General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - October, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
fuck i wanted to lb white but they pulled the lines.

FU Inman

Landed Soldic, Lee and Houston treble though. Won just over a unit I think.

Hey Friends,
Where can you watch the ACB card? I'm looking.
Hope all is well.

Man. I'd get most of mine out. I think we could see a monstrous crash

I agree with you. The runup in the period of time is unheard of, smells and looks like a bubble, lots of poker players invested in it. It's perfect for traders looking for short term swings but not so good right now for a long term investment .

I'm more invested and interested in the blockchain technology which has practical use and the everyday economy is willing to embrace it. Blockchain stocks were on fire the past two weeks.

Not pushing anything, worked in finance for quite a few years and baffled with the runup and how it's sustained so far (bitcoin).

what makes you think there will be a massive crash? there will be a gigantic amount of people wanting to buy if it dips to 5k. wall street money is starting to trickle in which is like adding rocket fuel to your lambo, ledger x is coming out soon, enabling fiat to be deposited to trade with bitcoin, an etf is inevitable at some point. the media have gone silent about it instead of trashing it constantly, bitcoin has been a bubble for years now apparently yet keeps hitting all time highs.

10k is a very realistic target next year, I think you'd regret selling now come a few years.
the crazy amount of blockchain applications and the world changing potential they have are directly going to help raise bitcoins profile and use cases, you say blockchain stocks were on fire but can they compare to the huge increase in price on crypto? and as worries continue to grow about a bubble in the stock markets and the volatility of the major world currencies and geopolitical issues that exacerbate this are only going to increase interest and legitimacy of the crypto space.

also when you look at the frankly disastrous year bitcoin has had with the failed etf decision, numerous forks, divided community, government crackdowns and bans in places like china, yet still it just rocketed past 5k and hit a high of around $5850. that suggests to me this is starting to really worry banks and governments who use traditional money as a political tool they see the monetary freedom it offers the public and it scares the fuck out of them. fundamentally bitcoin looks great right now and technically it is well on its way to the moon as well.

all of this is not to say that there won't be pullbacks in the price there usually is after a substantial increase in price but that's how markets behave lol, or that the possibility of a crash doesn't exist but overall the future is looking incredibly bright.

what makes you think there will be a massive crash? there will be a gigantic amount of people wanting to buy if it dips to 5k. wall street money is starting to trickle in which is like adding rocket fuel to your lambo, ledger x is coming out soon, enabling fiat to be deposited to trade with bitcoin, an etf is inevitable at some point. the media have gone silent about it instead of trashing it constantly, bitcoin has been a bubble for years now apparently yet keeps hitting all time highs.

10k is a very realistic target next year, I think you'd regret selling now come a few years.
the crazy amount of blockchain applications and the world changing potential they have are directly going to help raise bitcoins profile and use cases, you say blockchain stocks were on fire but can they compare to the huge increase in price on crypto? and as worries continue to grow about a bubble in the stock markets and the volatility of the major world currencies and geopolitical issues that exacerbate this are only going to increase interest and legitimacy of the crypto space.

also when you look at the frankly disastrous year bitcoin has had with the failed etf decision, numerous forks, divided community, government crackdowns and bans in places like china, yet still it just rocketed past 5k and hit a high of around $5850. that suggests to me this is starting to really worry banks and governments who use traditional money as a political tool they see the monetary freedom it offers the public and it scares the fuck out of them. fundamentally bitcoin looks great right now and technically it is well on its way to the moon as well.

all of this is not to say that there won't be pullbacks in the price there usually is after a substantial increase in price but that's how markets behave lol, or that the possibility of a crash doesn't exist but overall the future is looking incredibly bright.

Everything that has monster run ups in a short period of time usually correct themselves. Case in point, not an exact apples to apples comparison but look at the tech bubble in late 90's and early 2000 period, tons of companies had huge run ups in a short period of time but valuations were ridiculous, lots of investors lost lots of money when things got corrected.

I really have a hard time seeing the US government allowing bitcoin/cryptocurrency to be used as a mainstream currency. Tax revenue is the biggest source of government income and this means companies who accept bitcoin and have to pay taxes will be exposed to an exchange rate risk when paying the government. Allowing bitcoin to be used as a major currency will shift the paradigm of the banking industry in many ways and I don't think the big US banks and government will be so open to the change. Could it possibly happen maybe but if it does it's more likely so many years away. For bitcoin to really explode it needs to be accepted by an exchange of medium for the general population but governments aside from Japan aren't going to allow that to happen so easily. Most people I talk to are more speculative buyers and lots of speculation leads to correction or major corrections. Some people who I talk to who made a fair amount of money are unloading feeling it's time to take profits.

In terms of blockchain technology, there is something that is undervalued. In making investments you make money by buying undervalued not overvalued products. Blockchain is something practical that can be used in many different industries and creates efficiencies and can save companies money and enhance security. It's something I can envision the government and US banks incorporating, also some of the best companies will be bought out and they seem to have a fairly decent time raising capital because firms/people believe it being a profitable venture. That's why I think blockchain technology is a way better investment in the long term, less risk and it hasn't anywhere near the run up bitcoin/cryptocurrencies have and room to increase.

Also guys I know in the investment are saying blockchain is the next new big thing, they said that about bitcoin a few years back. Hopefully I'm wrong for anybody holding bitcoin or any cryptocurrency. Maybe it's just a small correction. I just feel blockchain technology is the real and better investment for many reasons.

Fyi, last time wall street made some risky investments to generate higher rates of returns for clients like investing in CDS (credit default swaps), it lead to the subprime mortgage crisis which didn't end well. So I'm pretty sure they are being really careful this time around.

Everything that has monster run ups in a short period of time usually correct themselves. Case in point, not an exact apples to apples comparison but look at the tech bubble in late 90's and early 2000 period, tons of companies had huge run ups in a short period of time but valuations were ridiculous, lots of investors lost lots of money when things got corrected.

I really have a hard time seeing the US government allowing bitcoin/cryptocurrency to be used as a mainstream currency. Tax revenue is the biggest source of government income and this means companies who accept bitcoin and have to pay taxes will be exposed to an exchange rate risk when paying the government. Allowing bitcoin to be used as a major currency will shift the paradigm of the banking industry in many ways and I don't think the big US banks and government will be so open to the change. Could it possibly happen maybe but if it does it's more likely so many years away. For bitcoin to really explode it needs to be accepted by an exchange of medium for the general population but governments aside from Japan aren't going to allow that to happen so easily. Most people I talk to are more speculative buyers and lots of speculation leads to correction or major corrections. Some people who I talk to who made a fair amount of money are unloading feeling it's time to take profits.

In terms of blockchain technology, there is something that is undervalued. In making investments you make money by buying undervalued not overvalued products. Blockchain is something practical that can be used in many different industries and creates efficiencies and can save companies money and enhance security. It's something I can envision the government and US banks incorporating, also some of the best companies will be bought out and they seem to have a fairly decent time raising capital because firms/people believe it being a profitable venture. That's why I think blockchain technology is a way better investment in the long term, less risk and it hasn't anywhere near the run up bitcoin/cryptocurrencies have and room to increase.

Also guys I know in the investment are saying blockchain is the next new big thing, they said that about bitcoin a few years back. Hopefully I'm wrong for anybody holding bitcoin or any cryptocurrency. Maybe it's just a small correction. I just feel blockchain technology is the real and better investment for many reasons.

Fyi, last time wall street made some risky investments to generate higher rates of returns for clients like investing in CDS (credit default swaps), it lead to the subprime mortgage crisis which didn't end well. So I'm pretty sure they are being really careful this time around.

yeah I think the tech bubble is a decent comparison, I mean almost all of the shitcoins and ICO's have ridiculous valuations considering almost all of them have zero use cases. but like the huge tech companies that made it, bitcoin has a chance for the value to increase dramatically due to the limited supply cheaper and more efficient ways to use it, but that doesn't mean some of the bigger coins won't become huge themselves. Most of them will just die off and the value will plummet to zero though and possibly another coin could take bitcoins place as the biggest one however.

as for the US government, they are slowly losing their status as the biggest world power and may not have much say in the matter if one day bitcoin does become mainstream, countries are starting to abandon the dollar as the reserve currency of the world. countries will jump on board long before the US. a lot of the real world use cases are for people under the poverty line sending money without the crippling transaction fees and ridiculous wait times, the global use case far outweighs 1 single country. especially when there are already many countries who are crypto friendly.
that's a good point about companies opening themselves up to exchange rates and honestly I'm no expert in that area so don't really know how it would work, but bitcoin on paper should be a lot more stable by that point in theory while the dollar could potentially be more volatile as it looses it's dominance around the world when kanye west is president.
Absolutely, for crypto to become mainstream it needs a way for the average pleb on the street to easily be able to buy it. Wouldn't a SEF like ledgerx (https://ledgerx.com/) be a big step in that direction?

Most people I have met who talk about it are speculative buyers also but they are typically young ppl fomo'ing into something they know nothing about. the real money in crypto is already held by people who are holding it for longterm, people who trade it and people who mine it and a combination of them. that's one of the reasons why bitcoin is so interesting because traditionally governments and banks are first to the party, so they will have to pay much more to get in currently.

blockchain technology has already been supported and planned to be implemented by many governments around the world already. as is plans to make native crypto currencies. what you described about blockchain making things more efficient safe and cost effective is exactly what bitcoin will do if it becomes mainstream and people are starting to wake up to the realisation that they want control of their own money opposed to governments using it as a political tool to control the population. I sorta disagree about blockchain startups being a better investment long term when there is so much potential upside for bitcoin present day. but I guess it depends on your strategies and experience. ultimately I think they go hand in hand, if we want to improve how companies and governments are run etc, why wouldn't we want to do the same with money?

how is the sub prime mortgage crisis comparable to bitcoin though? they knew they couldn't lose out on that right? engaging in a morally suspect investment while ruining people's lives is the opposite of what bitcoin and crypto in general stands for. risk doesn't strike me as something that would stop money pouring into bitcoin because they realise how much stupid money has already beaten them to it.

Last edited:
ACB and LFA odds

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 12.08.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 12.08.18 PM.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 12.08.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 12.08.43 PM.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 13
Cochrane's line is ridiculous at this point. The others are close to where I have them. I'll look into them further today.

Anyone here take a look at the LFA 25 fights/lines?

Kinda like Jordan Larson against Kassius Holdorf. Holdorf is a dangerous striker but cannot stop a takedown and cannot get up from bottom position unless the ref stands the fight up for him. Larson has never been knocked out or even lost a decision, only been subbed by good grapplers which Holdorf is clearly not. Feels like Larson can just LnP his way to victory.

Anyone here take a look at the LFA 25 fights/lines?

Kinda like Jordan Larson against Kassius Holdorf. Holdorf is a dangerous striker but cannot stop a takedown and cannot get up from bottom position unless the ref stands the fight up for him. Larson has never been knocked out or even lost a decision, only been subbed by good grapplers which Holdorf is clearly not. Feels like Larson can just LnP his way to victory.

Tailing you here. I was thinking about that play too, but unsure. It seems we've been on a lot of the same stuff recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back