Gegard mousasi is the best striker in mw history,he would turn Anderson silva into a wrestler

Too late, too late. Silva is out of the game for a longtime.

He wouldn't wrestle, he would stand around and be funny

hes up there in the top 10 for sure. it gets picky choosy depending on who you like and personal opinion

If anything gegard will be the one shooting for a td.

God I love Mousasi fans.

It got sad when the Penn, Diaz and Rousey fans gave up. I am glad the Mousasi fanboys (Mooseknucklers?) Are here to hype up their underachiever to the moon and beyond.
Hey im still here. Moose is just as big as a let down Nick Diaz was though. Always coming up short against the best.

I thought shlem was channeling Harvey weinstein, by the way he laid that casting punch on moose....

He hung in there, but I'm surprised they didn't stop the fight like the Heather hardy one

I know gegard Isn't a world heater grappler, but it seems like schlemenko has inproved.....im sure he knows his body better than us, but I wonder why he doesn't try 170

I do actually think Mousasi might well have beaten Anderson standing although of course he would have potential to out grapple him as well so I wouldn't be supprised if he went for takedowns. Against opponents who weren't panicing Silva's matrix like boxing simply vanished and when he did come forward he looked very hittable.

There is of course more to being a striker than beating other great strikers, Anderson was superb at exploiting his advantage against poor to decent strikers, definitely better than Mousasi at landing big counters.
Lmao andersons bjj is like on par with his striking. No way gegard beats andy in a striking or a grappling match imo

but but he trained with fedor and subbed mark hunt!<Dany07>

Something isn't kosher with Mousasi and Rory @ Bellator.

After looking at his kickboxing record.i think he's the best striker in mw history
He beat Kyotaro Fujimoto.
a kickboxer that has wins over saki,musashi,soukup,manhoef,banner
He also beat musashi, a four-time K-1 Japan tournament champion, a former Wako Heavyweight Muay Thai champion and two-time K-1 world Grand Prix finalist.
Dude would destroys Whitaker and rockhold.
instead of going to wikipedia, watch his fight against Machida then come back!

He also beat Chris Weidman. .. I forgot, Weidman sucks and so does Anderson.

Weidman was a flash in the pan and already on the down turn leading up to the fight.

The fact of the matter is Mousasi's hype train would be nearly non existent if it wasn't for the simple fact he trained with fedor.

Weidman was a flash in the pan and already on the down turn leading up to the fight.

The fact of the matter is Mousasi's hype train would be nearly non existent if it wasn't for the simple fact he trained with fedor.

They all suck as soon as they lose. Mousasi is good, maybe not as good as some people want him to be but still very good though.

Lmao andersons bjj is like on par with his striking.
Thats a stretch. He's far from a submission artist, and is pretty bad at grappling with competent wrestlers. He's good at protecting himself on the ground, but not anything else superb.

Mousasi had it handed to him on the feet. It was a lesson, don't underestimate spinning s##$ ...... Oh wait I'm sorry actually he won that fight .... (Because the judges are he'll of corrupt)

Thats a stretch. He's far from a submission artist, and is pretty bad at grappling with competent wrestlers. He's good at protecting himself on the ground, but not anything else superb.

I think his clinch game is strong, and his submissions, he doesn't defend the double leg very well though.

but but he trained with fedor and subbed mark hunt!<Dany07>
And he won the fight last night
what people have to understand is that mousasi's struggle in this fight came down to one punch. Once he got caught with that huge overhand, his striking was completely gone and his takedowns also suffered. He still won.

If his eye isn't closed in the opening minutes, he takes this fight running away

I'm chalking it up to bellator jitters. Let the eye heal, he'll come back with a vengeance

Silva's grappling was never on the level of his striking but his defensive bjj was quality. Time and time again, we saw him either get the finish on the ground, or get the fight back to his feet. He's no Maia but Silva was good.

Back