Gettin back at it

Silver tongue samurai

Ronin
@Blue
Reaction score
Sup my dudes, been around a month or so since i did any "real" training(pads, partner drills, sparring, hitting ANYTHING). Reason being i had a severe sprain of the meniscus (was told to relax a week or two did double that)

Iv been able to slowly start shadowboxing (shadow muay thai) again and have been doing regular strength building exercises for my leg as well as continuing with my stretching routine (Same as Bas if anyone is interested in it lemme know)

My leg feels good and im ready to start slowly working my way back to where i was. I was mainly going to focus on getting reflexes and the smooth kinetic chain with things like double end bag and slib bags just to get back into the rhythm of it.

Do you guys have any suggestions with hopping back into MA training after a leg injury? (Aside from taking it slow which i plan to do and hold off on sparring for a lil longer as well)

I plan to just bang as soon as i can

I'm sure you did plenty of "partner drills" down in the Caribbean ;)

Sup my dudes, been around a month or so since i did any "real" training(pads, partner drills, sparring, hitting ANYTHING). Reason being i had a severe sprain of the meniscus (was told to relax a week or two did double that)

Iv been able to slowly start shadowboxing (shadow muay thai) again and have been doing regular strength building exercises for my leg as well as continuing with my stretching routine (Same as Bas if anyone is interested in it lemme know)

My leg feels good and im ready to start slowly working my way back to where i was. I was mainly going to focus on getting reflexes and the smooth kinetic chain with things like double end bag and slib bags just to get back into the rhythm of it.

Do you guys have any suggestions with hopping back into MA training after a leg injury? (Aside from taking it slow which i plan to do and hold off on sparring for a lil longer as well)

I plan to just bang as soon as i can
Supplements?

I have a knee issue and I'm taking Animal Flex to rebuild the cartilage. Even found an old thread to resurrect:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/my-animal-flex-review.890243/#post-139012977

Sup dude.

Couple years ago I broke the lower half of my leg in a motorcycle accident. The break wasn't too bad but my leg has been stiff and sore since, could hardly run.

Started getting into boxing summer of last year, and it was a slow process to get up to speed, literally.

Proper warm up is key. Can't stress that enough. Then ease into it.

When I started BJJ, outside of BJJ classes, Mounted triangles and not being able to pass closed guard were my specialities

<Gordonhat>

Back