Getting Old is Going to Suck.

FacePunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Threw my back out this week picking up a box of brake rotors from too low and after about 3 days of healing it popped again yesterday, a little bit worse.

I can barely wipe my own ass right now and I have a wedding to attend on Friday. Don't want to go to the doctor just for pills because I don't want to sit in a waiting room with a bunch of flu patients. I'm not even fucking 40 and I need a cane to stand up. Don't even really want to smoke weed cuz I don't want to cough.

The human spine is proof there is no god.

I never should have gone snowboarding. Ever.

How is your body failing?

Threw my back out this week picking up a box of brake rotors from too low and after about 3 days of healing it popped again yesterday, a little bit worse.

I can barely wipe my own ass right now and I have a wedding to attend on Friday. Don't want to go to the doctor just for pills because I don't want to sit in a waiting room with a bunch of flu patients. I'm not even fucking 40 and I need a cane to stand up. Don't even really want to smoke weed cuz I don't want to cough.

You need a good Chiropractor. I'd recommend Dr. Gregory Johnson at Houston Chiropractic. Ask for the Ring Dinger.

Yea. They were in a box on the floor of a low car. I am an idiot and a weak bitch though.
At least you were lifting something. I usually hurt my back doing something stupid like sneezing or putting on a coat.

At least you were lifting something. I usually hurt my back doing something stupid like sneezing or putting on a coat.
That's how I hurt it the second time, just reaching my arm out. Fucker popped so hard I just fucking laid down on the ground in shocking pain and tried to think of sedentary shit to do for the next week.

You probably strained your back. If I had your symptoms, I could make an appt with my doctor, go in with less than a 5 minute wait, see the doctor, get prescribed a 7 day steroid pack, and feel fine by Friday.

Are you in a medical state? You could get edibles and/or skin creams that could help with the pain.

As for me, I just feel stiffer. I have a nagging hip, knee, and ankle injury from a car crash ten years ago.

I've lost what little flexibility I used to have.

Gout almost killed me last year.

It's aight TS, it gets worse..

I legit once threw my back out picking up mail I dropped on the ground..

I was in my early 30's at the time. "Old" is a real thing that hits around that age..

Only good thing that came out of it we're the sympathy BJ's the gf would give me and my excuse to play dead fish for the week..

I'm in my 40s now and starting to feel this.

Training BJJ - usually something will be sore. I just have to make sure I warm up properly, take it easy (limit hard rolls and concede to just play defence with younger more aggressive guys), stretch after training, hot/cold shower, use this VEGA recovery stuff. Still I cannot go day in day out anymore (with a full time job). Still though I almost always feel some sort of pain. Did not tap to an armbar right away (tried to work on my escape) and it got hyper-extended a bit and was hurting for a few weeks.

Don't really do stand up anymore - hit pads or bags once in awhile.

Still try to workout but have to be aware now of pushing it too hard as a hard workout can put me out for a day or so (just being tired and burnt).

Starting to notice health issues - stomach problems --> having to change diet and eating habits.

Ankle, shin and foot problems from years of running.

Knees are kinda beat as well - BJJ, Kickboxing, running, and just general wear and tear.

You probably strained your back. If I had your symptoms, I could make an appt with my doctor, go in with less than a 5 minute wait, see the doctor, get prescribed a 7 day steroid pack, and feel fine by Friday.
You bastard.

I think some of the inflammation is pinching a nerve. My left leg is numbish.

Are you in a medical state? You could get edibles and/or skin creams that could help with the pain.

As for me, I just feel stiffer. I have a nagging hip, knee, and ankle injury from a car crash ten years ago.

I've lost what little flexibility I used to have.
Full legal, but I don't like edibles. The way they affect me it might actually amplify the pain. I'd like some edible heroin derivatives right about now.

You bastard.

Naw...

You just pulled your back out..

Agreed, get the roid pack if you can. I've had it a few times.

Usually a five day pill popping session but you are in beast mode for the next two-three months...

It's like 18 all over again..

You bastard.

Do you have a primary care physician? I'd seriously go. I used to not like to go to the doctor and would just go to urgent care. It's so much easier once you have an established doctor. The steroids help tremendously. The first time that I strained my back, I went to a chiro who wanted to "work on me" for 2 weeks. My doctor laughed and said that it would take about two weeks to get better if I did nothing. On the steroids, it took about 2 days.

In my mid 40's and can't remember the last time I wasn't in pain or uncomfortable with some physical issue. I have multiple ongoing medical conditions which contribute to it but they are getting less and less manageable each year. I honestly hope I pass away before I get elderly because I can't imagine how bad life will be.

I have a replaced ACL in my left knee. Probably my worst injury but it healed well and doesn't bother me.

On the other hand, the ligaments in my ankles are so stretched out I sprain them stepping on an uneven sidewalk tile, I currently have torn scapholunate ligaments in both wrists that need surgery, and both of my shoulder joints are pretty much destroyed. Luckily I haven't had back problems yet. My dad suffered with a bad back and it seemed like it really sucked.

This is all from 20 years of skateboarding, snowboarding and martial arts. I'm still doing all those things regularly somehow, but I'm in pain most of the time and can't take risks or do a lot of the things I used to.

Back