General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - January, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Romero a way easier fight than Wittaker IMO

Not saying I think Rock should be a heavy fave. But he shouldn't be this large a dog IMO

Personally I was thinking the opposite, that Romero is a tougher fight for Rockhold than Whittaker because of his wrestling.

Personally I was thinking the opposite, that Romero is a tougher fight for Rockhold than Whittaker because of his wrestling.

disagree rockhold's wrestling is very legit, i think romero will be forced to stand where he gets pieced up at kicking range.

disagree rockhold's wrestling is very legit, i think romero will be forced to stand where he gets pieced up at kicking range.

We definitely see this fight differently then. I think Romero will likely choose to stand, which is where I think he can win this fight. He may mix in a takedown or two here and there to keep Luke guessing, but I don't think that the mat is where he is going to want the fight to take place. I think Rockhold had a better chance of scoring top position and tapping Whittaker than he does Romero.

We definitely see this fight differently then. I think Romero will likely choose to stand, which is where I think he can win this fight. He may mix in a takedown or two here and there to keep Luke guessing, but I don't think that the mat is where he is going to want the fight to take place. I think Rockhold had a better chance of scoring top position and tapping Whittaker than he does Romero.

Whit wrestling is drastically underrated. His cardio is top notch. Both those would have been kryptonite to Rock maybe.

Yoel has been out wrestled by Jacare and Brunson. His cardio is crap.

If Rock survives the first and gets takedowns afterward. Yoel is fuckef

I think Rockhold had a better chance of scoring top position and tapping Whittaker than he does Romero.

i totally agree with this, but i also think rockhold has a much better chance of outstriking romero than he does whittaker.

Whit wrestling is drastically underrated. His cardio is top notch. Both those would have been kryptonite to Rock maybe.

Yoel has been out wrestled by Jacare and Brunson. His cardio is crap.

If Rock survives the first and gets takedowns afterward. Yoel is fuckef

Agreed, if he ends up flat on his back when he's gassed out he's going to struggle, but I think he'll clip Rockhold before then. And for as much as people shit on Yoel's cardio, he went 5 full rounds with Whittaker in his last outing and has scored several 3rd round knockouts. No doubt he slows down as the fight progresses, but he still packs more than enough power to put Rockhold's lights out if he lands even semi-flush. Giving him only 1 round to get it done is overlooking his entire body of work IMO.

Agreed, if he ends up flat on his back when he's gassed out he's going to struggle, but I think he'll clip Rockhold before then. And for as much as people shit on Yoel's cardio, he went 5 full rounds with Whittaker in his last outing and has scored several 3rd round knockouts. No doubt he slows down as the fight progresses, but he still packs more than enough power to put Rockhold's lights out if he lands even semi-flush. Giving him only 1 round to get it done is overlooking his entire body of work IMO.

He won the first 2 rounds against Whittaker and lost the last 3. He also gassed badly against Jacare and was nearly finished in the third. I agree he’s capable of landing a fight ending strike in the later rounds, he’s proven that, but I think it clearly favors Rockhold the deeper the fight goes.

He won the first 2 rounds against Whittaker and lost the last 3. He also gassed badly against Jacare and was nearly finished in the third. I agree he’s capable of landing a fight ending strike in the later rounds, he’s proven that, but I think it clearly favors Rockhold the deeper the fight goes.

I also think Rock will be VERY dangerous on top

He has one of the best top games in the sport IMO. It's also worth noting that although Romero did go 5 rounds with Whittaker, Whittaker was basically fighting on one leg. Could have been a different story if Whittaker was 100% in the later rounds.

I am also considering to bet on Rockhold but his chin is a big concern. If Romero find it clear, Luke is gone.

I definitely agree, but I think Rockhold likely needs to get it to the championship rounds if he wants to take over. I'm not convinced that he'll score a clean takedown during the first half of the fight.

Absolutely, especially if it's after a few rounds of action.

I have made my choice already as well, I go for Makhachev 1.57

For my next pick in the L challange i take Cormier

Screenshot_20180117-101845.jpg
Also hearing rumors that the second title fight on the card is likely Namajunas vs Jedrzejczyk 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back