General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - December, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
why did cummings and krause agree to this shit? they are both legit ufc level fighters.

Junie Browning is tiny compared to these other guys. He got dominated on the previous season years ago at 155 pounds and said after he lost, "Back to '35 I go". How is he going to compete with huge guys who cut to 170 pounds?

I guess he would be there just for the show and not actually trying to win the thing. Aka being a drunk idiot.

Got a bet pending that the ufc will add another weight class during 2016

They added the 135 division but the fight wont happen until next year

Will be interest to see how they grade this bet

It's a big step up in experience and competition, but you don't think Kron can potentially sub a grappler like Kawajiri?
Kron can sub anyone in the world. He was super close to choking out Marcelo Garcia.

Big John explains the changes to the Unified Rules of MMA:

Can't bet Kron if Kawa is under -150.

Kawa is not only ultra experienced, but a legit grappler, and has a heavy top game. I'll favor that over a fantastic bjj guy with 2-3 fights anyway.

What are the rules? 10 minute round followed by a 5 minute round?

Can't bet Kron if Kawa is under -150.

Kawa is not only ultra experienced, but a legit grappler, and has a heavy top game. I'll favor that over a fantastic bjj guy with 2-3 fights anyway.

What are the rules? 10 minute round followed by a 5 minute round?
I believe that fight uses the Rizin regular rules which is a 10 minute round followed by two 5 minute rounds.

Big John explains the changes to the Unified Rules of MMA:

rules sound good for the most part but man i'm not sure about that 10-8 / 10-7 rule as far as gambling goes. this could really lead to some strange decisions and it might be a brutal learning curve.

I can't wait to see someone eat a knee or kick to the head when they try to bend over and stick their fingertips on the mat in 2017.

That 3-point stance bullshit is beyond abused, and I'm glad it will be gone when the new year arrives.

The scorings going to be all over the place for six months or so. Hopefully we and the judges interpret these new rules the same and the dumbass bookies dont. Thats gonna give us some lb gold. Of course it could go the other way tho! Draw props defo gonna be worth hitting after a dominant r1.

All about damage now one big right hand cancels out six jabs as per bjm. Damage trumps volume. I also assume having someones back for 3 minutes means 10 8?

Are rules implemented for 207? Could make lineker tj scoring interesting. How are they supposed to interpret solid tj shots that lineker will walk straight through, as opposed to lineker landing less volume but his shots backing tj up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back