Geoff Neal beat the fighting spirit right out of Luque

He didn’t really quit. He was intelligently defending himself. That stoppage was so early. Even Luque seemed annoyed with the stoppage.
Horrible take. You don't understand what you are watching.

Yes, let's dump on the guy who's thirty fights deep and overcame a brain bleed. Even more so, you could say that stoppage was somewhat questionable as he was defending himself and not all the shots were getting through. Petersen could at least yelled at him to do something before he stopped it.
Not sure this is dumping on him. Just laid there and did nothing, just accepted position. He quit, regardless of every shot landing.

We'll probably never see the same guy again and that's fine. He should get out the sport though, MMA isn't something you can do half hearted, with subconscious fears, or overly worried about your health.

That was tough to watch, Luque is the man but him just covering up not doing anything definitely made it seem like he just didn’t want to be in there anymore.

I said when this fight was announced that while Luque should be the favourite, it was hard to shake the feeling he might be on the downslide and this fight proved it. Looked like shit. Buckley's a decent addition to the top end at WW though.

Luque is definition of being washed. He will have problem to win another fight.

Yes, let's dump on the guy who's thirty fights deep and overcame a brain bleed. Even more so, you could say that stoppage was somewhat questionable as he was defending himself and not all the shots were getting through. Petersen could at least yelled at him to do something before he stopped it.
Nobody's dumping on the guy, take it easy Karen. Pointing out reality isn't dumping on the guy.

And the stoppage was more than justified, Luque's been around more than long enough to know that you can't stay in that position and do nothing.

Tbf, Keith Petersen was the referee in the Luque/Neal fight where Luque suffered that brain injury. It must have been on his mind refereeing this fight I'd think.
Do we even know if the ref knew anything about the aftermath?

Luque is a warrior through and through.
Im not sure how he get medically cleared after a brain bleed however.

I think its time to hang em sadly.
I would hate for him to get seriously injured.

Much love to Luque, he's given many exciting wars.

Luque was in there with another hitter and didn’t want to stand in the fire-fight last night

He def cares more about his brain these days

His choice was the worst move ever, he didn't pull guard out of desperation, he pulled it to mix up the fight and then proceeded to do nothing but take strikes from the bottom. It's one of the most bizarre choices I've seen in a fight. He wasn't rocked or anything, he just decided that was the best way to proceed in the fight he was doing okay in, but losing.

dude learned a lot about the brain... changes the way he feels and fights...... he is getting paid and taking it easy now...
Maybe collecting a few paychecks before calling it a day? I would probably do that

Luque needs to retire that was a pathetic showing. Why pull guard yet not use your guard at all? He clearly wanted out.

Who in a million years thought we'd see Luque shy away from striking, pull guard to avoid striking, and end up quitting on the ground from GnP?

Jesus, sad to see.

He had a brain hemorrhage in 2022.

Doubt he should be licensed to fight, and when you see guys who've worn out their millage in the sport they shy away from getting hit. Pretty standard response to brain trauma.

Deleted my post for saying "athletic" guys?

What kinda leftist shite is that

Back