Garcia vs Easter July 28 on Showtime

I don't think he's really capable of that. Garcia has one of the best jabs in the sport, and Easter was getting outboxed from the outside by Javier Fortuna. Easter is actually at his best when he's walking his man down and putting punches together (the same Stafford style that Broner actually has success with when he chooses to listen to Stafford). That works well against smaller LWs who aren't that good, but it will probably get him stopped by Garcia here. I think there is a big gap in class.

Doesn't matter. You jab with a jabber. You don't trade hooks with someone that has a better hook. It's just the way it is. Whatever Garcia is trying to do with the jab (other than score damage) can be negated by someone jabbing with him. I've seen it. I've experienced it. It's just the way it is. It has always been that way. And you just supported why I said Easter needs to use his size from the outside. Whether or not he is going to be able to maximize his size advantage remains to be seen, but it should be noted that I was never saying he wins hands down at any range...

sigh

I mean it takes him one step closer to a possible unification. Somebody needs to tell Garcia to abandon that beating from Spence and just try to unify Lightweight

Same bs with any stable. Easier to matchmak. Would it be nice it A sides always aimed for the rop 1 and 2 p4p? Sure. But this is not the era of boxing where you will see that (and even the arguably best eras never captured that ethos entirely).

Doesn't matter. You jab with a jabber. You don't trade hooks with someone that has a better hook. It's just the way it is. Whatever Garcia is trying to do with the jab (other than score damage) can be negated by someone jabbing with him. I've seen it. I've experienced it. It's just the way it is. It has always been that way. And you just supported why I said Easter needs to use his size from the outside. Whether or not he is going to be able to maximize his size advantage remains to be seen, but it should be noted that I was never saying he wins hands down at any range...

I don't disagree that he needs to try to do it at times, I'm just saying that he's likely going to fail badly if he does. I didn't think you were saying he would win, I'm just saying that I don't think he has the outside boxing ability to even really be competitive with Garcia from that range. I do think he can find some success if he walks Garcia down and really lets his hands go. Again, this is a very similar styled fighter to Broner (both Stafford guys) even if he's in a different physical package. When Broner tried to box with Garcia, he got outclassed and beaten up. When he went for broke and walked his man down, he put himself at serious risk, but had some limited success. Easter Jr. has to go for broke here, at least in my mind. People see his frame and want him to be Hearns, or at least of a similar style to Hearns, but he just isn't.

ortiz-cojanu%20(1).jpg

RAZVAN COJANU

"We worked during training camp and sparred with a lot of southpaws to prepare for this. I feel good about our strategy and the shape I'm in.

"My fight against (former heavyweight champion) Joseph Parker was an interesting fight. I only found out that I was facing him two weeks before, so I was not as ready as I wanted to be heading into it. But it was an opportunity I couldn't miss and I believed in myself and fought all the way until the end.

"Ortiz is a strong fighter and a big challenge. I'm looking forward to another tough fight and putting on a great performance for the fans."

ROBERT EASTER JR.

"Training down in Florida allowed me to get away from distractions and just focus on myself. Kevin Cunningham stayed on me every day. We focused on my skills, using my advantages and you'll see it all on July 28.

"We have a game plan, but we're professionals in there and we both know we'll have to make adjustments as the fight goes on. I'm going to fight my fight and leave it all in the ring. My focus is 100 percent on Mikey Garcia Saturday night.

"Early in my career I fought a lot on the West Coast and my first pro fight was actually at STAPLES Center. So I'm very excited to be back in front of a big exciting crowd.

"Coach Cunningham had me really working on the skills that I hadn't been using as much in past fights. He's helped me put together a great game plan that focuses on the advantages I have. He knows what kinds of things will give other fighters trouble.

"Big fights like these are important to me. Champion versus champion speaks loudly about who we are as men. It's the two best guys out there fighting to decide who's the best in the weight class.

"I've been dreaming about fights like this since I was a little kid. It's finally here and I'm going to show the world what Robert Easter Jr. is really made of."

Ortiz is going to slaughter this dude.

Id say you are incorrect. Easter needs to fight in whatever method he is best at and most comfortable with. You think Hurd would have faired better with Lara by jabbing with him?? Because I think thats exactly what Lara would have liked him to do more of. You dont get to where Easter is and then abandon it completely because youre opponent has a jab lol. You can only improve your style and effectiveness.. you cant change it from fight to fight.

Id say you are incorrect. Easter needs to fight in whatever method he is best at and most comfortable with. You think Hurd would have faired better with Lara by jabbing with him?? Because I think thats exactly what Lara would have liked him to do more of. You dont get to where Easter is and then abandon it completely because youre opponent has a jab lol. You can only improve your style and effectiveness.. you cant change it from fight to fight.

I'd say I know what's up. Garcia will win, but Easter has a style that is a bit incongruent with his body. Nothing I said was wrong.

Easter is going to shock the world!

<13>

I absolutely admire Kevin Cunningham as a trainer, and I do believe having him in Easter's corner, gives him a shot. This is going to be a good fight.

Tonight...

Prelims on Facebook (Showtime)

Main card Showtime tv

Made the last minute decision to pick up a ticket for this. Figured watching Easter walk into punches would be a good way to start my vacation.

I'd say I know what's up. Garcia will win, but Easter has a style that is a bit incongruent with his body. Nothing I said was wrong.
Your entire premise of altering your identity to combat the perceived strengths of your opponent is wrong.

if you were Hurds trainer he would have got embarrassed lol. "No Hurd, you've got to jab with Lara! He's got a good jab! Forget relentless pressure.. Stay on the outside! "

Then afterwards you could explain to the media that you said nothing wrong hahahaha

Back