General Gaming Discussion, v4: Summer Abyss

Telltale Games made a Batman game thats available for pre-order on steam right now. Might hold off because telltale usually have some random ass bugs or glitches to fix up at first.

Or just ignore, like they usually do. Nothing like games running from your hard drive that appear to be loading off a C90 cassette.

Just finished up "FC3: Blood Dragon" for the first time. I played it way back, but quit for some reason or another.

Fun stuff, but unless you're all about the 80's, it's charm will wear off quickly. The side missions are made up of two variants. One of them is having you save scientists stealthily. Eliminate the enemies before they spot you and kill the scientist. That's it. The other is the same, only instead of saving a target, you have to kill it. Pretty lame padding, but whatever. It's some cheap DLC.

The game shines in it's main missions, that have you infiltrating big bases, with a unique set piece at the end, that usually has you blowing up a lot of shit. What obviously sets the experience apart, is the "all things 80's action movie" mood of the game, which is achieved with a a simple skin mod, and some nice voice work. It's good, but unless you're absolutely in love with the techno synth and cheesy one liners of that era, it'll wear thin long before the credits roll.

I wouldn't rate it above a really good mod.

7/10

No man's sky question. I didn't post this in the other thread because it seems like it's mainly an opinionated thread.

I sold my first Atlas Stone. I didn't know what they were in the beginning. So when I got to the last Atlas station to finish off the mission, I only had 9 stones and couldn't make the star. So I had to go find another vendor in another system that actually had a stone so I could buy it. But now I can't find the atlas station. Am I just never going to be able to beat the atlas mission? Or is there another way to find a signal? Should I just sell the stones?

Just married/banged my adoptive sister in Fire Emblem: Conquest.
latest

Also married first cousins in Fire Emblem: Awakening. apparently the Japanese don't consider cousin fucking:incestuous. i guess with that many people on that small of an island you kinda have to ignore some things.<mma4>

Have ReCore coming from Gamefly. Pretty excited to play it since it's been looks like a cross between Zelda/Mad Max.

Currently playing through Deus Ex and maybe half way through, but I just can't get into it, not sure why. Might jump ship and send this back.

Currently playing through Deus Ex and maybe half way through, but I just can't get into it, not sure why. Might jump ship and send this back.

I'm enjoying Deus Ex but can only play in small bursts. It's kind of overwhelming with too many distractions. It's an interesting setting, but open world busywork messes up the narrative. I wish I could ignore and focus on moving the plot forward but I've gotta do everything

Just picked up Metro Redux, Shadow Warrior and The Division on Xbone
Hope people are still playing The Division, unless I dont need em to have a good game cause if thats the case then I dont give a shit

The Dead Rising remaster released early on Steam.

I'll have to give Bioshock 2 another chance one of these days. I think I was a little burnt out on Bioshock when I first played it. Didn't get very far.

I know your post was a while ago, but if you still haven't gotten around to playing Bioshock 2 again, I highly recommend it. While the story wasn't as amazing as the first game, the game-play mechanics were outstanding. The DLC for the game was fun too... kind of a very strange side story, but it was a blast.

Have ReCore coming from Gamefly. Pretty excited to play it since it's been looks like a cross between Zelda/Mad Max.

Have you got around to ReCore yet? If so, what's your thoughts so far.

Have you got around to ReCore yet? If so, what's your thoughts so far.

not yet, been working a bunch of overtime so haven't had a chance. off this weekend so planning to get a good chunk in. I'll post again once I get into the meat of the game.

not yet, been working a bunch of overtime so haven't had a chance. off this weekend so planning to get a good chunk in. I'll post again once I get into the meat of the game.
I'm in the same boat with work. I've been seeing mixed reviews on it so I'm not sure about picking it up.

Just married/banged my adoptive sister in Fire Emblem: Conquest.
latest

Also married first cousins in Fire Emblem: Awakening. apparently the Japanese don't consider cousin fucking:incestuous. i guess with that many people on that small of an island you kinda have to ignore some things.<mma4>

AHAHAHAHAHA

Started playing The Division yesterday and man is this one glitch filled piece a shit
Every step you take you got dissappearing enemies, freezing enemies, magically appearing enemies, your guns dont work oh wait now they do but for some reason the enemies cant see you or register your hits even though you're standing right in front of them smacking the shit outta them so you gotta restart again even though you just restarted two minutes ago
Wish I'd a known this before I bought this garbage

Back