General Gaming Discussion, v4: Summer Abyss

It isn't so bad for me... Red Dead is now backwards compatible.

BRB, playing poker for 20 hours.

i bought the first dead rising in 2006 but i never finished it i am playing it again but i plan to finish it this time jeez a 10year gap between me buying the fuckin game and finishing it, i am enjoying it despite the outdated gameplay but the fuckin time restrictions are giving me anxiety shit feels like a rope getting tight around my neck.

I gave that Playstation Now service a try. I put it off for so long, 'cause I was extremely skeptical. All I can say is holy shit, they actually did it. Streaming games actually works. And it works very well. I've tried a few games so far, all varying in degrees of technical strength, and they all worked with very few issues. The only game that had a noticeable hiccup was Ninja Gaiden 2. The pause menus have quite the delay. That's about it though. Issues I was concerned about like delayed button input, dips in video quality, or general lag haven't been a problem. All the games I played are pretty much equal to their retail counterparts.

The only big issue I can see, is that it obviously eats the shit out of your internet usage. If you don't have an "unlimited" plan, I've read that the service eats up about 2 gigs an hour, which is kind of nuts. And of course, your internet connection has to be fairly strong. Until they can sort those issues out, it probably won't be the go to service they want it to be. I imagine it will sort itself out in time though, as technology gets stronger and stronger.

All in all though, I am very impressed.

Can any of you guys think of some good couch co-op games on ps4?

Can any of you guys think of some good couch co-op games on ps4?

Diablo III makes for some good couch coop. I'm like 95% sure the Borderlands Handsome Collection is split screen. Disney Infinity 2.0/3.0 is really fun but you need the base and proper playsets/characters, play a ton with my kid. A lot of people shit on it, but Knack is a pretty fun platformer that is perfect for some couch coop. My kid has played through it quite a bit and it's nice to pick up a controller and jump in his game from time to time.

I gave that Playstation Now service a try. I put it off for so long, 'cause I was extremely skeptical. All I can say is holy shit, they actually did it. Streaming games actually works. And it works very well. I've tried a few games so far, all varying in degrees of technical strength, and they all worked with very few issues. The only game that had a noticeable hiccup was Ninja Gaiden 2. The pause menus have quite the delay. That's about it though. Issues I was concerned about like delayed button input, dips in video quality, or general lag haven't been a problem. All the games I played are pretty much equal to their retail counterparts.

The only big issue I can see, is that it obviously eats the shit out of your internet usage. If you don't have an "unlimited" plan, I've read that the service eats up about 2 gigs an hour, which is kind of nuts. And of course, your internet connection has to be fairly strong. Until they can sort those issues out, it probably won't be the go to service they want it to be. I imagine it will sort itself out in time though, as technology gets stronger and stronger.

All in all though, I am very impressed.
I tried it out last year, i had 40mb internet at the time and some games weren't even streaming in 720p, it was sub hd and i just felt the game selection wasn't that great. Overall i didn't really like it, i wish it had gone the same route MS did with backwards compatibility. Most games get a boost in performance, screen tearing is eliminated and framerates much more stable. Also i already had old copies of Black Ops, Fallout 3, Just Cause 2 etc so i didn't have to pay anything.

I tried it out last year, i had 40mb internet at the time and some games weren't even streaming in 720p, it was sub hd and i just felt the game selection wasn't that great. Overall i didn't really like it, i wish it had gone the same route MS did with backwards compatibility. Most games get a boost in performance, screen tearing is eliminated and framerates much more stable. Also i already had old copies of Black Ops, Fallout 3, Just Cause 2 etc so i didn't have to pay anything.

Having spent a little more time with it, it ain't as good as I first reported. I've run across a lot of games with a slight button input delay. It doesn't sound like much, but it can really fuck things up. I tried out the most recent Borderlands, and the delay rendered it nearly unplayable. Even some of the simpler games like Mega Man 10 had a delay, and that's a deal breaker for a game like that. Oddly enough, the games that have performed the best, have been the fighting games. Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, and Ninja Gaiden were flawless as far as I could tell.

Presentation wise, I've got no complaints. Some ever so blurry textures here and there, but for the most part the games look like they should. But yeah, I've kind of soured on it, and probably won't go any further with it after the trial is up. Will definitely be something to look out for in the future though, as they continue to make improvements.

Having spent a little more time with it, it ain't as good as I first reported. I've run across a lot of games with a slight button input delay. It doesn't sound like much, but it can really fuck things up. I tried out the most recent Borderlands, and the delay rendered it nearly unplayable. Even some of the simpler games like Mega Man 10 had a delay, and that's a deal breaker for a game like that. Oddly enough, the games that have performed the best, have been the fighting games. Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, and Ninja Gaiden were flawless as far as I could tell.

Presentation wise, I've got no complaints. Some ever so blurry textures here and there, but for the most part the games look like they should. But yeah, I've kind of soured on it, and probably won't go any further with it after the trial is up. Will definitely be something to look out for in the future though, as they continue to make improvements.
yeah i didn't experience the input delay but that would be a deal breaker for me depending on how bad it was. i just remember doing a side by side comparison of dead space 3 (i think) on ps now and on my 360 and it was night and day how much better it looked on 360 kinda turned me off of it.

Still playing Fire Emblm Awakening. close to 100 hours by now and i still haven't completed it.

Looks like I'll be buying Fire Emblem: Conquest next.

I wish my PS4 would hurry up and get sent back though. this is the 2nd one in like 4 months. i really want to get back to Doom.

Picked up RE5 for Xbox One today. Good remaster full 1080p/60 although it doesn't hold 60 as steady as the 6 remaster.

Still its a game i only got about 60% done with on 360, and never touched dlc or mercenaries mode so hopefully i'll get a lot out of it.

RE2 is still my favorite, i don't hold RE4 in as high of regard as most, i really like it, but RE5 is almost just as good imo they aren't that different.

If anyone's after something short and sweet, I just played Inside and really dug it.

New game from the makers of Limbo, which I was familiar with bu haven't got around to playing.

Very nice art style. Great atmosphere. Complete wtf storyline. All that goodness.

My only complaint is that I think it would have been even better if it was a lot more challenging. Harder puzzles and some difficult platforming here and there would really have set it off nicely.

Overall I give it 8.5/10. One of the best of the year so far.

The Wolf Among Us - Finally finished this up(thanks to PS Now), and it was great. Can't help but appreciate it's noir roots, even if the decisions fall a bit flat because of them. All in all though, the story added up nicely. Not quite as shocking or satisfying as Telltale's other games, but very solid nonetheless. I'd say that out of all of the TT games, this one made me regret my decisions the most. This is by design of course, as I'm sure whatever decisions you chose will make you question yourself. Film noir and all that. There are no happy choices, but not in a cheap way like their GOT game.

For that, I must applaud it. It certainly accomplished everything it set out to do, and I'm still thinking of it right now...

*Searches Amazon.com for "Fables" comics*

Mission accomplished, motherfuckers.

Has anyone played the Earth Defense Force series?

Has anyone played the Earth Defense Force series?

I'm thinking of buying that shit too. It looks pretty great, and sounds like a near flawless console port. Giant bugs seem like a pretty lame enemy though. Also thinking of Shattered Skies but it sounds like PvE isn't really up and running yet, and that it's not planned to be a significant part of the game anyway. White people problems

I'm thinking of buying that shit too. It looks pretty great, and sounds like a near flawless console port. Giant bugs seem like a pretty lame enemy though. Also thinking of Shattered Skies but it sounds like PvE isn't really up and running yet, and that it's not planned to be a significant part of the game anyway. White people problems
I ending up buying it. I'm loving it so far, I don't know how long it will last though. The graphics suck, controls are a little off, but god damn is it fun. Armor upgrades and weapons are boxes you pick up while playing. There's big robots, drones, etc for enemies also.
There's nothing flashy about it, but it works.

Telltale Games made a Batman game thats available for pre-order on steam right now. Might hold off because telltale usually have some random ass bugs or glitches to fix up at first.

Back