General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - March, 2018

I totally blanked on style bender. Didn’t recognize his name and missed him. Pretty sure he opened at -135

No way I’m playing him now

Got Romero at -140 though

<{anton}>

-165 on rockhold

Not playing jacare at -245

Hoping money comes in on Diaz. Thought these lines would be closer. I’d like to get dustin at around -150. I was hoping the general public would steam Diaz.

I’ll take Conor at +130 as well. Classic striker vs grappler match up

Shame at these 100 opener limits. Yoel at -140 would’ve been a max bet situation for me

Parlayed Soriano and Andrews 6 units to win like 2.5. Think they get it done pretty easily here.

I'm too degen to pass:

CES MMA 51 Risk $260.00

Parlay:
Sean Soriano (-385) vs Bruce Boyington + Nate Andrews (-1000) + D'Juan Owens $260.00 for $101.40

Nate Andrews is one of those old school guys who is content with being the man in his region of the United States of America.

He doesn't care about fighting anyone good, and would rather continue to beat low level guys and pad his record. I doubt he even wants a shot in the UFC if it means fighting outside of his region and likely taking on someone who is much better than him.

I can't think of anyone else aside from Andrews who still has this type of fighter mentality. The other fighters who used to protect their records like this eventually stepped up and got beat, or just retired at some point.

There goes that degen tail on Soriano

Dude gassed pretty bad. Gace up position easily

Dude gets tapped by mr spinny

With that submission win, 39-year-old Bruce Boyington -- a pure striker with an MCL injury and a sleeve/brace on his knee -- improves his MMA record to 16-11.

That was supposed to be Sean Soriano's ticket back to the UFC winning the vacant CES MMA belt. Boyington's a tough guy, but injured and Sean choked badly in that fight by getting his back taken and standing up without protecting his neck. I should have skipped it like I initially said.

Sigh...

This main event was worse than I thought. Just another can being crushed by a mediocre regional fighter.

Thank goodness UFC is tomorrow.

Okay...so is this Dustin trolling Nate? Or is Dustin actually pissed too?

If it's the second of those 2, then I think it's pretty likely both were lied to about which card they'd be on. Which kinda makes sense, given that Dustin was absolutely in a position to just wait for a title shot. But if they sell him "Hey, you are gonna co-main against Nate with Conor headlining and we'll give you ppv points", then waiting for a title shot all of a sudden doesn't matter so much. He gets his payday vs Nate.

Now they are gonna co-main with a ME that will sell probably what, 25% of the ppv's that Conor/Khabib will?

IDK, this whole thing is just messed up.

Edit: Brett Okamoto was with Dustin when he tweeted that. Dustin was cracking up. He's clearly having some fun with Nate.
Looks like Nate was just pissed because of the Conor Khabib promo video and that they're not promoting him enough. Nate always cracks me up though, but I guess he's just being Nate and this fight will happen.

Last edited:
I am so confused why Nate says like 8 words at a press conference and then flips out when he doesn't get "promoted" properly. I thought this dude was hard, why does he give a shit? Either way, going to be a SICK fight.

I am so confused why Nate says like 8 words at a press conference and then flips out when he doesn't get "promoted" properly. I thought this dude was hard, why does he give a shit? Either way, going to be a SICK fight.
Because promotion actually gets him paid the big money? Because the difference in pay will be huge? Because hes a lifelong martial artist getting screwed over after all the work he has put into it? Because in case you didn't realise Nate isn't actually a genius. He might be 'hard' but since when are tough guys known for a high IQ?

Nate's problem was that they told him he'd be on the same PPV as Conor-Khabib. That would make a huge difference in the payday due to the PPV points that he has.

Volkan -165
Smith +135

Anybody have a lean on this fight?
I quite like Volkan if the line continues to close. I think he's the more skilled striker and has beaten HW's no problem. His two losses are from getting outgrappled too. Smiths defence isn't great and but he's seriously confident now. I see him coming out hard and just getting finished in the first or second.

Nate's problem was that they told him he'd be on the same PPV as Conor-Khabib. That would make a huge difference in the payday due to the PPV points that he has.
I don't think they told him that and that was just speculation from everyone, wouldn't make any sense to tell him he's on another card on another date. From the short interview it looks like he was mad about not being promoted and seeing the Conor Khabib promotion video

All in all I think this fight is happening and looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Really liking Branch @+180, looked great against Santos and I think Jacare is starting to look old and although he was competitive against Kelvin and could've won that fight, I think that fight showed a lot of signs of him aging.

Also think Weidman will get it done against Rockhold this time and knock him out, just a gut feeling I have and not much to back it up other than that I think Rockholds chin is gone.

Hate putting any more money down on these fights that happen in months though, already have a lot of money on DC-Brock and Woodley-Cody that I'm not getting back till the end of the year. Fuckers at WH suspended the cash in option on the DC-Brock fight and BetOnline doesn't have a cash in option. In hindsight it was stupid of me to bet on DC-Brock without thinking if it could happen in 2018, but because of the odds I acted real fast without thinking to much about it. Some things are just to great to be true I guess.

Last edited:
Really liking Branch @+180, looked great against Santos and I think Jacare is starting to look old and although he was competitive against Kelvin and could've won that fight, I think that fight showed a lot of signs of him aging.

Also think Weidman will get it done against Rockhold this time and knock him out, just a gut feeling I have and not much to back it up other than that I think Rockholds chin is gone.

Jacare is still a monster. I’m not betting against the guy

Weidman really hasn’t looked very impressive. I see no reason why rockhold won’t make him gas again and stop him

Jacare is still a monster. I’m not betting against the guy

Weidman really hasn’t looked very impressive. I see no reason why rockhold won’t make him gas again and stop him
I don't think Jacare is the same anymore and I'm pretty high on Branch and I'll at least put a little bit down at these odds. Might wait a bit to see if the odds get even better.

Rockhold would for sure be the logic pick here against Weidman, but for some reason I think Weidman gets it done. Not putting any money down on Weidman now, but will at least play his KO prop when the time has come.

Last edited:
Back