Gen5 Glock Has Arrived!

Based on some of the responses, I imagine this was moved from another sub forum. As for the gun itself, "meh". Not enough for me to trade either of my Gen4s for one. I think if Glock really wanted to make a substantial change, they should implement a method to field strip the gun without having to dry fire it first. While it's never been an issue for me, I'm aware of certain agencies moving away from Glocks simply for that reason alone; it's not as retard-proof as they'd like and they'd rather not have to deal with the chance of a negligent discharge during routine maintenance.

Here's hoping they haven't changed so much that the various replacement parts start becoming too generation specific.

Based on some of the responses, I imagine this was moved from another sub forum. As for the gun itself, "meh". Not enough for me to trade either of my Gen4s for one. I think if Glock really wanted to make a substantial change, they should implement a method to field strip the gun without having to dry fire it first. While it's never been an issue for me, I'm aware of certain agencies moving away from Glocks simply for that reason alone; it's not as retard-proof as they'd like and they'd rather not have to deal with the chance of a negligent discharge during routine maintenance.

Here's hoping they haven't changed so much that the various replacement parts start becoming too generation specific.
Pretty sure it involves $$$ when Uncle Sam decides to seek resources elsewhere.

As for replacement parts, aftermarket parts retailers are making a killing these days with Glock products.

Has anyone picked up one of the new Gen 5 G19 or G17s?

How's the trigger feel? Overall ergo?

I've been carrying an XDS .45 for a few years now, and while the size is amazing (it fits in the pocket of fitted jeans) it sucks (for me, anyway) to shoot. I have huge hands and the bottom of the grip barely comes halfway on my ring finger. Not that comfort is any concern in an emergency situation, but I can't get anything close to the accuracy with it as I can my 1911s.

I can shoot consistent head size groupings with my 1911s at 25 yards but don't like to carry them due to the both the weight and the $ I've got tied up in them. If ever used in a defense shooting the gun will likely be evidence and perhaps not returned.

Which has had me looking at the full size XD and Glocks lately. They're light, cheap and the newest Glocks have got all the I's crossed and T's dotted it would seem ;)

Wrong thread, brother. :)

Fuck. Meant to be Mayberry. Derp.
Mods please move :D

I got a g19 for my girl recently. Haven't shot it yet. She has small hands and she said she like the feel.

She switched from an mp9.

She feels a lot better being home alone now.

I used to have a Kimber team match 1911. Fucking awesome gun but it's not too practical.

Just try to tie Conor into your thread title and you'll be fine

I love 1911's gotta be my favorite handgun, they're just all around great. That said they fucking suck to carry. My buddy put me on to glocks and I gotta say I love my G23 compact lightweight and 40 cal. Not as tiny as the G27 but still pretty small. Dunno what its like where you live but I dont care for a 9mm for carry purposes but thats just me. I cant say enough good about to 40s. haven't tried the newer gen stuff tho haven't had to really.

Fook the glock. Just get the mag extension.
xds-15.jpg

I love 1911's gotta be my favorite handgun, they're just all around great. That said they fucking suck to carry. My buddy put me on to glocks and I gotta say I love my G23 compact lightweight and 40 cal. Not as tiny as the G27 but still pretty small. Dunno what its like where you live but I dont care for a 9mm for carry purposes but thats just me. I cant say enough good about to 40s. haven't tried the newer gen stuff tho haven't had to really.

Any reason you don't like the 9mm ? Its been proven an effective round . Obviously you are entitled to your feelings on the matter , but I feel like most of the time the " 9mm ain't enough " sentiment is based on some notion other than reality.

Effective rounds on target faster and more precisely is why the 40 is losing steam and the 9 is coming back into favor with lots of police and gov't entities.

Any reason you don't like the 9mm ? Its been proven an effective round . Obviously you are entitled to your feelings on the matter , but I feel like most of the time the " 9mm ain't enough " sentiment is based on some notion other than reality.

Effective rounds on target faster and more precisely is why the 40 is losing steam and the 9 is coming back into favor with lots of police and gov't entities.
I used to have 2 40 cals...sold them. Now I stick with 9, 45, and 10mm for pistols.

I used to have 2 40 cals...sold them. Now I stick with 9, 45, and 10mm for pistols.

I keep threatening to pick up a glock 20 , always gets pushed to the back of the que though.

I keep threatening to pick up a glock 20 , always gets pushed to the back of the que though.
My favorite man. Can have a load that screams and then have a lighter load that you can plink with. Plus the 6" bbl that you can get makes target practice so amazing. I run a stiffer spring in my 10mm glocks.

I've got those, they're ok. They don't fit very tight and rock back and forth as the weapon recoils which is a little annoying. Maybe some others have better results than me, but I don't like shooting it, which is how you improve accuracy.

xds-15.jpg

xds-15.jpg
:eek:
Glock fan boy checking in.
I like XDs too. Had a XD9 with 4" barrel. Awesome pistol. Regret getting rid of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DREDATORXXXXL
Back