General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - February, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
He may be the better overall fighter but his durability is a huge concern. I'll most likely be on JG

IDK man, he got blasted by Conor at FW, but everyone Conor hit at that weight class crumbled (or hell even at LW given how good Eddie's chin is and what Conor did to him). MJ drilled him with about as flush a power shot as you can get hit with. Those are his only 2 KO losses in 27 fights. Yeah, if DP gets drawn into a brawl with Gaethje do I trust Justin's chin more? Sure. But honestly I've been super impressed with DP's grappling lately. I think guys have been willing to stand with Justin for quite awhile and he hasn't faced someone well rounded like Dustin who will look to take him down when he gets over-aggressive (which is the only setting Justin has).

Depending on odds I may look at JG round 1 or his KO line as a hedge, but I think Dustin grinds him out on the mat. Justin has shown solid TDD in the past, but those WSOF guys he was fighting aren't at the level of DP obviously. Especially because DP is a threat standing, which makes his grappling game better.

I also don't think DP can wrestle JG.

I disagree. He'll have to time things right for sure. He can't just immediately start shooting telegraphed shots obviously. But if he mixes it up I think he can put JG on his back.

He may be the better overall fighter but his durability is a huge concern. I'll most likely be on JG

I gotta agree with @mkess101, I think Dustin’s chin issues are overstated. I think the bigger concern is his tendency to throw technique out the window at times and engage in wild exchanges where he puts himself at risk. A lot of people were using the same durability argument for Yancy over Cerrone also.

Gaethje was rocked badly twice by MJ and could have been put away in both of his UFC fights if MJ didn’t inexplicably try to take him down instead of pouring it on.

I am very excited and very very sad that Porier & Gaethje are fighting. Legit 2 or my favorite fighters and it’s disappointing knowing one of them has to take an L.

Really don’t know who to pick

Last edited:
One FC Lines

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 8.49.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 8.49.25 AM.png
    102.3 KB · Views: 18
I think Machado has some value. He's bigger than La N Sang and his BJJ is decent..

Also, it looks like unibet has Kenny Shawn @ 2.80 for this weekend in cage warriors, while everyone else has him ~1.40.
Took some of that, a lot.

Last edited:
I think Machado has some value. He's bigger than La N Sang and his BJJ is decent..

Also, it looks like unibet has Kenny Shawn @ 2.80 for this weekend in cage warriors, while everyone else has him ~1.40.

Surely just a line error that will get reversed.

kenny/ruben looks like felony fights with 2 fat oafs. if one is a big dog it's not a terrible degen stab.

Unibet doesn't usually void bets...
I still have Andrade to be SW champion at odds 70 when they wanted to write 7...

I freerolled that with Wolf @ 3.00 at BEtsafe

Saw this but didn’t wanna post cause now everyone will jump on and they’ll probably void lol

Got 2u down on it, 0.5 accept and 1.5 had to be approved but came back pretty instant.
I wont bother hedging until fight night.

Got 2u down on it, 0.5 accept and 1.5 had to be approved but came back pretty instant.
I wont bother hedging until fight night.
Same. If they void andbive hedged I’ll be pissed so gonna wait. Wolf won’t go below 2.8 anyway

Count me among those who thinks JG's style is very entertaining, but not suited for a long stay at the top of the LW division. He could get away with his defensive woes against Palomino and apparently even MJ cause he is an idiot, but most of these top 10 lightweights are going to give him issues. Poirier has more options, hits like a truck and has better cardio. As others mentioned the leg kicks are the biggest threat, but JG just too damn hittable. Hoping Dustin comes back towards evens around fight time.

More CW odds.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 2.39.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 2.39.32 PM.png
    156.5 KB · Views: 21
Manning and Kinsella might be good stabs.
Also Abraham should win but he's a big favourite so yeah..

also like Timofey Nastyukhin +114 on the one fc card he is way more proven then Khan hwo have not beaten anybody yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back