GASSIEV-TABITI IN THE WORKS FOR JULY 21

@Seano do you blame his trainer Abel Sanchez for this
I haven't paid attention. Has he been insulting his fighter's potential promoters and opponents while demanding more than the agreed upon purse?

This tourney provided big paydays to boxers who wouldn't necessarily have gotten them, and haven't made real names for themselves, and the finalists or one of the finalists is spitting on the giant opportunity they were given. This is super annoying, I hate tournaments.

Is this BS because there is nothing about this anywhere on the net.

In fact the last thing I saw was date agreed just not the venue.

I will not be happy if this falls apart and for what reason??

Is this BS because there is nothing about this anywhere on the net.

In fact the last thing I saw was date agreed just not the venue.

I will not be happy if this falls apart and for what reason??

Usyk is ducking Gassiev, isn’t this blatantly obvious?

I saw Usyk post something about the fight today.. but it was in Ukrainian, so I could not read it.

I saw Usyk post something about the fight today.. but it was in Ukrainian, so I could not read it.

I stuck this into google translate and it came back with:

usykaa Good evening, I want to clarify the situation about the final of WBSS. I'm preparing for the final, and specifically to Murat Gasiev. If any of us will not be in this final, this tournament named after the great Mohammed ALI loses all meaning, I want this fight, I'm sure that Murat too. And a lot of boxing fans are waiting for this fight. So let's have it already.

Amazing that a mechanism for deciding the venue was not included in the contract that the fighters signed.

I stuck this into google translate and it came back with:

usykaa Good evening, I want to clarify the situation about the final of WBSS. I'm preparing for the final, and specifically to Murat Gasiev. If any of us will not be in this final, this tournament named after the great Mohammed ALI loses all meaning, I want this fight, I'm sure that Murat too. And a lot of boxing fans are waiting for this fight. So let's have it already.

Ah, good idea with google! I forget who readily available tools like that are sometimes, heh.

I guess no new development then.

Amazing that a mechanism for deciding the venue was not included in the contract that the fighters signed.

For some reason, I thought it was already worked out prior to it even starting. I thought they decided to do it prior to the tourny, to specifically avoid road blocks like this.

Found out a bit more about why the negotiations for this fight are failing. Apparently after Usyk suffered an injury the WBSS were looking to get the fight made in Russia. Usyk took exception to that and said that he wouldn't fight in Russia. And that's what has lead to Gassiev talking about fighting a different opponent. Seems like the injury upset the planned match and since then things have gone up in the air.

https://www.boxingscene.com/usyk-vs-gassiev-tough-negotiations-continue-set-venue--129072

Found out a bit more about why the negotiations for this fight are failing. Apparently after Usyk suffered an injury the WBSS were looking to get the fight made in Russia. Usyk took exception to that and said that he wouldn't fight in Russia. And that's what has lead to Gassiev talking about fighting a different opponent. Seems like the injury upset the planned match and since then things have gone up in the air.

https://www.boxingscene.com/usyk-vs-gassiev-tough-negotiations-continue-set-venue--129072

Where was it suppose to be before? Can't fault the guy for not wanting to fight in fookin' Russia.

It sucks that something so small is stopping this. Is Gassiev that unwilling to go anywhere else? Can't they fight in Germany or something?

Where was it suppose to be before? Can't fault the guy for not wanting to fight in fookin' Russia.
Originally it was set to happen in Saudi Arabia. And it's not really fair on Usyk that he has to fight in Russia, he's the number one seed but each of his previous matches have been in his opponents country and now they want him to fight away again.

Usyk wants this fight still, just preferably in a neutral country. I still say they should fight in Crimea... lmao

or Las Vegas/New York with Bivol as the co-main event. I know Gassiev and Usyk aren't the biggest draws in USA, but they are both so talented.

It sucks that something so small is stopping this. Is Gassiev that unwilling to go anywhere else? Can't they fight in Germany or something?

Its also political.

Russia and the Ukraine were practically at war just the other year with Russia walking in and taking half the country, then add to that, Russia is Gassiev's home turf ......... Usyk is not keen.

Tbf to him the fight was supposed to be in Jeddah so this new development is not of his doing.

Its also political.

Russia and the Ukraine were practically at war just the other year with Russia walking in and taking half the country, then add to that, Russia is Gassiev's home turf ......... Usyk is not keen.

Tbf to him the fight was supposed to be in Jeddah so this new development is not of his doing.

Yes it's definitely political. Usyk is a staunch Ukrainian and very opposed to the annexation of Crimea by the Russians, so I'm not surprised that he doesn't want his next fight to be in Russia against a Russian. And I think it's a bit ridiculous for the WSBB to expect him to fight yet another match in his opponents homeland when HE is the number one seed.

Sorry for not assuming a Ukrainian posting in a language i don't know isn't russian. Despite being very prideful of the Ukraine .
It is just 'Ukraine', bro. Not "the Ukraine" - it is no longer a republic.

But all Ukrainians speak Russian: Usyk, Gvozdyk, Lomachenko etc, all speak Russian and all of their instagram posts are in Russian, lol. Lomachenko posts in English, but all of his boxing interviews etc are in Russian, Usyk (based on his last 20 posts) is all in Russian.. Gvozdyk - in Russian, too.

Not trying to insult you, but if you don't see the letter 'i' in a cyrillic alphabet, it is safe to presume it is Russian.

It is just 'Ukraine', bro. Not "the Ukraine" - it is no longer a republic.

But all Ukrainians speak Russian: Usyk, Gvozdyk, Lomachenko etc, all speak Russian and all of their instagram posts are in Russian, lol. Lomachenko posts in English, but all of his boxing interviews etc are in Russian, Usyk (based on his last 20 posts) is all in Russian.. Gvozdyk - in Russian, too.

Not trying to insult you, but if you don't see the letter 'i' in a cyrillic alphabet, it is safe to presume it is Russian.

Don't worry, I take no offense from not readily recognizing the difference in linguistics between two, basically 3rd world countries

Back