Soul Calibur VI - Setsuka revealed as next DLC character

Will hold off on making an opinion until I see what Ivy's outfit is this time around.

LOVED SC2 back in the day, Maxi/Nightmare/Mitsurugi/Ivy/Kilik/Raphael/Taki were all a lot of fun to play with. Would also be cool to see if this one had version exclusive characters again.

Soul Callibur II HD on PS3 is a must buy if you still have that console. Still available on PSN but who knows for how much longer. I'd go buy that and Tekken 5DR if you are a fighting game fan.

If you have a good PC you can use Dolphin to emulate SCII from Game Cube at 4K widescreen it looks amazing.

SCII was much faster than the following releases. I think that is why the gameplay was much better.

I've been a fan since Soul Edge on the PSX.

If this is at 60 FPS, I may have to check this out.

Never played a SC game before.

I would be excited but the last couple of soul Calibre games have been terrible.

The only one I played was the one with Yoda and Vader. I thought it was cool but didn’t really understand the mechanics of the game at the time. I’ll wait for reviews, but I love weapons 1v1 battles.

I would be excited but the last couple of soul Calibre games have been terrible.
While they certainly didn't live up to the standard that SCII set, I really don't think they were terrible at all. SC5 is actually pretty solid. There were some issues in the mechanics but those really only affected people at the highest level of competition like damage increase from combos landed after an 8-way movement counter.

I played a lot of SCIII it had some of the best single player content of the series.

I never owned SCIV but played it at friends it's probably the weakest offering. Still, not a terrible game.

I wouldn't say terrible, but having to need meter to use Guard Impact in SCV? Getting counter-hit while moving? That was some silly shit. People hated SCV for good reasons.

Haven't played since SCII though I did play the one with Vader/Yoda a lil bit. Hope they bring back Cervantes.

Guys if you haven't noticed yet by the youthful appearance of Mitsurugi and Sophitia, this isn't a follow up to SCV it's going back in time to around SCI. All of the classic characters should be there and I would imagine some new ones and console specific guest characters.

The speed looks good like SCII but unfortunately counter on 8-way from SCV is back. Hopefully they change that by release as it forces you to stay in front of your opponent to not risk being countered while moving.

Just something about a good weapon based fighter. All the characters have such different fighting styles, compared to say the newest Tekken. Hardcore fans love it more, but many characters play far too similar for me. Though since I'm no great player at these games, the opinion doesnt mean much to many fans.

Agreed my friend had it for gamecube I think it was and he had it setup in his tree house. We would get high and take vicodin and play this for hours and hours. Such a fun and amazing game. Different from most fighting games as well.

Not sure if I'll get this or not since the # of people I game with now IRL is basically 0 and the ones I do don't play fighting games. If anything I'll wait till it's really cheap and that way it wont be a waste.

Yep. Though 4 was a bit lesser than the others.
I thought 4 was supposed to be great. I had friends who were totally obsessed with it and played in cash-prize tournaments. I enjoyed it, but only played a dozen times or so with friends as I haven't had a console since PS2.

giphy.gif

That's dope. I bought Witcher 3 but still haven't played it. I also saw him rumored around last or was he actually leaked early?

Just something about a good weapon based fighter. All the characters have such different fighting styles, compared to say the newest Tekken. Hardcore fans love it more, but many characters play far too similar for me. Though since I'm no great player at these games, the opinion doesnt mean much to many fans.
I have a similar reaction in that I think Soul Calibur feels a bit more like a 2D fighter where the characters all have more distinct normals than in a game like Tekken. It's one reason I'll pick this up even though I passed on Tekken 7.

I’ve only played 2. I’ll probably get this one because of Geralt though. Smart move! Surprised to see him in a Japanese game though. I kind of assume that most Japanese gamers never heard of the Witcher.

Back