General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - January, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love Rockhold at +155. I think Rockhold should be the favorite here, he's faster, more athletic, better ground game. Does anyone think Whitaker's stand-up is that much better to off set all Rockhold's advantages? I think we're getting a great price on Rockhold here since he underestimated Bisping and Branch. Rockhold seems to be the classic fighter that fights up or down to the level of competition

edit - *** upon further reflection, Rockhold's chin is the concern. Still like the price...
I agree with his advantages you mentioned. But its not just his chin thats a concern. His striking defense is not great. mixed with his poor chin its a bad combo

Seeing a gap in the market with Luca Fury's retirement, the guys at BestFightPicks, Daniel Levi & Shaq, whose Half The Battle MMA betting podcast I was mildly entertained by, have gone tout. They promise to give picks for their subscribers before the lines are even released, so you can jump on the openers like them.

Seeing a gap in the market with Luca Fury's retirement, the guys at BestFightPicks, Daniel Levi & Shaq, whose Half The Battle MMA betting podcast I was mildly entertained by, have gone tout. They promise to give picks for their subscribers before the lines are even released, so you can jump on the openers like them.

I like their podcast but I'm not supporting this. His best year ever was 40U, they make claims on their verifiable record which simply arent true. Giving picks before odds are released, what if their odds predictions are wrong? It's a scam. Good on them getting paid (if they do) but it's a scam

I like their podcast but I'm not supporting this. His best year ever was 40U, they make claims on their verifiable record which simply arent true. Giving picks before odds are released, what if their odds predictions are wrong? It's a scam. Good on them getting paid (if they do) but it's a scam
I also enjoy their podcasts, and like to listen to the discussion same as I do with several others. Scam might be too strong a word, since I kinda feel like they mean to be as legit as they can be. But of course, giving out plays to your subscribers based on how you think the openers are going to look is a real stretch. I mean, many of us have our own leans and estimates before the lines come out and then pounce when the lines are realeased if as good or better than we anticipated. But it's another thing to charge people for a service based on assumptions like that.

Love Rockhold at +155. I think Rockhold should be the favorite here, he's faster, more athletic, better ground game. Does anyone think Whitaker's stand-up is that much better to off set all Rockhold's advantages? I think we're getting a great price on Rockhold here since he underestimated Bisping and Branch. Rockhold seems to be the classic fighter that fights up or down to the level of competition

edit - *** upon further reflection, Rockhold's chin is the concern. Still like the price...
Rockhold faster than Whittaker? No man, not at all

nurmagomedov-vs-barboza-slow-motion-1.jpg

Not the best defence facing a sniper like McGoat
The reason he went so hard forward at Barboza was too shut his kicks down, and the fact that he don't respect the power in his hands. Every analyst I've heard says the same thing " if Khabib runs at Conor like that with his head up it's good night", I dont see why they would be expecting an identical approach against a completely different opponent

Who will be the dog in Cerrone vs Medeiros?
My guess would be Cerrone as a close dog. What do you think?

Gimme your goddamn guesses already :mad:;)

Rockhold is an amazing fighter but his chin and cockiness set him back.

Whittaker has done great to keep the fight on the feet against Romero and Jacare who he out struck both.

His striking I believe is a lot better than Rockhold, if you believe Rockhold can get him too the ground and work his magic early and keep it going... Then +155 is great.

I feel like the branch punches have been severely overrated on this forum (the Heavies)

Nah I'd need closer to -150 to play him, he's untested against a high caliber wrestler. Was nearly 5 years ago but Bermudez was able to take a decision off him with 4 TDs.
most people scored that fight for Max iirc

Nah I'm the guy who got fucked out of ~80K when Brown got whooped by Ellenberger
Ouchhhhhhhhh fucking hell. The one fight burger decides to show up.

Did you sorta get a smile out of perry/burger

Nah I'd need closer to -150 to play him, he's untested against a high caliber wrestler. Was nearly 5 years ago but Bermudez was able to take a decision off him with 4 TDs.

Max is a beast and more often than not wins this but if Edgar is +245 does that mean we can get some +400 Edgar by decision!??? That would be too juicy to pass up

Max is a beast and more often than not wins this but if Edgar is +245 does that mean we can get some +400 Edgar by decision!??? That would be too juicy to pass up
Taking into account the o4.5 line, Edgar decision would be around +460

Hoping for some acb lines tomorrow!

Main Event - Lightweight 155 lbs

Yusup Umarov +150
Rander Junio -190

-

Co-Main Event - Lightweight 155 lbs

Magomed Raisov +110
Pat Healy -150

.5u Raisov +110

Status
Not open for further replies.