Gegard Mousasi in good spirits following his UD win over Alexander Shlemenko(Facebook status update)

Mousasi made Weidman quit as a hurt Chris tried to cheat his way into a cheap DQ win but it backfired on him.

Mousasi basically made a battered and gassed Weidman tap to strikes.

Yes, but Weidman is still in the ufc.

Yes, but Weidman is still in the ufc.
You realize mousasi didn't get cut? Pretty sure he left for more money (sponsors) and a chance to fight for a belt. Who knows when bisping will fight an actual contender

You realize mousasi didn't get cut? Pretty sure he left for more money (sponsors) and a chance to fight for a belt. Who knows when bisping will fight an actual contender

That’s a good point. I think ufc did a terrible job in finding a way to throw mous in to the mix.

As far as bisping goes, I agree. I heard he is fighting some ww flunky next. Pffft

I thought Gegard didn't come aggressive enough to implement his wrestling immediately, could've easily done to Storm what Rory did to Daley. This is classic Bellator match-making, give the guy you paid to be a star a match-up against a fading action-fighter so if he fucks up it'll be exciting (which is exactly what we got).

Storm is super-tricky with his counters and set-ups and by choosing to be at range early not throwing Moose played right into his game, ate that huge left to the orbital that looked like it broke something from the insta-swell shut. Moose showed tons of heart though, there was a time in the 3rd when he dropped to his back from like a grazing uppercut but you saw he wasn't rocked or dazed, shows you how seriously concerned for his eye he had to be to do something as defensive as that.

Pretty disgusting of the fans to boo like that, dude just fought his ass off against a super-dangerous opponent for 14 minutes with one eye, can definitely understand why he preferred to fight in Japan. Much respect to Storm, fought like a beast and shows he's not over the hill, can still match him up with action fighters.

Mousasi generally has trouble with opponents that set the pace. Also in the Jacare rematch. Schlemenko did it pretty well being the agressor in the stand-up... I would have been ok with a draw or win of either. I do think round 2 was more Mousasi his round.. also the eye.. I think a rematch would like more like round 1.

He was destroyed by hall and is now in bellator

Enough said

<36>

Bisbing is the champion and defended against Hendo lol. The real competition/money is in Bellator.

No to mention Mousasi was on a 5 fights wins streak in the UFCircus.

I am a Gegard fan but imo he lost.

Match mousasi with the winner of Sakara vs Carvalho and the loser against Storm.

Make Mousasi vs Shlemenko for the title a down the road 5 round fight should be even more interesting. Plus you can sell it as a controversial first fight

Moose won 2-1. He needs to realize that fighters in Bellator are tougher (they are not cleaned up by USADA, this dudes juiced for years). His next opponent is fucked

How the heck do you win round two without landing strikes and just a submission attempt, after getting beat around the cage?

Moose moves on I think, I doubt Scott will run it back

Storm vs. Salter would be a good fight to make. It'd get Shlemenko a good win, but Salter is tough and could win possibly himself

That'd be a good one I'd like to see

i wonder if he has a broken/fractured orbital. looked like he was in serious pain the whole fight. props to him for pulling through and getting the W. hope he heals up well and quickly

seemed like when they read the decision and he realized it was unanimous, he thought he lost lol. but honestly, it really does come down to a very close round 2.

Enough said
He destroyed Hall twice outside of 12 flukey seconds- lol-

enough said

A 10-8 round and another 1st obliteration.
Where do you people come from?

How the heck do you win round two without landing strikes and just a submission attempt, after getting beat around the cage?
did you watch the fight?2nd round mousasi landed elbows, punches from the back and controlled the ground game, what did schlemenko do besides landing 1 spinning back kick?

Enough said

I guess you missed Mousasi vs Hall 2 the fight where Mousasi TKO'd Hall in the first round? In any case IMO Mousasi was gifted a decision against Shlemenko. When you score a round for the whole 5 minutes and not the last 90 seconds Shlemenko wins the decision easily.

Back