General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - January, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmyclax22

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Just wanted to brag that I finished 1st in the UFC Pick'em. Couldn't have done it without you guys, reading your breakdowns and opinions is very helpful.

Congrats! That was fun this year I thought, let’s do it again for the sherdoggers next year.

Idk if this is true, there are not many lines out on khabib/Conor. I got -120 on khabib, betstars.

I would be on connor at those odds. I think he can find kabibs chin

Did we already discuss Bellator GP lonngplay at Unibet?

Mitrione 3.25
Bader 3.50
Mir 7.00
Fedor 7.50
Nelson 10.00
Someone else 12.00
Rampage 13.00
King Mo 13.00
Chael 21.00

I don’t really mind locking up a unit or two for a long time if the odds are right, but I don’t really like anything here. Do we know who is the reserve in case something happens, cause that could be a play?

Barboza cracked Khabib and likely hits harder than Conor. Remember it took 9 minutes for Conor to finally get Eddie out, which is time that he will not have against Kebab.

Did we already discuss Bellator GP lonngplay at Unibet?

Mitrione 3.25
Bader 3.50
Mir 7.00
Fedor 7.50
Nelson 10.00
Someone else 12.00
Rampage 13.00
King Mo 13.00
Chael 21.00

I don’t really mind locking up a unit or two for a long time if the odds are right, but I don’t really like anything here. Do we know who is the reserve in case something happens, cause that could be a play?

I wouldn't mind a play on Fedor at those odds. I don't see why Mir's the favorite over him.

Barboza cracked Khabib and likely hits harder than Conor. Remember it took 9 minutes for Conor to finally get Eddie out, which is time that he will not have against Kebab.

I wouldn't mind a play on Fedor at those odds. I don't see why Mir's the favorite over him.
Barboza definitely does not hit harder than Conor.

Fedor looks old, fat and slow in the training footage I have seen of him. I favor Mir in this one.

Barboza definitely does not hit harder than Conor.

Conor's power is tremendously overblown at LW in my book. Barboza caught Khabib with that spinning headkick, and a few hard knees in the fight which I believe are equivalent to anything that Conor's likely going to land on him. Conor, for the most part, has attritive power rather than one-shot kill potential aside from when Aldo decided to sprint into him.

I think you need to KO Khabib clean in order to stop him and that Conor's counter-game of a pull left-counter isn't going to be enough to keep him off. Conor's ultimately had most of his UFC success off coming forward.

Fedor looks old, fat and slow in the training footage I have seen of him. I favor Mir in this one.
They're both old, fat and slow. I rate Fedor's power, speed and chin over Mir's at this point in their careers which I think'll be the deciding point between two fragile HWs.

I actually fat country Nelson. Maybe this is the motivation he needs to go all out.

Conor's power is tremendously overblown at LW in my book. Barboza caught Khabib with that spinning headkick, and a few hard knees in the fight which I believe are equivalent to anything that Conor's likely going to land on him. Conor, for the most part, has attritive power rather than one-shot kill potential aside from when Aldo decided to sprint into him.
Khabib saw all those kicks coming, and partly blocked them. Conors hand are way faster and more precise than that, and he for sure got more pop in his hands than Barboza does. But Khabib ragdolls him regardless ;)

No way barboza hits harder. But connor is extremely precise with his hands thats what gives him all his tkos. Bringing up the eddie alvarez fight doesnt resemble anything here imo. Eddie got mollywhopped bell to bell and connor was just being patient..the skill gap is just as big standing for connor. As the gap in ground is for kebab. Connor is a tactician on the feet. With such a clear advantage i have to go with the +200 dog

No fair im not even sure 10 people read this thread regularly enough lol

I was thinking the same thing lol, probably like 6-7 people that post on here on a regular basis, if this was a UFC event mma betting forum, no problem.

Rams have very little experience in the postseason while the Falcons are reigning NFC champs. I think this is a 60/40 game and we’re getting a lot of value on the Falcons. If it hits +7 I’d be ecstatic

jones and freeman are probably going to be playing injured.

nurmagomedov-vs-barboza-slow-motion-1.jpg

Not the best defence facing a sniper like McGoat

Who will be the dog in Cerrone vs Medeiros?
My guess would be Cerrone as a close dog. What do you think?

What did you get

Nothing yet, on the website they say you get 2 tickets to a UFC event but that’s for 2016. Apparently they have discontinued that with the rewards system. I won some money from a private league though.

Tapology is the contest that you want to win. I finished in first place in the year long contest that ended in early 2016 and got a risk free check for $500 from them.

Love Rockhold at +155. I think Rockhold should be the favorite here, he's faster, more athletic, better ground game. Does anyone think Whitaker's stand-up is that much better to off set all Rockhold's advantages? I think we're getting a great price on Rockhold here since he underestimated Bisping and Branch. Rockhold seems to be the classic fighter that fights up or down to the level of competition

edit - *** upon further reflection, Rockhold's chin is the concern. Still like the price...

Last edited:
Love Rockhold at +155. I think Rockhold should be the favorite here, he's faster, more athletic, better ground game. Does anyone think Whitaker's stand-up is that much better to off set all Rockhold's advantages? I think we're getting a great price on Rockhold here since he underestimated Bisping and Branch. Rockhold seems to be the classic fighter that fights up or down to the level of competition

edit - *** upon further reflection, Rockhold's chin is the concern. Still like the price...

He will be bigger but how good are his takedow compared to say Romero? I don’t know if he can get Rockhold down and if Branch was hitting him I’m certain Whittaker can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back