Getting knocked down

Niels

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What actually happens when you get knocked down? I’ve been knocked out (not by fighting actually) and i’ve been knocked down. But they just seem so different in how they feel. The knockdown didn’t seem to hurt that bad, but suddenly my legs gave out, while when being KO’d you don’t remember shit and you just lay there.

What’s the difference like in what happens to your brain?

The best way that I can describe it - is that you get hit in the head so hard, that your brain goes 'shit' and calls for a shutdown of your body - which isn't the most scientific way of describing it but it's the best I got.

Not exactly the same thing

The best way that I can describe it - is that you get hit in the head so hard, that your brain goes 'shit' and calls for a shutdown of your body - which isn't the most scientific way of describing it but it's the best I got.

But it’s like really weird, cause that one time i got dropped it didn’t seem to hit me that hard, and suddenly you’re on the floor

But it’s like really weird, cause that one time i got dropped it didn’t seem to hit me that hard, and suddenly you’re on the floor

The ones that get you are the ones you dont see coming. When i hear knockdown i think Eddie Alvarez he will get knocked down three times but can stand back up (Conor fight) where as the reem has been getting just shut off (Francis foght). I think the difference maybe amout of damage the brain is taking (minor or major) as @AndyMaBobs said a KO is your brain hitting the side of the skull and shutting the body down. Knockdowns are like a little shake up so you balance and vision gets discombobulated. Though people think kos cause the concussions there is a lot on subconcussive injuries(ones that dont show symptoms) leading to brain damage

If you get KOed it will be easier to get KOed again I don't know for how long and this can lead to brain damage if the brain hasnt healed from the last KO.

Sounds like me after taking 14oz of tequila

Back