Geordie Rose speaks on aliens, A.I and summoning entities

mcveteran81

Veteran
Banned
Reaction score
Quick easy digestible 6:45 second video.

Founder of D-wave quantum computing and computer(s) and kindred AI

https://www.kindred.ai/

Cosmicism
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmicism

Direct quote starting at the 5:48 marker to 6:04

"This things we are summoning into the world now are not demons, not evil but more like the lovecraftian great old ones, they are entities not necessarily going to be aligned with what we want."

He goes on further to state; "that this is happening in the background while people bicker about politics .....underneath it all is this rising tsunami that if we are not careful is going to wipe us all out."

----------------------

Btw I love how he tells us that while we are fighting about politics (purposefully designed distractions to divide and conquer the American people, which it has already done) that what we actually should be talking about and concerned with is happening without anyone knowing or approving.

If you're reading this and don't have Christ Jesus in you're life...

<{hughesimpress}>

If you are reading about quantum computing and "alien " beings and still have Jesus Christ in your life...

Matthughesshrug.gif

did you start with lovecraft and cosmicism and end with jesus christ?

LfgTvdZ.jpg

I thought the apocalypse was happening this year, OP? Have we avoided it, or is it this month? Should I bother buying any Christmas presents?

If he's not talking about illegal aliens than it belongs in gayberry.

The whole AI thing is a bunch of ignorant doomsaying. Take it from someone who has studied and worked in AI: they are not going to take over the world. Stop letting science fiction movies subvert your common sense.

AI is still in it's infancy and nothing in the current day suggests that it will go anywhere close to actual sentient thinking. With clever programming and massive processing power it might look sentient (like a chat bot can look like a human talking), but there is no framework for making something sentient (or even defining how to get there).

And computation power/storage capacity is reaching it's limits. You can only shrink mechanical parts to a certain point, and transistors are already at ~5nm, which is about the limit for how small they can get.

All these people going out there and talking about how dangerous AI is are simply milking it to get views/followers.

The whole AI thing is a bunch of ignorant doomsaying. Take it from someone who has studied and worked in AI: they are not going to take over the world. Stop letting science fiction movies subvert your common sense.

AI is still in it's infancy and nothing in the current day suggests that it will go anywhere close to actual sentient thinking. With clever programming and massive processing power it might look sentient (like a chat bot can look like a human talking), but there is no framework for making something sentient (or even defining how to get there).

And computation power/storage capacity is reaching it's limits. You can only shrink mechanical parts to a certain point, and transistors are already at ~5nm, which is about the limit for how small they can get.

All these people going out there and talking about how dangerous AI is are simply milking it to get views/followers.

Who do I believe , this dude scheme here who has studied and worked on AI and fellow sherdogger....or some random guy by the name of Elon musk

Who do I believe , this dude scheme here who has studied and worked on AI and fellow sherdogger....or some random guy by the name of Elon musk
Elon Musk never worked on AI as far as I know.

If you don't believe me, go and read up, study AI, learn about it yourself, try to implement something. You'll quickly realize they are built for solving relatively simple problems that require a lot of computational power. Most of the 'learning' in most of AI is actually just the programmer figuring out ways to represent what is a good solution/bad solution, and the AI construct re-adjusting itself to suit that outcome. It's not real learning like human learning (which stems from some intrinsic and hard to define properties of survival, reproduction, etc.)

Elon Musk , Stephen Hawking and many of the greatest minds on the planet disagree

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.van...billion-dollar-crusade-to-stop-ai-space-x/amp

Back