everything else are great, but it is nice being able to hear the other asshole’s footfalls before they reach the corner. Can you still pinpoint those sounds?

What about the directional sounds, like footsteps and gunshots? I am sure the sound effects and everything else are great, but it is nice being able to hear the other asshole’s footfalls before they reach the corner. Can you still pinpoint those sounds?

From what I know the 5.1 or 7.1 in most headsets is simulated so it shouldn't matter

An update: on Friday, I bought steel series arctis 7s and returned them on Sunday. First, they are not wireless when used for the Xbox. Second, they were far too quiet. They were comfortable, and the sound was decent, but being too quiet, I had decided not to keep those. I am not using the plantronics 800lx, which are just about the most comfortable set i have ever tried. Battery life is awesome-24 hours on full charge. Sound is good, but not the best i have used, though i have not downloaded the atmos app that improves sound quality even more. I have noticed that sound gets wonky every once in a while, and the directional sound is not as good as say the turtle beach 800s. These babies are loud as hell. Controls are easy to access and easy to remember, unlike the turtles that you have to look first. There is also no mistakenly pushing a button like the turtle 800s, which happens all the time. The cloth headphones are soft and there is no sweat issues or the leather ones sticking to your head.

Edit :I have downloaded the Dolby Atmos app, and it has made a difference. The sound is really good now. I may have found a winner in these “cans.” The next option was the turtle beach elite pro wired, which are new and also supposed to be good.

I bought a JBL Bluetooth headset for my daily commute , it can also be wired so I can plug it onto my PS4 controller , liked the sound quality also mic was decent, problem is it fucking broke in less then a month, so I returned it to the service center for repair, apparently it take 8-12 weeks to repair, I was like WTF so this holiday season I have nothing to use, Im currently using my cheapo phillips wired earbuds which have been with me for like 3 years and use the mic on the ps4 camera hahaha.

I was reading reviews and saw the hyper x and was intrigued.

I used to love my trittons but now I am fully converted to the Sennheissers.
My PC 363s are so good I still find myself not being able to tell the difference between in game sound and things in my house making noise.

Astro a50s were on sale last week i was going to get them but didnt pull the trigger. Now they are back up to 400. Ill have to wait until they are back on sale

Your gamer headphones have the same left and right inputs as your iphone ear buds and your stereo headphones.

There is no special technology in your gamer headphones.

Everything will work with everything.

Anybody tells you anything else they’re full of shit.

Your gamer headphones have the same left and right inputs as your iphone ear buds and your stereo headphones.

There is no special technology in your gamer headphones.

Everything will work with everything.

Anybody tells you anything else they’re full of shit.

I am not an audiophile or an expert or anything, but I have tried using my earbuds for gaming and I can tell the difference.

Maybe it is the size of the drivers or the size of the speakership nluuuiiugggvvuêyyeè(I was mostly asleep trying to write this after my ambien had kicked in and i it very amusing.

Anyway, I don’t k ow if it is the size of the speakers, or the way in which they are utilized , but the ear buds could never accurately portray the footsteps the way a good gaming headset does. With my turtle beach 800s, I can track an enemy’s footsteps in the room next me.

I am not an audiophile or an expert or anything, but I have tried using my earbuds for gaming and I can tell the difference.

Maybe it is the size of the drivers or the size of the speakership nluuuiiugggvvuêyyeè(I was mostly asleep trying to write this after my ambien had kicked in and i it very amusing.

Anyway, I don’t k ow if it is the size of the speakers, or the way in which they are utilized , but the ear buds could never accurately portray the footsteps the way a good gaming headset does. With my turtle beach 800s, I can track an enemy’s footsteps in the room next me.

Bigger is usually better no matter if you use them to listen to Daft Punk or play games. 'Gaming' headphones might have their frequency response tuned in the same way as a pair of Beats is bass heavy while Sennheiser HD don't abuse the frequencies.

Ear buds are shit though, gaming headsets are usually pretty overpriced for the actual quality of components and sound quality they have.

Bigger is usually better no matter if you use them to listen to Daft Punk or play games. 'Gaming' headphones might have their frequency response tuned in the same way as a pair of Beats is bass heavy while Sennheiser HD don't abuse the frequencies.

I just bought the Sennheiser HD 558. Will receive it any day now. Had the Hyper X Cloud 2 for a year and the damn cord broke. At least the Sennheiser cords are replaceable.

Back