Soul Calibur VI - Setsuka revealed as next DLC character

Geralt seems a bit strange in this world but I'm in. I love The Witcher.

Soul Blade is still the best one.
C'mon man, I've got a lot of nostalgia for that game but absolutely No.

Soul Calibur II is the GOAT. I'm hoping this new one eclipses it however.

Soul Callibur II HD on PS3 is a must buy if you still have that console. Still available on PSN but who knows for how much longer. I'd go buy that and Tekken 5DR if you are a fighting game fan.

If you have a good PC you can use Dolphin to emulate SCII from Game Cube at 4K widescreen it looks amazing.

SCII was much faster than the following releases. I think that is why the gameplay was much better.

I've been a fan since Soul Edge on the PSX.

There's also much less convolution in the move sets in SC 2. Really hoping they tone that back a bit for VI.

Geralt seems a bit strange in this world but I'm in. I love The Witcher.

C'mon man, I've got a lot of nostalgia for that game but absolutely No.

Soul Calibur II is the GOAT. I'm hoping this new one eclipses it however.

Sorry, the story mode was awesome.

Sorry, the story mode was awesome.
It absolutely was. I played the shit out of that game. It was revolutionary. Before Soul Blade the only other game like it was Battle Arena Toshinden which I wanted to like but in reality was garbage.

This still gets me hype:

Last edited:
I haven't played soul calibur much since the first one on dreamcast played the shit out of that one.

It absolutely was. I played the shit out of that game. It was revolutionary. Before Soul Blade the only other game like it was Battle Arena Toshinden which I wanted to like but in reality was garbage.

This still gets me hype:

There was sort of. WeaponLord served as a basis for the Soul series. It was ahead of it's time, but on the wrong consoles (16-bit). It had parrying, deflects, weapon breaks, clashes, guard breaks and probably more.

It was published by Namco, but developed by Visual Concepts.

Fuck I haven't played the series since whatever came out last on the OG Xbox. Still have the first on Dreamcast.

Pretty awesome how emulators can bring older games back to life. Check out how nice I have the PSX system running on my computer:

359gtcj.jpg

With Japanese Elvis Maxi revealed today we will have at least 13 characters already revealed heading into E3. How many do you think will be revealed there? I'm hoping we finally get to see my homegirl Talim confirmed
<Oku03>

Haven't played since SCII though I did play the one with Vader/Yoda a lil bit. Hope they bring back Cervantes.
Cervantes was badass and overpowered, SC2 and the original one (i played on Dreamcast) were great games.

Actually, I taught my father how to play, and I let him win for a long time. Until he got so good, I actually couldn't defeat him. That's possibly the only have I've played with my dad.

Edit, I loved to play with friends in the smallest iced platform with unlimited life, so the only way to win was to throw the opponent off the arena

Cervantes was badass and overpowered, SC2 and the original one (i played on Dreamcast) were great games.

Actually, I taught my father how to play, and I let him win for a long time. Until he got so good, I actually couldn't defeat him. That's possibly the only have I've played with my dad.

Edit, I loved to play with friends in the smallest iced platform with unlimited life, so the only way to win was to throw the opponent off the arena

My friends couldn't play the game for shit so I would cheese them with Cervantes all the time

Good times

Shit, I really hope that isn't it for SoulCalibur at E3. I really like seeing the new gameplay, but some real news would be welcome right now.

Not even a full roster announced and their already hitting us with a DLC? Not a fan of that...

Still gonna buy the season pass tho...

Not even a full roster announced and their already hitting us with a DLC? Not a fan of that...

Still gonna buy the season pass tho...

At least with Eliza you didn't have to preorder the Season Pass. Same goes for Goro and Darkseid.

Hopefully, the game isn't too dumbed down like other fighting games today though I remember reading about them trying to eliminate complex inputs even though SC never had that many.

Last edited:
Hopefully, the game isn't too dumbed down like other fighting games today though I remember reading about them trying to eliminate complex inputs even though SC never had that many.
Based on what I saw at EVO and breakdowns from Aris, I wouldn't be too concerned. The gameplay looks to be a step in the right direction. I'm pumped. Oct 19 can't come soon enough.

How about making your game before the DLC, huh?

Based on what I saw at EVO and breakdowns from Aris, I wouldn't be too concerned. The gameplay looks to be a step in the right direction. I'm pumped. Oct 19 can't come soon enough.

It looks like Ivy's Summon Suffering has the same input which is good. Not sure about her Calamity Symphony.

SOUL-CAL Ring Out tournament going down live right now:

Back