Getting back into video gaming? Xbox One or Playstation 4?

there is a rumor that the PS5 is actually super close, so if you wanna wait it up, thats it
Fuck me I actually thought it was out already until recently which the pro talk.

For some reason I was thinking it was lol.

Death Stranding looks like it's going to be a cool game I think it's PS4 exclusive

It all depends on taste

There isn’t a single ps exclusive that I would go out and buy, much less buy a console solely for one.

There are plenty of people that feel the same way, hence more than one console option out there

All the ps exclusives don’t matter, if they don’t interest you.

<LikeReally5>

<{MindBrown}>

<DontBelieve1>

So buttsore that you can't even admit that there is ONE PS4 exclusive game you'd buy and play if you had the console..

You're the literal definition of a hardcore fanboy at its worst or a fuckin' troll.

LOL

<LikeReally5>

<{MindBrown}>

<DontBelieve1>

So buttsore that you can't even admit that there is ONE PS4 exclusive game you'd buy and play if you had the console..

You're the literal definition of a hardcore fanboy at its worst or a fuckin' troll.

LOL
No I’m not a fan boy or a troll

I looked at the lists of ps exclusive games, and I see the new games out on the board at GameStop occasionally.

I rarely buy games for myself, normally buying for my kids.

But the fact remains, there isn’t anything in their line up that I feel like i have to run out and buy.

And that’s true for both systems really, there are really only two currently in the line up exclusive that I MIGHT buy for Xbox also.
Gears and halo new games, but I’ll probably wait until
They have been out for a while and get them used on the cheap, if at all.

Like mentioned before the only games currently in the future line up I’m really waiting on that I will get at release are doom which is multi platform, and I’ll more than likely get it on PC first and rage.
Cyberpunk will be PC

I have a massive library of games and i have no problems doing replaythtoughs on old games so it takes a lot for me to go out and get a new game.

There just isn’t anything i see in a PS exclusive that’s a must have for me, why is that so damn hard for people to get.

And I used to have a ps, and had it modded and have tons of overseas exclusive games for it(I’m actually thinking about getting another ps and trying to mod it again to play some of the games I still have again, lots of great dragonball games were released overseas that never here, that I bought when living in Malaysia)

And my old roommate had a ps2. And a ps before that.

I’ve played on PS consoles a ton, and bought games for them.

I like Ps in general, but I’ve been on Xbox consoles since a lot of my old quake buddies got me to get one to play halo on with them.

The original Halo was like the second coming of quake for a lot of us older gamers.

Recently other than Planetside on PC, the console that’s been getting the most use at my house is the SNES mini

I just did a run through of street fighter 2, I remembered bison being harder back in the day(seemed way easier on the mini?)

Anyway, I digress, there just isn’t anything there on PS i have to have.

My 5 year old wanted Spider-Man, so i told him for Christmas if he wanted that instead of the switch he’s been asking for since it came out he could have that instead.

And he said nope, wants the switch and Mario oddesy more.

So, there almost was a ps4 pro in my house this Christmas, but the switch is beating it out.

But that was on the kids side.

For me, my one and my PC are enough and I myself have no desire to play Spider-Man, unless I was playing it with my 5 yr old.

No I’m not a fan boy or a troll

I looked at the lists of ps exclusive games, and I see the new games out on the board at GameStop occasionally.

I rarely buy games for myself, normally buying for my kids.

But the fact remains, there isn’t anything in their line up that I feel like i have to run out and buy.

And that’s true for both systems really, there are really only two currently in the line up exclusive that I MIGHT buy for Xbox also.
Gears and halo new games, but I’ll probably wait until
They have been out for a while and get them used on the cheap, if at all.

Like mentioned before the only games currently in the future line up I’m really waiting on that I will get at release are doom which is multi platform, and I’ll more than likely get it on PC first and rage.
Cyberpunk will be PC

I have a massive library of games and i have no problems doing replaythtoughs on old games so it takes a lot for me to go out and get a new game.

There just isn’t anything i see in a PS exclusive that’s a must have for me, why is that so damn hard for people to get.

And I used to have a ps, and had it modded and have tons of overseas exclusive games for it(I’m actually thinking about getting another ps and trying to mod it again to play some of the games I still have again, lots of great dragonball games were released overseas that never here, that I bought when living in Malaysia)

And my old roommate had a ps2. And a ps before that.

I’ve played on PS consoles a ton, and bought games for them.

I like Ps in general, but I’ve been on Xbox consoles since a lot of my old quake buddies got me to get one to play halo on with them.

The original Halo was like the second coming of quake for a lot of us older gamers.

Recently other than Planetside on PC, the console that’s been getting the most use at my house is the SNES mini

I just did a run through of street fighter 2, I remembered bison being harder back in the day(seemed way easier on the mini?)

Anyway, I digress, there just isn’t anything there on PS i have to have.

My 5 year old wanted Spider-Man, so i told him for Christmas if he wanted that instead of the switch he’s been asking for since it came out he could have that instead.

And he said nope, wants the switch and Mario oddesy more.

So, there almost was a ps4 pro in my house this Christmas, but the switch is beating it out.

But that was on the kids side.

For me, my one and my PC are enough and I myself have no desire to play Spider-Man, unless I was playing it with my 5 yr old.

So all you really play is First Person Shooters and old ass games?

LOL.

GTFO with your excuses. The PS exclusives are by far and away way better (quality and quantity) than Xbox exclusives right now. There is no arguments about it. If you are so jaded as a gamer to the point that all you play are FPS games then okay say it so. You too busy being a dad than a gamer and can only afford the quick in out gaming that FPS provides. Hell you don't even need an Xbox and just play on your PC.

For the rest of us who enjoy more variety we will undoubtedly select a Playstation4 over an Xbox.

The fact that can claim to have NO interest in playing Bloodborne, Killzone Shadow Fall, Detroit: Become Human, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Last Guardian, The Last of Us, Uncharted 4, Until Dawn, Yakuza 6/Kiwami means you really shouldn't comment about gaming unless we are talking about FPS gaming in general.

And it's absolutely normal for your kid to pick Mario Odyssey over Spider-Man. If it wasn't for Zelda it woulda been GOTY in 2017. Another two excellent games which you probably have never played (or will not enjoy playing).

So all you really play is First Person Shooters and old ass games?

LOL.

GTFO with your excuses. The PS exclusives are by far and away way better (quality and quantity) than Xbox exclusives right now. There is no arguments about it. If you are so jaded as a gamer to the point that all you play are FPS games then okay say it so. You too busy being a dad than a gamer and can only afford the quick in out gaming that FPS provides. Hell you don't even need an Xbox and just play on your PC.

For the rest of us who enjoy more variety we will undoubtedly select a Playstation4 over an Xbox.

The fact that can claim to have NO interest in playing Bloodborne, Killzone Shadow Fall, Detroit: Become Human, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Last Guardian, The Last of Us, Uncharted 4, Until Dawn, Yakuza 6/Kiwami means you really shouldn't comment about gaming unless we are talking about FPS gaming in general.

And it's absolutely normal for your kid to pick Mario Odyssey over Spider-Man. If it wasn't for Zelda it woulda been GOTY in 2017. Another two excellent games which you probably have never played (or will not enjoy playing).
I don’t only play FPS shooters, some of my favorite series were
Mass effect
Rage
Crysis
Crackdown
Jedi Knight series
Force unleashed
Max Payne(owned them for PS)
Etc etc

I never liked Zelda, even in the NES days, my best friend had an nes and we played a lot at his house but I’d mostly just hang out while he was playing Zelda
Metroid was really the only NES game I liked besides Contra, which instill play with my kid on his SNES mini. And Metroid
So no I wouldn’t have gone out and got a PS for the new Zelda, it’s never interested me.
And God Of War to me even though it’s a new version release, is an old ass series which doesn’t interest me in getting into at this point.

It’s like Gears of war, played the hell out of it when the first two came out and been not real interested since.

Like the new one coming out, not sure if I’ll even get it.

So no, I don’t just like FPS, I would say that is my favorite genre overall, but does not include the totality of my gameplay.

I probably have more hours playing other types of games over all.

<LikeReally5>

<{MindBrown}>

<DontBelieve1>

LOL

Calm down man. I think @90 50 is legit. I don't really care to much about PS4 exclusives either. I don't know why it's so hard for you Sony fanbois to fathom.

Objectively Sonys exclusives may be better now as of the time of this post but that doesn't mean Xbox players don't have shit all to play. FOH.

Calm down man. I think @90 50 is legit. I don't really care to much about PS4 exclusives either. I don't know why it's so hard for you Sony fanbois to fathom.

Objectively Sonys exclusives may be better now as of the time of this post but that doesn't mean Xbox players don't have shit all to play. FOH.
<{monica}>

LOL.

I've owned every Xbox systems with the exception of Xbox One and I've owned every Nintendo console besides the Wii U and SNES classic along with every PlayStation systems.

Pretty sure you and @90 50 are way more of fan boy type than i'll ever be.

And objectively speaking Sony exclusives ARE (not may be) better now and have been better for years. No one said you xbox players don't have shit to play but the exclusive list is downright pitifully meager if one also owns a PC.

The only real legit reason to play on Xbox instead of PlayStation is if your gaming friends are mostly/all playing there.

Considering the playstation has a much larger player base, a much larger library of games along with a much better list of exclusives no one should be choosing an xbox over a playstation.

But continue to fanboy away in defending your console of choice.

I have an Xbox one x and a ps4 pro. I really only play a few hours a week. I like the Xbox for most games because I like the controller better(I play mostly FPS), but got the ps4 because uncharted may be my favorite series ever and I wanted god of war. If I only had one, it’d probably be the Xbox for the better controller and it’s what I’ve historically played more.

LOL.

I've owned every Xbox systems with the exception of Xbox One and I've owned every Nintendo console besides the Wii U and SNES classic along with every PlayStation systems.

Pretty sure you and @90 50 are way more of fan boy type than i'll ever be.

And objectively speaking Sony exclusives ARE (not may be) better now and have been better for years. No one said you xbox players don't have shit to play but the exclusive list is downright pitifully meager if one also owns a PC.

The only real legit reason to play on Xbox instead of PlayStation is if your gaming friends are mostly/all playing there.

Considering the playstation has a much larger player base, a much larger library of games along with a much better list of exclusives no one should be choosing an xbox over a playstation.

But continue to fanboy away in defending your console of choice.

Oh Francis is upset. Need a cookie?

PS4 pro 100%.

God of War, Bloodborne, Uncharted saga, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Spiderman, Last of Us (and TLoU 2, out next year) have made for some of my finest gaming experiences.

At this point if I was going to buy a new console I'd probably pick up an Xbox One X because it puts out legitimate 4k and games run best on it. If I was going to get one of the base consoles, I'd grab a PS4. The original Xbox One apparently still has a laggy UI and most cross platform games run worse on it than on the PS4 (at least this used to be the case and still is at least some of the time: RDR2).

I've considered the Pro a couple of times, but I'm put off by the fact that it only supports 4k streaming (no 4k physical disc playback), and a lot of games either upscale or use other tricks to output 4k instead of outputting a 4k native resolution. Right now I'm just hoping my old base PS4 lasts me until the next round of consoles.

At this point if I was going to buy a new console I'd probably pick up an Xbox One X because it puts out legitimate 4k and games run best on it. If I was going to get one of the base consoles, I'd grab a PS4. The original Xbox One apparently still has a laggy UI and most cross platform games run worse on it than on the PS4 (at least this used to be the case and still is at least some of the time: RDR2).

I've considered the Pro a couple of times, but I'm put off by the fact that it only supports 4k streaming (no 4k physical disc playback), and a lot of games either upscale or use other tricks to output 4k instead of outputting a 4k native resolution. Right now I'm just hoping my old base PS4 lasts me until the next round of consoles.

You already have a PS4. Xbox One is a logical choice. I was actually thinking about buying one myself after my first PS4 disc tray broke. I took it traveling one too many times and fucked up the tray. Destiny 2 was about to be released and I had tried (in vain) to convince my clan mates to play it on PC but they all decided to play on PS4. So I picked up the white D2 PS4 Pro instead. Had they all switched to PC I most likely would have picked up the X One X.

If I had to do it again, I would have just bought the digital version of D2 online and picked up the Xbox One X. All my D2 clanmates bailed out on me (fuckers). My issue with Xbox One was the lack of exclusives - Halo series didn't really peak my interested (already playing spiritual successor D2) and there were no solo games I wanted there either . All my gaming buddies but one played on playstation so...

Games do look a lot better on the pro compared to the original PS4 so whatever...

I don’t want to sound like an asshole but my opinion is if you have the money for a 4K tv, you have the money for a ps4 pro or over a ps4. If you spend a lot of time playing games, why not get one? Unless you already have a ps4 anyway.

Like what the first post said, get what most of your friends or fav streamer has so you can play with them. I have all the systems but just recently got into PC gaming and just last week got an XBOX One S.. I have always preferred PS. Like the graphics, exclusives and layout of PS4 better. Plus I love shareplay ( If your friend didnt have certain games but you did he could join your game and play with you from his house, it was cool , through there TV they would see your screen.) I havent used that in awhile so not sure if its still a thing.

it boils down to what you are looking for in a system.. What would you have the most fun playing... I prefer PS4. More people own PS4 as Microsoft really fucked up the release of the XBOX

regardless of taste and play style, xbox has pretty much 0 current gen exclusives und ps4 has a good number of them.

backwards compatibility is a reason for sure but doesnt matter in OP's case

Actually, I think backward capability is important. Keep in mind I havent played a single game on playstation 3 or xbox 360. I'm guessing the graphics/landsapes aren't as good, but core NPC intelligence and player actins aren't that different. Regardless, I imagine surely those old gmes are worth playing still.

Anyway, I am leaning heavily to PS4 and will more than likely get it. The last of Us game looks really good. Any stealth survifal type games like that on Xbox? Any good exclusive Action games ?

Is the PS4 control that shitty?

Back