General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - May, 2017

mkess101

Not the hero he deserves, but the hero he needs
@plutonium
Reaction score
So I get that Glover is 37 but if you throw out his first pro fight in 2002, he's been stopped exactly once in 30 pro fights (and Rumble probably hits as hard as anyone in MMA history).

NOT Gus itd is -131. I think this has value. I still think Glover is durable, even at 37. The last time Gus fought in front of his home crowd he got starched by Rumble after probably being too aggressive. I have a feeling he'll play it a bit more safe this time. And he didn't look good last time out vs Jan at all.

I think this fight could play out a lot of different ways, so only paying a little juice that it's not a finish by Gus seems to make sense to me here.

Interesting read. But it's funny how some people persist with the myth that the sport used to be so much more brutal in the early days. For the most part conditioning & cardio were not a serious consideration so most fighters would gas very quickly; they'd also quit more often if they didn't like what was happening, not such a viable option these days; and of course today's fighters are far more complete & capable combat athletes. Okay head-butts and groin strikes used to be permitted but they were actually rarely used in competition. Professionalism's made it a far more brutal sport imo.

Interesting read. But it's funny how some people persist with the myth that the sport used to be so much more brutal in the early days. For the most part conditioning & cardio were not a serious consideration so most fighters would gas very quickly; they'd also quit more often if they didn't like what was happening, not such a viable option these days; and of course today's fighters are far more complete & capable combat athletes. Okay head-butts and groin strikes used to be permitted but they were actually rarely used in competition. Professionalism's made it a far more brutal sport imo.

Remember when fighting with a broken nose or a broken hand was amazing? Now days it is expected. And if you do something like tap to strikes you're an embarrassment to the sport. You're damn right the sport is more brutal now.

Remember when fighting with a broken nose or a broken hand was amazing? Now days it is expected. And if you do something like tap to strikes you're an embarrassment to the sport. You're damn right the sport is more brutal now.
Well, back then you had all kinds of judokas and kick boxers fighting, who knew hardly anything about defending strikes on the ground, and then you had beasts like Mark Kerr pounding their heads through the floor. That's pretty brutal all right.

Last edited:
Glover is 2.75 now, Im putting a unit on it.

i really don't mind gustafsson at -175 (uk), wouldn't play him the current price in america though.

Gus didn't look good against Blanchowitz, and Glover might be old but he is still dangerous.

Gus is having injury problems, he has the pressure of the home town crowd and what happens against Rumble in the back of his mind, and is becoming a father soon. Red flag city. And I'll be super happy if Gus wins since so it's a good hedge for me.

What do you guys think about the o2.5 in gus/glover? -110 on both sides, I see it going over more times than under
UFC Sweden will be the first live event for me, really hyped for it

Gus didn't look good against Blanchowitz, and Glover might be old but he is still dangerous. Gus is having injury problems, he has the pressure of the home town crowd and what happens against Rumble in the back of his mind, and is becoming a father soon. Red flag city.
Exaclty. And don't forget about the cancelled fight against Mousasi. I kind of think that this time Gus is good for the pressure on fight night, but will he come in best possible shape is the real guestion.

does anyone have any good reads on upcoming CW card? any off lines there?

Robbie Lawler versus Cowboy Cerrone confirmed for UFC 213

I wanted to log in to betfair exchange but got a message my account was closed wtf, got 4k over there

anybody else experienced this?

Last edited:
Back