Ganryujima results 01/03/18

Ambriz is always up for a loss, just doesn't want it on his record anymore

They absolutely should count on MMA records. It's bullshit.
Kikuno knocked out 6 dudes for fucks sake, it's a real fight with KOs and submissions allowed then it's MMA.

They seem to change the rules every event. They limit groundwork to 15 seconds. In the past chokes weren't allowed at all. They have ring outs. 3x3 minute bout structure.

If you want to argue Ganryujima is an MMA event, why not Shootboxing also? Combat sambo is closer to MMA but those aren't counted either.

I'd just take it for what it is. I don't think the fighters are worried about not getting credit for their wins.

They seem to change the rules every event. They limit groundwork to 15 seconds. In the past chokes weren't allowed at all. They have ring outs. 3x3 minute bout structure.
Pancrase didn't have punches

RINGs didn't have ground and pound

Shooto had knockdowns

UFC changed the rules every event

Rizin changes the round structure almost every fight

So what? Still MMA

If you want live moat fights then dig into your pockets a bit

I wasn't planning on buying since I know the results, but reading the tweet has me rethinking. I definitely want live moat fights, and $9.99 ain't bad. Hmmm.

See you at the moat.

What are their ground fighting rules now? Do they resemble judo?

Kevin Souza vs kikuno was a fuckin crazy ass ko. Boxer/mma vs karate. I bet it was nice feeling for kikuno to revenge a brutal ko loss when he got ktfo by Souza in the UFC.

Tanikawa is also starting up some kind of restaurant next month that features live fights

Tanikawa is also starting up some kind of restaurant next month that features live fights

So I can eat my Pho and watch people get banged out? Nice one

Kevin Souza vs kikuno was a fuckin crazy ass ko. Boxer/mma vs karate. I bet it was nice feeling for kikuno to revenge a brutal ko loss when he got ktfo by Souza in the UFC.

No doubt it was. Kikuno is a badass. Been really fun watching him dominate in Ganryujima

Ugh. Why couldn't they just book Chris Barnett to bludgeon Suzukawa again?

Ugh. Why couldn't they just book Chris Barnett to bludgeon Suzukawa again?

Lol that would be sweet. Huggy Bear just fought like 11 days prior to this, scored a KO that might be why.

If you want to argue Ganryujima is an MMA event, why not Shootboxing also? Combat sambo is closer to MMA but those aren't counted either.

I'd just take it for what it is. I don't think the fighters are worried about not getting credit for their wins.

Shootboxing isn't even fought in MMA gloves though? Also love that Haim photo. Miss that guy.

Shootboxing isn't even fought in MMA gloves though? Also love that Haim photo. Miss that guy.
Shootboxing is also reflected in most pro kickboxing records, as is muay Thai, as are many kickboxing competition that use leg pads. Kickboxing rulesets vary wildly but all are legit.

MMA rulesets vary wildly, just because a certain ruleset is accepted by some state athletic commissions in nowhere, USA...doesn't delegitimize the various rulesets around the world either.

Sherdog should add ganryujima fights.

Shootboxing is also reflected in most pro kickboxing records, as is muay Thai, as are many kickboxing competition that use leg pads. Kickboxing rulesets vary wildly but all are legit.

MMA rulesets vary wildly, just because a certain ruleset is accepted by some state athletic commissions in nowhere, USA...doesn't delegitimize the various rulesets around the world either.

Sherdog should add ganryujima fights.
Agreed. They list old fights with dudes in gis and stuff like Draka. Why not this?

This shits on now on fite tv it said it won’t air till Sunday on figth tv

This guy doing nippon Kempo trying to do a literal haduken

This shits on now on fite tv it said it won’t air till Sunday on figth tv
-__-

Guess I have to wait for the VOD now. Hopefully we can get it live next time.

It’s just on the second figth I missed the first 20 minutes and the first figth was just starting

Back