George Foreman regrets fighting Ali

I think it changed him to be a better man in losing to Ali. He came off arrogant and cocky during that time period. But once he lost to Ali it was like an awakening for him. He became this gentle giant. I don't see why he should regret what he became because of that loss.

Not really. He was an asshole to those who couldn't make him money. Larry Holmes couldn't stand the phony. Holmes in old age was more impressive and he really wanted to get a chance to punch Foreman in his pony face.

Not really. He was an asshole to those who couldn't make him money. Larry Holmes couldn't stand the phony. Holmes in old age was more impressive and he really wanted to get a chance to punch Foreman in his pony face.
I think he spoke tersely a lot of the time when the cameras weren't suppossed to catch it but that is just how the older people were, they didn't pussyfoot around as much as the younger people. I remember him saying something like "you know better than that" to Angelo Dundee about something dundee did in the corner, I thought it was disrespectful but at the same time, i grew up around black folks of that generation and older, they didn't play, I miss them to be honest.

When you blast right threw opponents, that gave Ali helll and then Ali just toys with you and takes your power, that you just destroyed the same fighters in their prime that gave Ali tremendous legacy fights and this Man is talking trash and laughing at your punching power and then knocks you out, this would destroy anyone, being a professional and one of the most feared Boxers ever and this isn't like Tyson vs Douglas, it's not even close, this was the biggest upset in boxing history at the time and both had no distractions, both were 100%, unless Ali was starting to get sick, then it's even a more incredible achievement from Ali, but that's another story.

It's just the way it was supposed to happen, Gorge gets humbled and embarrassed and comes back older and wiser and shocks the world, wins the Heavyweights title and becomes even more beloved and sells the hell out of those grills, that they paid him a billion to advertise.

Gorge Foreman story, going from unstoppable, to being humbled, to winning the title, breaking a record and ruling the world in entertainment and being beloved, is a movie and life story, only made up in books.

When you blast right threw opponents, that gave Ali helll and then Ali just toys with you and takes your power, that you just destroyed the same fighters in their prime that gave Ali tremendous legacy fights and this Man is talking trash and laughing at your punching power and then knocks you out, this would destroy anyone, being a professional and one of the most feared Boxers ever and this isn't like Tyson vs Douglas, it's not even close, this was the biggest upset in boxing history at the time and both had no distractions, both were 100%, unless Ali was starting to get sick, then it's even a more incredible achievement from Ali, but that's another story.

It's just the way it was supposed to happen, Gorge gets humbled and embarrassed and comes back older and wiser and shocks the world, wins the Heavyweights title and becomes even more beloved and sells the hell out of those grills, that they paid him a billion to advertise.

Gorge Foreman story, going from unstoppable, to being humbled, to winning the title, breaking a record and ruling the world in entertainment and being beloved, is a movie and life story, only made up in books.
and there you have it folks.

Back