International Germany's Multicultural Experiment: 45% of Migrants Failed German Integration Courses

Europe's experiment with "Multiculturalism" rather than adopting North America's "Melting Pot" is...

• Total voters
Or a black guy who shits on the country that took him and his family in. Gave them every opportunity only to have that black guy talking shit about that country.
Maybe he should fuck of back to Somalia or where ever. I'm sure that is a much better place

If you have a problem with Scandinavia why don't you go back to fuckistan where you came from
Wtf, man?

He has a Swedish mother and father was an immigrant. Why shouldn't he speak up about the state of the country he was born in? I'm a 1st gen Canadian and speak out against Trudeau. Doesn't mean I'm not a patriotic Canadian, it means I care about what's going on in my home. Same as Jamin. His posts seem to come out of concern, not hate. I think you're offside here.

Wtf, man?

He has a Swedish mother and father was an immigrant. Why shouldn't he speak up about the state of the country he was born in? I'm a 1st gen Canadian and speak out against Trudeau. Doesn't mean I'm not a patriotic Canadian, it means I care about what's going on in my home. Same as Jamin. His posts seem to come out of concern, not hate. I think you're offside here.
His posts mainly shit on Sweden. So why doesn't he fuck of and leave Sweden?

Dgwn5yhXUAEBj7F.jpg
Oh, how the mighty have fallen!

Surprised by the poll results so far considering the warroom liberals take on immigration.

E.U. Reaches Deal on Migration at Summit, but Details Sketchy
By Steven Erlanger and Katrin Bennhold | June 28, 2018

merlin_140411979_82c53bd9-4994-49df-9738-7c4ab6af77ce-superJumbo.jpg

BRUSSELS — European Union leaders, after marathon talks overnight, announced early Friday that they had reached a compromise deal on migration, an issue that has created a political crisis and threatens to undermine the bloc.

As Italy’s new populist government threatened to block progress on other, uncontroversial issues until the migration text was addressed to its satisfaction, European leaders thrashed out the topic for nine hours before finally reaching an agreement around 5 a.m.

While details were sketchy, the leaders agreed in principle, at least, on how to shore up their external borders and create screening centers for migrants, to decide more quickly whether or not they are legitimate refugees.

“We still have a lot of work to do to bridge the different views,” Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany said after the discussions, which a senior European official described as sometimes virulent.

The leaders agreed to establish voluntary screening centers on European soil, to ease the burden on countries like Italy, Spain and Greece where migrants first arrive and are registered. They also agreed to study setting up similar centers outside Europe, in North Africa, for example, to screen migrants before they arrive.

Ms. Merkel had even more at stake than the Italians, under pressure from within her own government to solve the problem of migrants coming into Germany after having registered in other countries. The Italian concern has been to stop migrants from coming to Europe in the first place.

Inside Europe, the proposed centers would house migrants until they are screened, with the idea of deciding their fate more efficiently and sending back those who do not qualify as refugees. But no country has so far volunteered to host such a center.

Outside Europe, centers would be designed to reduce the number of migrants who risk the sea voyage to the Continent and to disrupt the black economy of people-smuggling. Those rescued at sea could be returned to those centers for screening, not brought to Europe. But again, it was not clear which African countries might agree to house such platforms, or whether they would be compatible with international law.

Addressing the concerns in Germany about registered migrants moving within Europe to try to settle there, the European leaders simply promised to “take all necessary internal legislative and administrative measures to counter such movements.” The intent is to prevent the setting up of internal borders within the Schengen free-travel area, which could destroy the principle of borderless movement of people and goods.

Whether that would be enough to satisfy Ms. Merkel’s critics at home remained to be seen.

France was instrumental in trying to broker the agreement with Italy, which said it would block all agreements reached at this summit meeting until its concerns about migration were addressed. Early Friday, Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte said that “today Italy is no longer alone. We are satisfied.”

One potential hurdle for the deal is the fact that the European Union has no uniform rules or procedures for asylum, making it unclear what rules would be applied in a screening center, whether inside or outside Europe. But setting up any such center would be a significant change from the current system, under which migrants must be screened in the European country where they first arrive and are registered.

Before arriving in Brussels, Ms. Merkel warned that the issue of migration could make or break the European Union, delivering a passionate address to her Parliament.

“Europe faces many challenges,” said Ms. Merkel. “But that of migration could become one that determines the fate of the European Union.”

The summit meeting was originally supposed to focus on changes to solidify the euro and on Britain’s exit from the bloc. It swerved instead to migration, which has become politically fraught with the rise of populist, anti-immigrant parties — even as the number of migrants coming to Europe has fallen sharply.

The new Italian government played hardball on Thursday, with Mr. Conte refusing to agree to joint conclusions on issues like digital innovation or defense cooperation until migration was dealt with.

Italy has insisted on changing the regulations that govern migration into the European Union, saying that as a country of first landing, it has had enough. Italy has started to turn away ships that rescue migrants from the sea.

At the same time, Ms. Merkel faces an internal rebellion by Bavarian conservatives over immigration that threatens to bring down her government. Her Bavarian interior minister has warned that he will disobey her and establish a hard border with Austria unless she strikes a deal with European leaders to stem the flow of migrants into Germany.

That standoff reflects the fraught politics of migration, with Bavarian conservatives facing a strong challenge from the far-right, anti-immigration party Alternative for Germany in state elections in October.

So Ms. Merkel came to Brussels to reach the kind of accord on limiting migration that has slipped the grasp of European Union leaders for years.

If she failed to reach an agreement that would allow her to turn back certain groups of migrants at the German border, the Bavarians could quit her government, a move that would most likely put her out of a job after almost 13 years as German leader and usher in months of uncertainty in the European Union’s most influential country.

In front of a rowdy Parliament on Thursday, she essentially conflated her own fate with that of the union. Either Europe masters this challenge of migration, she said, and proves to other countries that “we are guided by values and that we rely on multilateralism, and not unilateralism,” or “no one will believe any more in our value system that made us so strong.”

The president of the European Council, Donald Tusk, said before the summit meeting that the leaders should “focus on the E.U.’s external borders,” including screening centers, since the flow of migrants had slowed. Since 2015, Mr. Tusk said, “we have managed to stem the migration flow by 96 percent only because we decided to cooperate with third countries and to block illegal migration outside the E.U.”

The alternative, he said, “would be a chaotically advancing closure of borders — also within the E.U. — as well as growing conflict among E.U. member states.”

But given the tough stance on migration being taken by countries like Italy, Austria and Hungary, Mr. Tusk suggested, Europe needed to act. “Some may think I am too tough in my proposals on migration, but trust me,” he said. “If we don’t agree on them then you will see some really tough proposals from some really tough guys.”

Ms. Merkel agreed, rejecting the idea of unilaterally turning back migrants at the border. Such a move would have ripple effects far beyond Germany, she warned, endangering the European project of border-free travel.

Ms. Merkel’s pro-European stance and her decision to open Germany’s borders to more than 1.4 million migrants since 2015 have earned her a reputation as a defender of liberal values, while also making her the main target of far-right and populist forces across the Continent.

Her address in Parliament on Thursday was unusually combative, and it was frequently interrupted by heckling from representatives of Alternative for Germany. The noise level was so high at one point that Ms. Merkel stopped and said: “My God. Really?”

In Brussels, the Hungarian prime minister, Victor Orban, was characteristically harsh.

“I think the people really request two things: First is, no more migrants in,” he said. The second, he said, would be the deportation of those who are already in Europe but do not qualify as refugees.

“So that’s what the people want,” Mr. Orban said. “So I think in order to restore the European democracy, we have to move to that direction.”

But there were words of support for Ms. Merkel from other leaders, including those of Spain and Luxembourg, whose prime minister, Xavier Bettel, said: “If we have countries saying this and that is a red line, we will never get an agreement. Legal immigration has to be the rule.”

“There are so many people who arrived in different countries and then made their way to Germany,” Mr. Bettel continued. “I understand Germany says, ‘Why do we have to deal with everything?’”

Charles Michel, the prime minister of Belgium, said that the discussion was a “very important moment” for Europe.

“Do we or do we not want to protect the Schengen zone by finding solutions together in a European context to manage the refugees and migrants?” he asked, referring to the system that allows passport-free travel through much of Europe.

Angela Merkel along with EU leaders are a joke they'll never stop their ideology of mass migration. At beast they want to find a way to bring in more people just without them crossing over in a dangerous trip.

She attacks countries like Turkey for their lack of freedom but Europe in general is the most anti-free place when it comes to certain issues.

In Germany you cannot even talk about the mass crimes committed against Germans because it is considered Nazi sympathy. I'm talking largely about the mass rapes, murders, deportations throughout Europe of Germans.

It currently looks like Merkel is going to survive. Probably for the best right now.
Still, think she should have lost the chancellory over the migration issue.
But there is really no one else that could replace her right now that could handle it better from this point. As long as she doesn't run again that is fine with me.

It currently looks like Merkel is going to survive. Probably for the best right now.
Still, think she should have lost the chancellory over the migration issue.
But there is really no one else that could replace her right now that could handle it better from this point. As long as she doesn't run again that is fine with me.

bit worried germans might vote in nazis so its best she doesnt run again ?

remember how i said bavaria will be the first to go.....

bit worried germans might vote in nazis so its best she doesnt run again ?

Why would I be worried about the Nazis? They have never done anything wrong.
I am just worried that the Nazi candidate might lose against Merkel.

German interior minister presents his migration master plan
By Ben Knight | July 10, 2018

44597116_303.jpg

Interior Minister Horst Seehofer finally got to present his migration "master plan" to the press on Tuesday, a month after it was blocked at the last minute by Chancellor Angela Merkel, precipitating a crisis in the German government that almost cost them both their jobs.

Seehofer pointed out that the delayed release of his plans came on his 69th birthday, noting that this coincided with the deportation of 69 people to Afghanistan from Germany, quipping, "That was not on my order."

But the press conference in the Interior Ministry did little to assuage the government crisis, as he presented a document that did not include the 11th-hour compromises made by the government last week, which averted his resignation.

Instead, Seehofer, who is also head of the Christian Social Union (CSU), the Bavarian sister party to Merkel's Christian Democratic Union (CDU), emphasized that "this isn't a master plan of the coalition, but a master plan of this house."

The document published on Tuesday, he said, had been finalized on July 4, which meant that it did not include the amendments made by the coalition's junior partner, the Social Democratic Party (SPD). He admitted that it was not yet clear which measures contained in the plan the center-left party would agree to.

An old new plan

Perhaps most provocatively, Seehofer's plan still contained the term "transit centers," which has already been ditched by the government because of an SPD veto. Nevertheless, the interior minister refused to admit this was a provocation – at least not in so many words. "It is not a provocation, but if you like you could also see it that way," he told the Bild newspaper elliptically.

Seehofer's long-awaited master plan, now effectively published after it has gone out of date, included so-called transit centers situated at the German-Austrian border, in which asylum-seekers would be held if another country was found to be responsible for their applications.

Instead, the German government, apparently worried by the prospect of keeping asylum-seekers in what might look like concentration camps, agreed last week to an SPD alteration: fast-tracked transit procedures in existing border police stations, which would ensure that asylum seekers are returned to other countries within 48 hours.

This will require bilateral agreements with other European Union countries, especially Austria, Italy, and Greece. Seehofer said that one such an agreement had already been made with Austria.

Other measures in the master plan (most of which are backed by Merkel) include:

- Tougher sanctions against asylum-seekers, especially those who return to their countries of origin while their cases are still being decided, as well as those who do not attend integration courses.

- More "anchor centers": Seehofer has long since called for these "one-stop" centers, where asylum-seekers will be registered, have their cases considered, and be deported from all as quickly as possible. However, these would have to be administered at state level, and Germany's state governments have been reluctant to implement the plans so far.

- More EU border protection: Apart from reinforcing the EU's border security force FRONTEX, as agreed at a Brussels summit at the end of June, Seehofer also wants to install "disembarkation platforms" in North Africa. The problem here is that no North African country has yet agreed to allow such a platform to be built. Merkel and Seehofer are both hoping that agreements similar to the one struck with Turkey two years ago can be reached.

The circus continues

Seehofer's decision drew irritation from his Social Democrat coalition partners, whose deputy chairman Ralf Stegner told the DPA news agency, "The SPD has no interest at all in another performance in the CSU summer theater. Our common master plan is and remains the coalition contract – and Mr. Seehofer has enough to work on there."

The interior minister's plan was also criticized by the United Nations refugee agency, the UNHCR, whose German representative Dominik Bartsch released a statement on Tuesday afternoon criticizing the "worrying basic tone" of Seehofer's plan.

"The plan concentrates only on toughening the administration in procedural questions and neglects the most important thing: the people," he said. "The decisive question has to be how refugees can be effectively protected, not how they can be processed as fast as possible and then push the responsibility for them onto others."

The far-right Alternative for Germany (AfD) party also showed nothing but contempt for Seehofer's plan on Tuesday, with leader Alice Weidel condemning what she called "coalition ping-pong" that had led to a series of measures that did not amount to a real sea-change in Germany's migration policy.

https://www.dw.com/en/german-interior-minister-presents-his-migration-master-plan/a-44601059

Can we change from "MASTER PLAN" to "FINAL SOLUTION". It is much more German.

Germans upbeat about immigration, study finds
Sept 17, 2018​

Despite gloomy headlines about the asylum policy debate, a majority view life with their immigrant and non-immigrant neighbors positively. The study still noted an East-West split, as well as a divide on headscarves.

People living in Germany continue to view the country's multicultural society positively, according to a new study published by the Expert Council of German Foundations on Integration and Migration (SVR).

The "Integration Barometer 2018" is the first representative study on the matter to come out since the start of the so-called refugee crisis in 2015, which saw hundreds of thousands of people escaping war and poverty in their home countries enter Europe.

Despite refugees and immigration policy dominating the news and politician's speaking points in Germany, the study found that most people still think that life with their immigrant or non-immigrant neighbors is going well.

Main takeaways

• Some 63.8 percent of local Germans — people described as not having an immigrant background — view the integration situation positively, down marginally from the 65.4 percent logged in 2015. Residents with immigrant backgrounds viewed the integration situation even more positively, rating it at 68.9 percent.
  • The study found a particular divide between the eastern and western states, with 66 percent of western Germans satisfied with the status of immigration, while eastern Germans rated it at 55 percent.
  • The study found that areas where fewer migrants live, such as in the eastern German states, there are more reservations about immigration and integration.
  • Men viewed the status of integration in Germany more negatively than women.

Solution to tensions in education

Researchers noted that skepticism about immigrants can be overcome by having more "personal encounters."

"The everyday experiences are significantly better than what the [media] discourse would suggest," researchers wrote in the study.

Germany's integration commissioner, Annette Widmann-Mauz, said the study's results were "a good sign" and that it's important to support schools and other places where people have more opportunities to come into contact with their neighbors. She noted that the attitudes about integration are most positive "wherever there are direct contacts in the neighborhoods, among friends or at work."

Majority want to help refugees

Attitudes towards refugees were largely positive from both people with and without immigrant backgrounds in Germany. Around 60 percent of local Germans support continuing to take in refugees, also if Germany were the only country accepting asylum-seekers in the European Union. However, a majority of them also want to curb refugee arrivals.

Split on headscarf bans

Around 80 percent of Muslims questioned in the study supported women and girls being allowed to wear headscarves to school. Only 41 percent of Christians, on the other hand, thought that headscarves should be allowed in schools. Local Germans were more open to allowing headscarves in public authorities, with 52 percent backing the idea.

Muslim women living in Germany were specifically asked in the SVR study about their opinions on headscarf bans. Out of the 29 percent of women who said they wear a head covering, a majority backed measures for them to be allowed at school and public authorities. Around 66 percent of Muslim women who don't wear head coverings said they should be allowed.

https://www.dw.com/en/germans-upbeat-about-immigration-study-finds/a-45519655

Last edited:
Cologne takes a stand against deportation

DnO4qXaUwAA0sZY.jpg

Some 12,000 people took to the streets in Cologne, Dortmund and Gelsenkirchen on Sunday to demand the German government cease deportations to countries like Iraq and Afghanistan.

Opponents of the policy say both nations are too dangerous for individuals to be deported to, and that they should be allowed to stay in Germany instead.

Cologne's conservative mayor Henriette Reker, who was famously stabbed by an anti-immigration extremist, was among those who took part in the "Cologne takes a stand!" demonstration.

The marchers also wanted to protest racism and xenophobia in the wake of right-wing violence in the eastern city of Chemnitz earlier in September.

Their signs bore slogans such as "sea rescues are a duty," and "nationalism is a mistake."

The decision by the German government to declare parts of conflict-ridden nations like Aghanistan "safe countries of origin," has proven extremely controversial. This was most recently highlighted by the case of an Afghan man committing suicide upon return to Kabul, one day after conservative Interior Minister Horst Seehofer bragged about having carried out 69 deportations in time for his 69th birthday.

Germans also often protest at airports ahead of deportations being carried out.

"Cologne takes a stand!" was less of a tense political standoff, and more the air of a community festival, in keeping with the peaceful message of the demonstration.

https://www.dw.com/en/cologne-takes-a-stand-against-deportation/a-45511596

Last edited:
Back