"Georges is outsized at Middleweight, give him a break."

The Natural Born Runner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Georges has a 4 inch reach advantage on Jacare.

Georges has a 2.5 inch reach advantage on Romero and Whittaker.

Georges has a 4.5 inch reach advantage on Gastelum.

That means that only Rockhold and Weidman have a longer reach than Georges in the whole of the upper tier at Middleweight. Georges does give up some height to those guys also, but is only an inch or so shorter than Whittaker and Romero (and I don't believe that Romero is actually 6'0").

Would Georges be undersized at 185lbs?

Of course he would, I've never denied that and that was a key factor in so many people picking Bisping over him. My issue is around this fallacy that he's a tiny Welterweight and was ever so brave when taking the jump up to Middleweight.

Georges in his own words has spoken of walking around anywhere from 190-200lbs, if we are to believe this then he was only being asked to cut 5-15lbs of his natural walking around weight to be able to compete.

The guy knew that Bisping was the easy target and has decided to take his ball and go home. I'd half understand his argument if Rockhold or Weidman was next in line, they truly should be Light Heavyweights and I would half understand people thinking it's a mismatch. What I cannot accept is having a man who has competed 16 times at Welterweight as your next opponent and you claiming that you cannot make the weight. I also cannot accept the fact that Kelvin Gastelum is one win away from a title shot, which in theory means that Georges could have actually been fighting two Welterweights in his next 2 fights.

No matter how you chop this, Georges royally fucked up here.

You were okay to go up and fight Bisping (former Light Heavyweight), but won't hang around to fight Whittaker or Gastelum (former Welterweights). You have guys like BJ Penn fighting Machida in his prime years up around 200+lbs, but the idea of Weidman is just way too daunting for Georges, right?

Fake belt, was never a champion, let's keep it real.

There's no fake champ abt it lol

Bisping was the lineal champ, GSP beat him

facts

deal w it

He wanted a quick win over a shit champ.

Now he has to face a legit fighter he runs. He will chase one more big pay day then retire for good.

Georges has a 4 inch reach advantage on Jacare.

Georges has a 2.5 inch reach advantage on Romero and Whittaker.

Georges has a 4.5 inch reach advantage on Gastelum.

Georges has too balls less than any of then in the present day

There's no fake champ abt it lol

Bisping was the lineal champ, GSP beat him

facts

deal w it
Throwing words like lineal around doesn't impress me.

If you think there is any argument that Bisping was more of a true champion than Whittaker then you must be insane.

Yeah lets give him another break, not like he has had many...
QueasyPotableHornet-max-1mb.gif

Man the butthurt crybabies have been out in full force. They fought and Bisping lost. It’s over.

GSP and every other fighter can fight whoever they like. If GSP wants to go and fight Woodley then so be it. Don’t like it then don’t watch. If he drops to 170 cause he doesn’t like how he performs at 185 then that’s up to him.

I’ve never seen such a bunch of little pussies cry so much in all my lift.

Throwing words like lineal around doesn't impress me.

If you think there is any argument that Bisping was more of a true champion than Whittaker then you must be insane.

Two-syllable words aren't meant to impress, retard. He beat the man who beat the man. Get over it.

GSP has a longer reach than Fedor and Cormier too.... That doesnt mean he belongs at LHW with them. Since when is reach the universal method of measuring size and mass? Beats me..

871061292.jpg

LOL at Georges royally fucked up.

Yeah, sure he did. Came back, got a nice win and paycheck and LIKE A FUCKING MAN handed the 185 belt back rather than TOTALLY HIJACK a division. So what he didn't want to stay there.

He's earned the right to pick his fucking fights. Its insignificant that you don't like it TS. Its his career and you are over here cucking it.

To be the champ you gotta beat the champ. GSP did!

I find it funny that people are shitting on him for vacating a belt he can't defend over his health. If he had kept the belt and this time next year still had, the same morons would be crying that held the division hostage. You people are crying over something so stupid when we all know you're fan boys of McNugget who will never defend his title because he's a scared little boy. GSP is class and has always been. Get over the fact that he's the GOAT.

So correct me if I am wrong people......

GSP can fight at MW without over eating and hurting himself because of his illness. But he doesn't want to because he thinks he wouldn't be big enough to compete with the top MW's. Right?

I’m glad GSP challenged for the belt, otherwise Bisping would have ducked everyone for another year or two.

At least this way the division gets a reset and we can finally have a legit middleweight title fight.

I find it funny that people are shitting on him for vacating a belt he can't defend over his health.

Are you claiming that he is too ill to fight right now? I haven't seen a shred of evidence to support that.

Georges in his own words has spoken of walking around anywhere from 190-200lbs, if we are to believe this then he was only being asked to cut 5-15lbs of his natural walking around weight to be able to compete.

Dude went through a hard nutrition plan for almost 1 year and still his body denied it and he was 190lbs before the fight, the body refusing to go back up to 200.

He is too small for MW. It's not that he is scared to fight bigger guys, is Conor McGregor scared of fighting Overeem or Stipe? Its not about that. Its about why weight classes exist.

I think GSP is essentially a Welterweight or maybe even could fight at lightweight.

Now he had legit health problems fighting at MW due to how much he ate. He did the right thing vacating and thinking where to fight next. People expect too much.

Back