General Gaming Discussion, v3

I've been playing KOTOR for the first time over the past week. I'm about 30 hours into it and it's been tough sledding for the past few hours. Starting to get burnt out from it. I thought it was pretty fantastic for the first 20 hours or so, but I'm not sure I'm even going to finish it now. Maybe I'll give it another go of it after a break of some time and try it again with a completely dark side character. Playing this light side character who'll help anybody who asks has become boring. But then again, I almost feel like I owe it to myself to finish it since I'm past the big reveal and I'm on the last of the four Star Map planets. Can't imagine there's too much of the game left. We'll see.

Over the weekend sale I ended up picking up Wargame: AirLand Battle.

Fucking hell this game is difficult! So much attention to detail, it's brilliant. I play co-op with a friend while we're trying to learn it before going into adversarial 2v2s, and the AI is insanely strong. I can't recommend the game enough if you're a RTS fan.

I've been playing Divinity: Original Sin a lot lately. This game is really good and has kind of broken the mold on two hesitations I had about gaming: the top-down RPG style, and Kickstarter being a real solution to yield good games.

It took me several hours to really get past the whole top-down view. I'm not sure what it is but it really diminished some of the immersion you get in other games like Dragon Age, but there is a lot of depth and complexity buried within.

Very challenging game, too.

Bought the whole Metro Redux with 7 euros the other day. Been playing Metro 2033 Redux now with Survival / Ranger Hardcore difficulty. My goodness I'm having more fun than with the original. Playing this game without HUD and UI is pretty intense (and "immersive" or whatever).

Looking forward to Metro: Last Light with the same settings. Original was way too easy.

I like how the harder difficulty settings aren't just: "the enemies do more damage and take more damage" you do more damage too but your shots are more important as there isn't as much ammo and you don't know how much you got left.

The Last of Us was great like that too.

Devolver Digital has teamed up with Paris-based developer Sloclap to bring you Absolver, an online combat RPG coming to PC and consoles.

Absolver is the first game from Sloclap, an independent studio founded in 2015 by developers who worked together at Ubisoft on Watch Dogs and the Ghost Recon series. It puts players in the shoes of a 'Prospect' who joins an "elite corps of combatants" called Absolvers to maintain stability in the world. Players will wander through Absolver's world and pick up new combat styles, attacks, powers and weaponry, while fighting other warriors in "an intense real-time flow of attacks, dodges, feints and counters, with all aspects of gameplay customizable, including combat styles, weapons and even individual attack sequences in the player's Combat Deck."

It will be at E3 this year. God I hope they implement the combat correctly.

This looks promising. It was supposed to be released in Q2 but I haven't seen a date yet. XBONE and PC only.

why the hell did the PSN change their game pages to a new style that doesn't show shit but a stupid ass trailer for the game that is pre rendered bullshit. Plus why the fuck do they have areas dedicated to PSN games, pre orders, and PS2 to PS4 if all those things are just showing up in "New Games" how the fuck is a PS2 game a new game. All I want is when I go into the new games area it's new PS4 games not pre orders, PSN games, or PS2 games with a actual game page that shows photos and videos of real game play so I'm not wasting money on a giant cut scene or idiotic point and click game.

Grabbed Resident Evil: HD Remastered on the Capcom sale.

Haven't played it since the Gamecube version. All I really remember is hating the shit out of those Crimson Heads. Not looking forward to some of the more archaic game design, like the item management, but I'm still expecting a great time. Been a while since I played a true survival horror game.

Is the Far Cry 4 DLC worth getting? What passed for DLC for 3 was pretty lacklustre, plus they skimped on achievements. Vanilla games are great though. Must have topped 100 hours over 3, 4 and Blood Dragon.

Hey I'm currently fed up of playing EA ufc 2, think i'm done with it and i'm kinda bored of GTA.

I'm looking through psn and I see two games that perk my interests.

Has anyone heard any good things or played the games Kholat or The Park?

Is the Far Cry 4 DLC worth getting? What passed for DLC for 3 was pretty lacklustre, plus they skimped on achievements. Vanilla games are great though. Must have topped 100 hours over 3, 4 and Blood Dragon.

I thought Blood Dragon was DLC for 3? Or was it a stand alone?

Got hearts of iron 4, played for 6 hours straight, as Switzerland I turned commie and nuked the UK.

I've played an hour of Alien Rage - Unlimited and I'm enjoying it so far. It's a FPS that has an arcade feel to it. I picked it up in a BundleStars bundle for $5.

I picked up the Hitman HD Trilogy and Absolution for the PS3 a few weeks ago for $8 on PSN. Since then I've finished both Silent Assassin and Contracts. Definitely count me as a new fan of the series, as both games were a lot of fun with a pacing and structure that I really enjoyed. I found Silent Assassin a little difficult for me at times in my quest to get the SA ranking on as many missions as I could (which ended up being not many in the end), but never was it frustrating in the least. I found Contracts quite a bit easier. That may have been me improving as a player, a design choice by the developers, or a combination of both. Regardless it made the game significantly shorter for me than was Silent Assassin, although not any less enjoyable. Really looking forward to continuing on to Blood Money after a short break, as from what I understand, that one is considered the best of the series by many.

Finished up Deus Ex: Human Revolution the other day. All around a great game. My only complaint is that the final chapter felt a little tacked on. Like they ran out of ideas, and thought "Zomibies!!!". It kind of overstayed it's welcome a bit near the end. The final boss fight(if you can call it that), exemplified that, as all you do is hit switches and shoot some zombies. You could tell they had more story than game, and didn't know how to stretch it out properly. Other than that small gripe though, really fun, and robust, and I can't wait to see what they do with the new one.

Resident Evil: HD Remastered Haven't played this since whenever it first came out on the GC. Started it up, and wow, what a rude awakening. After about two hours wandering around lost, it finally started to click. First thing I had to do was get re-assimilated to the tank controls. Tried out the new analog controls, and they just don't work with the static camera. Thought the tank controls would be a bitch, but they actually make sense and work really well with how the game is designed. After that, I had to remember that this is just as much of a puzzle adventure game, as it is a survival horror game. So many item based puzzles, with no hand holding at all. Not used to this anymore. Took a bit, but I finally wrapped my head around it all, and beat the first chunk of the game. My only real complaint is just how tedious the item management is. Eight slots just isn't enough, and running back and forth to the item box is nothing more than a pain in the ass. There just isn't enough slots to accommodate guns, ammo, and puzzle pieces. What really sucks, is that you can't just drop items anywhere. You must go to the item box and get rid of items you don't need. That's a bitch.

Is the game still scary though? Oh' yeah. Jumped a couple of times already, and the atmosphere is second to none. Even with my gripes about the inventory system, the game play holds up incredibly well, and it all makes sense within the structure of the game. It's holds up surprisingly well, as nothing feels to dated, or a product of it's time. It's just how it was designed, and it still works well.

Looking forward to diving deeper into this one.

I've been playing KOTOR for the first time over the past week. I'm about 30 hours into it and it's been tough sledding for the past few hours. Starting to get burnt out from it. I thought it was pretty fantastic for the first 20 hours or so, but I'm not sure I'm even going to finish it now. Maybe I'll give it another go of it after a break of some time and try it again with a completely dark side character. Playing this light side character who'll help anybody who asks has become boring. But then again, I almost feel like I owe it to myself to finish it since I'm past the big reveal and I'm on the last of the four Star Map planets. Can't imagine there's too much of the game left. We'll see.

That was a great game back in the day. It's too old for me now I wish they'd make a new one with better graphics and gameplay

Just picked up a physical copy of Ori and the Blind Forest today, the definitive edition that came with a cd of the soundtrack.

Man this game looks and sounds amazing. Enjoying it a lot so far.

Back