General MMA discussion and future lines - April 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDA dec +256 love that
Also like Gomi dec +490 but don't expect that to change much by fight time. RDA dec I think will surely get worse

U1.5 for cyborg-smith fight is 1.4 (-250) at unibet/paddypower gonna parley the crap out of that, maybe tumenov/maia-brown o1.5/cyborg-smith u1.5 @3.47 (+247) among others, thoguhts?

I think Jones performance had more to do with his layoff, being prepared for DC and a lose-lose situation against OSP.
Jones does not care much about excitment. He just win fights. In a way he is like GSP.
GOAT material but he is not risking his record against a no-name dangerous opponent like OSP.

One thing I was surprised was with his strenght. He always was strong but I dont remember Jones slamming guys like he did a couple of times with OSP (who is a big LHW).
Maybe my memory is failing but didnt he pick OSP on his shoulders, carried to the center of the octagon and slam the shit out of him?

yeah, for sure the lay-off had more effect on his performance, but also could potentially make it harder for him to adjust to using his new physique in a actual fight.
that slam was awesome, matt hughes 101 :cool:, even if ovince was gassed so he couldn't defend it well, once he was up in the air it was impressive. will have to rewatch but was that when OSP injured his shoulder?

I was pretty shocked to see the ufc 198 line up, 15 fights already:

http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-198-Werdum-vs-Miocic-50217

John linekar, trinaldo, Cyborg (wmma), cummings, little nog, shogun, hall vs spider, maia vs brown, belfort vs souza and stipe vs werdum, sounds like a dream card for us lot !
Its 13 fights, no idea why Sherdog has it listed like that. But either way, amazing card for entertainment and probably betting as well, some lines should be interesting

U. Hall dec +390? Yes please.
J. Stephens dec +535? Yep.
Dominator UD +115? And...yep.

I took Corey Anderson via TKO at +500.

Shogun was hurt on his feet a couple of times against Lil Nog and he had to grapple in order to save himself.

I know Lil Nog has an underrated boxing but Corey in no slouch and I think it either covers the possibility that Corey hurts Shogun and finishem there or he takes him down and TKO him there.

I love Shogun but this is not the kind of fight he should be taking.

I took Corey Anderson via TKO at +500.

Shogun was hurt on his feet a couple of times against Lil Nog and he had to grapple in order to save himself.

I know Lil Nog has an underrated boxing but Corey in no slouch and I think it either covers the possibility that Corey hurts Shogun and finishem there or he takes him down and TKO him there.

I love Shogun but this is not the kind of fight he should be taking.

I like it. Corey ML is one of my biggest upcoming bets and will be playing the KO line as well, now at +550

I think Corey wins by decision, but it wouldn't surprise me if anyone at LHW KOd 2016 Shogun.

jones -300
DC +240

5d

man do we bet DC? or jones gonna show up in better shape etc? how much of a factor was ring rust vs osp?

jones -300
DC +240

5d

man do we bet DC? or jones gonna show up in better shape etc? how much of a factor was ring rust vs osp?
Think this will tighten up for sure after Jon vs OSP

Was originally on Jones, but think i'll just play the over and livebet.

Just had a chance to check 5d and see the o4.5 is -155 for Jones vs DC. Definitely reasonable

For as lackluster as he looked vs OSP, I still hope to get Jones in the -225 to -250 range vs DC. There were enough factors (layoff, drop in motivation based on opponent, possibly too much powerlifting, etc.) to make me think that wasn't the Jones we'll see at 200.

And I'm not saying DC is mentally weak AT ALL but the reality is we saw Jones basically "embrace the grind" and win a battle of wills the first time. It seems kinda likely that this fight could come down to the same thing. And if it does, I just think I want to be on the side of the guy who's shown that every single time he faces adversity (so far anyway) he's overcome it.

unibet has jones @1.36, -278. Would love to get him at -250, like mkess said. Could see that happen very close to the ufc 200 event

I was pretty shocked to see the ufc 198 line up, 15 fights already:

http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-198-Werdum-vs-Miocic-50217

John linekar, trinaldo, Cyborg (wmma), cummings, little nog, shogun, hall vs spider, maia vs brown, belfort vs souza and stipe vs werdum, sounds like a dream card for us lot !

its a really good card. hoping for a good line on cummings vs little nog

edit:

just noticed i got my green belt :cool:

Yeah like cummings also, love those hall and stephens dec lines also and corey should look great against shogun.

We got some lovely fights ahead of us :)

I know JJ won easily etc against the short notice osp but I do agree with some of dcs banter, if that JJ steps into the cage dc will have fun going in. AA recently said jj is rarely in the gym or camp training anyhow so to me it sounds like jj is once again relying on his naturally athleticism and youth, will need to check those dc decision lines and take a stab but I feel it will flux much during live betting and after r1.

Man trying to make a living doing online bets sounds lika a recipe for disaster, suddenly you find yourself with a couple of unlucky bets and you end up chasing those losses

Better to build a solid bankroll over time and increase your unit size accordingly

Hitting silva 1.83 on Pinnacle, already have hall 3.50 and silvas chin is questionable these days but still have to favour him

Man trying to make a living doing online bets sounds lika a recipe for disaster, suddenly you find yourself with a couple of unlucky bets and you end up chasing those losses

Better to build a solid bankroll over time and increase your unit size accordingly

Hitting silva 1.83 on Pinnacle, already have hall 3.50 and silvas chin is questionable these days but still have to favour him

I'd definitely strongly consider it with a 50k br.

Gutted i didn't pull the trigger on Hall @ +250.

Really like the look of this 198 card. Lots of fun fights, good top to bottom as far as I'm concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back