Getting Old is Going to Suck.

Whatever hotdog gif that is it isn't showing up on my computer.

I made a "doctors" appointment at ZoomCare (I sound poor) and got the old-lady hookup on some percs. She offered a fentanyl patch and I was like noooooo thanks.

<SelenaWow>
giphy.gif

It really depends on how you age and who you age with..it doesn’t have to suck. It’s the most natural thing we do, it requires no effort, we know loosely how it ends, and we move onto another adventure. It’s all good..

Whatever hotdog gif that is it isn't showing up on my computer.

I made a "doctors" appointment at ZoomCare (I sound poor) and got the old-lady hookup on some percs. She offered a fentanyl patch and I was like noooooo thanks.

<SelenaWow>

It's a gif of Homer using an old dented garbage can as some cure-all implement for back pain with a handwritten sign on the wall reading PAY IN ADVANCE.

Hmmm from the sounds of this thread getting old already sucks, no "going to" about it.

I tweaked my back last week doing overhead presses of such laughably low weight that I won't mention it. Still a bit sore, but I feel bad complaining in here.

I was in your situation a couple years ago. I've had the "pop" maybe 3 times total. Twice it was on a top set of deadlift grinding out a rep. I actually was just going to drop deadlifts, and did do that for a while. Now I'm back at it and still lift max effort. The difference is that I'll never grind out a rep that is more than 90% of my 1RM.

But yea, I know this is my 3rd time saying it, but I cannot recommend enough going to the doctor to get the steroids. They'll also give you a non-narcotic muscle relaxer and some stretches to do. I think the steroids were like $9 after insurance, and I have shit insurance lol.

This brings me great hope, thank you.

34 here For the past 3 or 4 years I have played basketball 3 times a week. This year I decided to start strength training with squats and deadlifts because I am a jackass. Now I have a groin injury that will not go away.

Also I think one of the joys of aging is learning to enjoy the post workout pain.

If you only live by the ego and the physical, yes it will be a horrible experience

Thats why, you are supposed to grow spiritually, so you UNDERSTAND the physical is not really that important... if you get to understand that, then spending more time as a human its actually a very comforting and growing experience

I am just 35 but starting to see more gray strands o hair.

Also I think one of the joys of aging is learning to enjoy the post workout pain.
I enjoyed it way much when I was younger, with no question. I need to get strong enough to enjoy it again, after doing both my shoulders I've just gotten weak.

If you only live by the ego and the physical, yes it will be a horrible experience

Thats why, you are supposed to grow spiritually, so you UNDERSTAND the physical is not really that important... if you get to understand that, then spending more time as a human its actually a very comforting and growing experience

I completely agree. This was something I stressed to my Dad when he was dealing with cancer and having a tumor removed from his spine - We need to be able to find hobbies and interests to keep creative and happy with, to keep learning - that don't have anything to do with physical strength or even wellness. I'm setting back up a little studio for music and may dive back into photography.

my back has been killing me for about 10 days now,id like to say it was doing something athletic or explosive,but i just slept funny.

At least you were lifting something. I usually hurt my back doing something stupid like sneezing or putting on a coat.

After rock climbing for two hours I once fucked my back tying shoe laces. FML.

Hate bikes, pool is just a bitch to get to.

Can't say I'm a big fan of either . Maybe the stepmill ? The biggest thing that you don't say " fuck it " and do nothing .

Believe me , I know how easy it is to fall into that trap when you feel like shit. It only makes things worse though in my experience.

I just watched the Godfather for the first time. I'm amazed at how young Pacino, Duvall, and Caan look. You can't hold back father time.

34 here For the past 3 or 4 years I have played basketball 3 times a week. This year I decided to start strength training with squats and deadlifts because I am a jackass. Now I have a groin injury that will not go away.

Rest, then rehab, then slowly work back into your sport. It's worth doing it right, more so as you age. I had nagging shit I pushed through a few times before I learnt I just have to treat stuff that doesn't go away with care.

At 38 the only real issue I've seem come on is indigestion and I know I could fix that if I ate better.

Otherwise I'm in the best shape of my life. I still box and lift heavy and push myself in the weight room.

I hurt my back deadlifting about a month ago. I'm now functional for most sports I play, but I've been back in the gym a few times since then and gotten the "pop" you described a few times.

Feels like shit today after light bent-over rows yesterday :( I mean what's the fucking point. Just got a beautiful white Inzer belt for Christmas too.

BRB headed straight to doctor.

Somatics by Thomas Hanna -- if you want some easy help with aches and pains from age/trauma. Trust me. It'll change your life physically. The mental benefits are even more incredible if you keep a regular practice.

I just hit 30 two months ago, and thankfully I got no issues so far. As a precaution, I am already paying more attention to my diet, especially sugar and fat intake. I don't want to live to 120 years old, but I want to make it to retirement age being active and healthy.

Back