Getting a PSVR. Any game recommendation?

ripsta619

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm buying the Skyrim bundle. Any must buys out there?

Resident Evil 7.

That's the only game on VR I'd love to play.

I wanted one so bad and finally got one 2 months ago. I have only played it one time.

I was a little disappointed by the graphics and it is a pain to hook up (not hard just inconvenient)

Resident Evil 7.

That's the only game on VR I'd love to play.

+1
I saw a review that said it was very well done and a blast to play in VR mode.
Picked up the gold edition and it is intense. Played some Skyrim and the games on the demo disc and Resident Evil is the most immersive imo. Haven't even fought anything yet but it got me paranoid as hell lol.

Another vote for Re7

Def RE7. Skyrim is the best VR game out there IMO (not sure how it it is on PSVR), so I'm glad you have that.

I have an oculus so RE7 isn't available on PC in VR, but here are some games I love that are also on PSVR.

Space Pirate Trainer. This game is fuckin incredible. Make it your first one, as it's easy to pick up and mind blowing for a first try. Great to show friends too. People who slam VR haven't played this, otherwise they'd have a new appreciation for it. You are basically the ship in Galaga. It feels like an 80's sci-fi movie come to life.

SuperHot. This is the closest thing to the Matrix you can experience, so damn cool nand challenging

Arizona Sunshine. I really enjoyed the hell out of this game, totally feels like you're in the walking dead.

Beat Saber. Another easy to pick up game, and great for friends. It's so damn fun and also a good challenge

For PSVR exclusives. Wipeout VR. This is the best racing game (PRoject Cars 2 a close second) in VR IMO, and I've tried most of them. It looks and plays incredible and has tons of options for comfort. I almost bought a PSVR for it.

I heard Farpoint is good too, but I haven't tried it.

Last edited:
I vaguely remember seeing something about a flight sim coming soon.

i was thinking of getting arizona sunshine since i loved (they suck now) the walking dead, do you recommend getting the rifle thingy to play that or will the controller do?

I bought one recently and I'm probably going to get rid of it. I love the idea of VR but it just doesn't feel like it's there yet. It feels like we are at about a PS2 level.

The graphics OK but the resolution is what really kills it. It's an interesting experience and it really does feel like you are in the game but it just feels like too much of a gimmick. When I play a game, I just want to sit back, hold a controller and relax. Wearing VR headset makes it feel like a chore.

I've played a lot of different VR games an while all of them have been fairly interesting, none have grabbed me to the point where it felt like I wanted more.

I'll revisit VR one day if we get to the point of 4k resolution and a wireless headset that's maybe the size of skiing googles. If we get to that point, I think it'll be a game changer and it'll then be easy to get lost. Until then, it's just not ready for prime time.

This looks good if you're into flight sims. It's an arcade flight sim but it looks like fun.
@GhostZ06 probably has more info on it though. :)

This looks good if you're into flight sims. It's an arcade flight sim but it looks like fun.

@fdswer is a bit more versed pops. all i know is theyre pretty bad ass, still not exactly where i want it to be for me to get one.

VR does not have the resolution yet for flight sims, it's cool to fly around but anything else becomes a pain.

RE7 in VR is fucking amazing. One of the best game experiences I've ever had.

Wipeout Omega Collection is a must have. Until Dawn Rush of Blood is really fun but short, totally worth it if you can find a good price for it. I think I got it on PS Plus for free a while back. That's all I've played so far.

I wanted one so bad and finally got one 2 months ago. I have only played it one time.

I was a little disappointed by the graphics and it is a pain to hook up (not hard just inconvenient)
Hahah this is exactly why I haven't bought one. Unless I was totally gripped, I know I probably couldn't be bothered to set it up after the novelty wore off

How the fuck has noone mentioned firewall zero hour? I used to do this shit for a living and its fun...like playing paintball but in your living room.

firewall-zero-hour-hotel-gameplay-1000x560-nup0so0x2d7rvm1o87pyg8fyksy2pfmt0bx70g8lpc.jpg

Astro Bot is great! Days are pretty short over here at the moment, so 30 minutes of this every night is like a having a mini vacation in the sun.

Windlands is maybe the most fun and immersive VR game so far, because it’s so fast moving and has really surprisingly good vertigo and g-force effects. Even with very simple Nintendo style graphics it really does stunning job at fooling your brain and makes you feel like you’re actually jumping around like Spider-Man at incredible heights.

Persistence was damn scary at first and has some nice roguelike mechanics for a space survival horror game.

Darknet is a good puzzle game for few sessions.

Superhot, Rush of Blood and RE7 are really cutting edge stuff and Farpoint is very enjoyable with the gun gadget.

Last edited:
Back