"Georges is outsized at Middleweight, give him a break."

Huge GSP fan here.

Reach is important.

There was a time when every single champion had a pronounced reach advantage over the rest of their divisions.

It absolutely does not make GSP a MW, but it's important.

There was also a time when manlets reigned supreme.

Igor.

Daniel Cormier.

Gastelum.

Serra.

Edgar.

Aldo.

Cody and TJ.

DJ.

Georges has a 4 inch reach advantage on Jacare.

Georges has a 2.5 inch reach advantage on Romero and Whittaker.

Georges has a 4.5 inch reach advantage on Gastelum.

That means that only Rockhold and Weidman have a longer reach than Georges in the whole of the upper tier at Middleweight. Georges does give up some height to those guys also, but is only an inch or so shorter than Whittaker and Romero (and I don't believe that Romero is actually 6'0").

Would Georges be undersized at 185lbs?

Of course he would, I've never denied that and that was a key factor in so many people picking Bisping over him. My issue is around this fallacy that he's a tiny Welterweight and was ever so brave when taking the jump up to Middleweight.

Georges in his own words has spoken of walking around anywhere from 190-200lbs, if we are to believe this then he was only being asked to cut 5-15lbs of his natural walking around weight to be able to compete.

The guy knew that Bisping was the easy target and has decided to take his ball and go home. I'd half understand his argument if Rockhold or Weidman was next in line, they truly should be Light Heavyweights and I would half understand people thinking it's a mismatch. What I cannot accept is having a man who has competed 16 times at Welterweight as your next opponent and you claiming that you cannot make the weight. I also cannot accept the fact that Kelvin Gastelum is one win away from a title shot, which in theory means that Georges could have actually been fighting two Welterweights in his next 2 fights.

No matter how you chop this, Georges royally fucked up here.

You were okay to go up and fight Bisping (former Light Heavyweight), but won't hang around to fight Whittaker or Gastelum (former Welterweights). You have guys like BJ Penn fighting Machida in his prime years up around 200+lbs, but the idea of Weidman is just way too daunting for Georges, right?

Fake belt, was never a champion, let's keep it real.
Who is your title quoting?

He was the main one who threw it out of order.

What are you talking about?

Blaming anyone but the UFC is idiotic. They control matchmaking. And they fucked up the order before GSP came knocking with Hendo/Bisping 2.

Georges has a 4 inch reach advantage on Jacare.

Georges has a 2.5 inch reach advantage on Romero and Whittaker.

Georges has a 4.5 inch reach advantage on Gastelum.

That means that only Rockhold and Weidman have a longer reach than Georges in the whole of the upper tier at Middleweight. Georges does give up some height to those guys also, but is only an inch or so shorter than Whittaker and Romero (and I don't believe that Romero is actually 6'0").

Would Georges be undersized at 185lbs?

Of course he would, I've never denied that and that was a key factor in so many people picking Bisping over him. My issue is around this fallacy that he's a tiny Welterweight and was ever so brave when taking the jump up to Middleweight.

Georges in his own words has spoken of walking around anywhere from 190-200lbs, if we are to believe this then he was only being asked to cut 5-15lbs of his natural walking around weight to be able to compete.

The guy knew that Bisping was the easy target and has decided to take his ball and go home. I'd half understand his argument if Rockhold or Weidman was next in line, they truly should be Light Heavyweights and I would half understand people thinking it's a mismatch. What I cannot accept is having a man who has competed 16 times at Welterweight as your next opponent and you claiming that you cannot make the weight. I also cannot accept the fact that Kelvin Gastelum is one win away from a title shot, which in theory means that Georges could have actually been fighting two Welterweights in his next 2 fights.

No matter how you chop this, Georges royally fucked up here.

You were okay to go up and fight Bisping (former Light Heavyweight), but won't hang around to fight Whittaker or Gastelum (former Welterweights). You have guys like BJ Penn fighting Machida in his prime years up around 200+lbs, but the idea of Weidman is just way too daunting for Georges, right?

Fake belt, was never a champion, let's keep it real.

GSP was 191 pounds in the cage against Bisping. Fuck off.

What are you talking about?

Blaming anyone but the UFC is idiotic. They control matchmaking. And they fucked up the order before GSP came knocking with Hendo/Bisping 2.

Bisbing vs Hendo was a fun fight we wanted to see. When gsp got involved, it threw everything out of wack. If you can't admit that, then you're delusional.

Oh you're one of them.

Yes, I'm one of the people that thinks championship is a lineage. A point of merrit proven by beating the champion.

You don't get to beat 2 top 5 guys (neither of whom were ever world champion level completion) and say "eh, close enough, that equals a champ" just because the promoter is letting the true champ fuck around for a year.

If Bisping were stripped, I'd still find Whittaker's championship merrits dubious. With the actual belt vacated, I think a win over a former legit champ like Rockhold would solidify that credential in a meaningful way.

LOL at Georges royally fucked up.

Yeah, sure he did. Came back, got a nice win and paycheck and LIKE A FUCKING MAN handed the 185 belt back rather than TOTALLY HIJACK a division. So what he didn't want to stay there.

He's earned the right to pick his fucking fights. Its insignificant that you don't like it TS. Its his career and you are over here cucking it.
This
Fuck all gsp haters

What proof do you have that he's lying?
You're going to call the classiest fighter of all time a liar? What is wrong with you. Go back to WWE

WWE? How does that insult even makes sense? You seem like the WWE type of fanboy judging from your gsp nuthugging and thinking he can do no wrong.

Yet has Colitis right?

Lol.

Yes makes sense. He was 198.6 during his cut, as seen on a scale and couldn’t get weight back.

He was up over 205 at one point and was dropping it like crazy eating his ass off (Litterely) trying to stop loosing the weight he had packed on.

Bisbing vs Hendo was a fun fight we wanted to see. When gsp got involved, it threw everything out of wack. If you can't admit that, then you're delusional.

LOL.

More like you're delusional. Sherdog was in open protest of that fight. Everyone thought it was bullshit.

Blaming anyone but the UFC for any of this is idiotic. I know it's hard for a noob like you to understand, but bullshit matchmaking always points back to the UFC. Hendo/ GSP vs Bisping and the rest of it. Blame the UFC, they make the contracts.

Not ton mention, GSP vs Bisping sold way better than Hendo vs Bisping. Which means GSP vs Bisping was the "fun fight" we wanted to see. The facts don't even support you're shitty opinion.

Run along noob.

Last edited:
So if Whitaker called him out he would of came out of retirement to fight him? Fuck off.
Bisping called him out when we all already knew that GSP was about to come out of retirement you dummy, your key for if doesn't apply.
It's ok, you don't like Bisping, but think first before spitting dumb ass shit...

Lol so many holes in your "argument".

It was safe to stop at "decided to take his ball and go home". Lolwhut? Dudes legit sick and is in danger of never fighting again and you play that card lol.

Wise-up son.

Back