General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - August, 2017

More news:
Herrig vs Casey added to UFC 218 in Detroit

Frankie Edgar Expecting Fight WIth Max Holloway To Be Announced Soon

I favor Casey and Max here.
Herrig is probably a tad more technical but Casey's strength and size is gonna give Herrig a lot of trouble.
Max might be the first one to stop edgar. He doesn't have freakish power or anything but his boxing improves every fight, his cardio can match Edgars, and he has takedown defense for days.

If you can catch Aldo flush you can catch anyone in the UFC flush. Frankie is best known for his toughness and chin not his impenetrable defense.

0.7u michaud -140

i was surprised the line dropped twice from -180, i wanted -150 or better. i'm not confident by any means, but i'm fairly sure rodrigues hasn't fuoght outside of brazil? and has been fairly inactive? michaud has actually been lookin decent the last few fights, even in the loss to lima.

think he's just faced better dudes and has wrestling edge and maybe chin/power edge? might be close in that, but man rodrigues wilted badly in his ko loss a couple fights ago (skipped around on the vid, admittedly)

I perhaps foolishly spent more time handicapping Titan FC 45 than LFA 19, so these are mostly degen underdog bets for action tonight, not really strong leans. But I like a few dogs with some wiki-capping, weigh-in eyeballing, recollection of some of their previous fights and various flimsy reasoning: Porter has good striking and has been boxing so he could upset prospect Bice; Mandell is a grinder and bigger, thicker than Perez if I recall from the weigh-ins and this is at a 130 pounds catchweight so maybe American wrestling pulls through here. Rodrigues formerly fought in Jungle Fight in Brazil and even though Michaud has looked decent I'll take a chance on the dog in the main event. Now that I'm three-fifths of the way there, it's not a leap to say fuck it, Marcus Edwards often has bad fight IQ and I may as well take the dog in the heavyweight bout too just especially with the favorite being a 6'7" tall gangly dude.

May regret this, but I like the favs in the top 3: Michaud, Bice, and Edwards. No idea on the other two.

btw. michaud is from south dakota. so he should get any close rounds. and he's got a hell of a chin...

doubling my play. 1.55u -155 net on my choad (michaud)

I'll take the dog in the HW fight I guess.

joining you guys on mandell +130. 0.5u

looks like perez is a cuban wrestler-grappler. mandell actually has some good standup fundamentals and is a powerful wrestler, himself. think he can keep it on the feet and outstrike him. or who knows, maybe he'll be the more explosive wrestler, anyway?

can't find much tape on perez, frankly. but he's also less experienced in mma etc.

forgot how much bice tries to be dominick cruz in the nobre fight (and in all of his fights, hehe).

yea, just the two plays here.

1.55u michaud -155
0.5u mandell +130

I tuned in just in time for the first fight on the LFA 19 card.

I hope to see the mat covered in blood.

Man, I'd have been pissed if Edwards didn't get that decision. The eyepoke was far more significant than the kick to the downed opponent. That actually benefited Jordan.

Man, Bice is one of those guys that can be in the UFC, but he really needs to get a finish.

That's his first KO since his debut amateur fight. Ciro looked pretty good there IMO.

LFA 19 Net: -205
Michaud -155: 155 for 100
mandell +130: 50 for 65

---

mandell bet was just a wiki bet. it's that simple. the only thing i found on perez was a wrestling match where he got shut out.. mandell fought stupidly, initiating the wrestling/clinch with the freakin olympion, but there wasn't enough info on this one.. perez is actually a pretty promising prospect, even at his age, IMO. great wrestling.

michaud getting "ko'd" -- just uncappable, this one i regret less than the two small dog bets i made and lost (lol 0/3 on the night). dude's been in some BATTLES and has never been ko'd. gets tagged by a good left here and instantly grabs his face and covers up. almost looked like a dive. but he was probably just hurt and probably didn't know where he was. but there was no way you could expect that to be the result, given the caliber of opposition and a proven solid chin. that's what i mean by uncappable.

oh well, whatever. won't lose sleep over a couple units.

Unibet added lines for Hunt/Tybura and Silva/Gastelum.

Mark Hunt 1.50 - Marcin Tybura 2.50

Anderson Silva 3.15 - Kelvin Gastelum 1.33

Back