General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - March, 2018

I'll probably just make small bets on Vitor rd 1 and 2. Aside from the dec win over Nate (which Vitor was kinda gifted), the last time he won a fight that went past round 2 was...wait for it...2007! 11 years and 20-something fights. If it goes past round 2, I'm pretty confident Machida wins (scratch that, more than pretty confident). He's just as old as Machida, more mileage, and a worse chin. And he's proven he has 3-5 minutes worth of cardio at this point, tops. I mean yeah, the Anders fight was close, but that's a young up and coming guy who'd been blasting everyone. He clipped Lyoto a few times and Machida didn't crumble. He fought a great tactical fight given his opponent, and got the win. Kelvin hit Vitor with one decent punch and Vitor looked like he'd been hit with a wrecking ball.

And the 3 fights prior to Anders were Brunson, Rockhold, Jacare. I mean, yeah, they all stopped Machida but that's not exactly scrubs he's fighting. Those guys would have done the same thing to Vitor, probably just more quickly.

I cap Lyoto around -250 or so, maybe up to -300 range. Vitor's chance to win imo is to blitz Lyoto early and catch him. Otherwise, he's gonna slow down and get lit up (or at least clearly outpointed).
I dont see how Vitor is going to gas against a low volume, slow paced Machida. Also, remember how Anderson-Vitor looked early? I really wouldnt be shocked if this fight was a glorified sparring match with each round being kinda hard to judge... IDK, Machida prob blows Vitor out of the water but there's zero chance I bet the fight, let alone go heavy on it. BOL

I dont see how Vitor is going to gas against a low volume, slow paced Machida. Also, remember how Anderson-Vitor looked early? I really wouldnt be shocked if this fight was a glorified sparring match with each round being kinda hard to judge... IDK, Machida prob blows Vitor out of the water but there's zero chance I bet the fight, let alone go heavy on it. BOL

I can certainly see passing now at -225. But -150 was a steal imo.

I think Vitor just sucks as a counterstriker. He's only effective when he's pressing the action. If he does that, he's playing into Machida's strengths. Vitor either starches him early (and I'll have Vitor rd 1 probably around +500 or something), get countered and finished, or gasses himself out.

IF Vitor tries to play the distance sparring-type fight, he's just not good enough at that range to win that type of fight with the Machida that just fought Anders.

Working a nice freeroll for the card tonight. Added a bet on the heavyweight co-main fight too since that line opened.

LFA 35
Risk $496.40

Jared Vanderaa (-215) vs Vernon Lewis $215.00 for $100.00
Jason Langellier (-101) vs Thomas Webb ~$141.40 for ~$140.00
Thomas Webb (+250) vs Jason Langellier $140.00 for $350.00

Charles Cheeks with the W at LFA 35. Risk 1.35u to win 1u. I like this guy. Great athlete.

anyone know what happened with the sarafian fight? looks like it was a draw.

interesting william hill must have misgraded it.

cashed on mattos and sarafian, nice work for a friday.
I don’t understand. Placed a parlay on mattow and sarafian which is still listed as an open bet in my book... sarafian was announced as winner and then it was changed to a draw? What happens to my wager then?

I don’t understand. Placed a parlay on mattow and sarafian which is still listed as an open bet in my book... sarafian was announced as winner and then it was changed to a draw? What happens to my wager then?

talk to them on live chat, i got my bet changed from void to win.

talk to them on live chat, i got my bet changed from void to win.
What did you say to them? I just got off the phone and they said they will have to consult with sports department and get back to me. I mean he was announced the winner right there which normally means a win for the bettor... so hopefully things work out in my favor

What did you say to them? I just got off the phone and they said they will have to consult with sports department and get back to me. I mean he was announced the winner right there which normally means a win for the bettor... so hopefully things work out in my favor

yeah they said the same thing to me and then a few hours later the cash was in my account. you should be fine.

loads of weird shit happening the last week or so with UK/euro books. i think a lot of them were affected by the snow in the UK, ppl not getting to work etc

Interesting. I guess negotiations for TJ /DJ fizzled out?

Edit* looks like DJS team is calling this fake news. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
May 27th Darren Till is fighting in Liverpool, no opponent yet.

I'm sad the Marcin Held gravy train is over. It's not everyday that you get a one trick pony (grappler) who is overrated at the books.

Oh well.

Back