George Groves vs Chris Eubank Jnr - Saturday 17th February

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed this evening - thank you gentlemen, and goodnight.

I really enjoyed this fight. I thought it was pretty fun, Eubank sloppy as hell but showed heart for days. Hell of a chin, too. Groves does not look like much an athlete but he's shown he's a great athlete throughout his career. A lot of hand speed and power to go with it. Can't believe he's only 29, seems like he's been around forever all the way back to beating Degale.

Clear win for Groves, it was ugly at times but I thought it was a great fight to watch. Eubank wouldn't go away despite being hurt several times, I thought Groves knocked him down at least once but the ref did a pretty shitty job calling not only the kd/kd's as slips but just did a shit job overall, imo.

Eubank neglected the body and just kept hitting air, really fucking sloppy, headhunting the whole time. That was a big mistake from him, I think. He did a terrible job at distance as well, his hook started to land later in the fight, Groves countering with that nasty jab and right hand was too much for him, tho.

Groves looked in much better condition than he has previously in his career. Sucks to see him get that shoulder injury, hope he can get back in the ring at full health for the finals.

Other semi next week should be fun as well. I like Callum but this is a big step up for him here. Good tourney with the smw's and the cw's so far. Really good shit.

I enjoyed the fight, Groves was better than ever. Eubank was always in it, but lacked power, also didn't look faster than Groves.

Definitely needs to go back to MW.

I called Groves game plan and he did exactly that, Eubank fights in close and Groves just took that away from him by tying him up.

Also all that loading up from Eubank was because he couldn't box Groves so had to go Holy Mary.

Its a bad result if you can't even box like you usually do, how can you win if your opponent makes it so you can't even box your normal game?

Groves done a number on him and Eubank was too small and too weak to try to push Groves around and upset him into making mistakes, Groves handled him.

It was thoroughly enjoyable to watch.

Eubank wind-milling and posturing, throwing fresh air shots left, right and centre, and generally being made to look a bit silly.

Eubank is too small for that weight, he doesnt have great power at MW

It's not a great weight at the moment, when Groves is a major champion its speaks volumes
Yes, ATM it's not the division that it used to be.
No idea if Eubank Jr. can turn it around, he needs a proper coach and should forget about his ego, he looked like a crude toughman.

Disappointed Jnr wasn't able to live up to the hype, I should have known Groves would be too much (people underrate him because 2xs losing to Froch, but Froch a beast), I like the Eubank legacy though, but maybe the lasting factor is the arrogance of Snr, not the actual potential level.

lol Prince Nazeem must be a Sherdogger

Picked Eubank to win

After the the fight he's a Bum and should retire

Jr is just not as good as his Father and needs to learn how to box

What happens when a fight isnt going his way, he has no trainer...the same thing happened to his Father but his Father had a lot more going for him(he could actually box for a start)

I really liked this fight very entertaining, its weird how such a high level fight looked crazy and sloppy.

The best part of this fight is that my bookie had a "Boost" on the odds for a Groves Decision win, so I got in at 7:1 :)

It's good to win one once in a while.

That's just in poor taste. He already beat him and he's not gunning for a fight with him again. Why kick someone when they're down for no reason other than spite?
because BJS is a classless piece of shit, that's why.

I really liked this fight very entertaining, its weird how such a high level fight looked crazy and sloppy.

That was the whole point.

On the outside Chris was desperate and lunging in because Groves is better from range.
When he tried to rush inside where he has the advantage Groves smothered him and tied him up to take that away from him.

This was a clash of best game plan and each man forcing his game on the other, that's why it was messy, it wasn't two guys boxing toe to toe, it was Groves containing Eubank and Eubank struggling to get in the game.

Groves is tough. It seems like eubank expected him to get hurt from those left hooks, but Groves just ate them and countered. Didn't bite on his feints either.

I wasn't too familiar with GG before, respect.

Back