Getting Old is Going to Suck.

Threw my back out this week picking up a box of brake rotors from too low and after about 3 days of healing it popped again yesterday, a little bit worse.

I can barely wipe my own ass right now and I have a wedding to attend on Friday. Don't want to go to the doctor just for pills because I don't want to sit in a waiting room with a bunch of flu patients. I'm not even fucking 40 and I need a cane to stand up. Don't even really want to smoke weed cuz I don't want to cough.

The human spine is proof there is no god.

I never should have gone snowboarding. Ever.

How is your body failing?

i had back issues twice in the past year. but that was mainly due to my lack of proper technique when i was lifting. if you're having back issues while doing basic things, then that's a big problem. but it sounds like you tried to lift something heavy with terrible technique. you'll hurt your back doing that no matter how young or old you are.

I just hit 30 two months ago, and thankfully I got no issues so far. As a precaution, I am already paying more attention to my diet, especially sugar and fat intake. I don't want to live to 120 years old, but I want to make it to retirement age being active and healthy.

i'm thirty-seven, and the advice i'd give you is to stay active. maintain a routine so your body is constantly working, and never gets stiff.

Stupid fake doctor bitch gave me Flexiril and told me to load up on Advil and referred me to a fucking chiro. I'm getting percs or whatever tonight. No fucking way in hell am I letting someone manipulate my spine in this condition on the advice of a PA. Ice and heat it is.

<{clintugh}>

Somatics by Thomas Hanna -- if you want some easy help with aches and pains from age/trauma. Trust me. It'll change your life physically. The mental benefits are even more incredible if you keep a regular practice.

You know I got that for my ex the last time you recommended it.

Maybe I should (politely) ask that it be returned ;)

I'm slowing down the aging process by eating clean, training MMA, abstaining from alcohol, cigarettes and drugs.

Threw my back out this week picking up a box of brake rotors from too low and after about 3 days of healing it popped again yesterday, a little bit worse.

I can barely wipe my own ass right now and I have a wedding to attend on Friday. Don't want to go to the doctor just for pills because I don't want to sit in a waiting room with a bunch of flu patients. I'm not even fucking 40 and I need a cane to stand up. Don't even really want to smoke weed cuz I don't want to cough.

Everytime I've ever tweaked my back, it was because I lifted something when I was stiff. I think if you stretch some, twist & turn your back & loosen all of your muscles before lifting something, you'll rarely ever hurt your back

I'm slowing down the aging process by eating clean, training MMA, abstaining from alcohol, cigarettes and drugs.

Why would you want to live longer if it requires doing those things?

my back has been killing me for about 10 days now,id like to say it was doing something athletic or explosive,but i just slept funny.
It's probably a blood clot. You should go to emergency immediately.

You guys need to get on test and clean up your diets. I mean seriously. I understand getting old is definitely a factor but consider some things:
How sedentary is your lifestyle? Are you moving enough? I'm not talking about working out. Just general movement and activity. Are you spending endless hours on the couch or in an office chair?

How much sugar is in your diet? How much cholesterol are you consuming? Is your diet creating an inflammatory environment in your body? What's your real, actual, daily intake of vegetables? How much water are you drinking? How much alcohol are you drinking?

How much general daily or weekly stress are you under? Stress has incredibly harsh physiological impacts on the body.

Maybe try scientifically and systematically try eliminating the things that are causing your body to break down? I know back problems are a bitch. I'm only 26 and deal with them from my long build (I'm 6'4) and the numerous hits I've taken to the back.

eat healthy. do squats and back workouts. eat lots of protein and be stress free. that's all i know as advice, sincerely.

My close friend has gout. I thought it was just feet flare ups and shit. Care to elaborate?

It hit me February 2nd 2017 for the first time in my life. I couldn't walk and was in constant pain for roughly 4-6 weeks.

Since then I've lost some weight, cut out crap from my diet in fear of it coming back. It's flared up occasionally but never on the scale it did during that February / March month last year thankfully.

Legit worst pain I've ever felt. Just feels like your foot is about to explode.

We're on version 3 of this one in the OT.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/a...ed-something-ot-senior-dicussion-v-3.3403213/

It hit me February 2nd 2017 for the first time in my life. I couldn't walk and was in constant pain for roughly 4-6 weeks.

Since then I've lost some weight, cut out crap from my diet in fear of it coming back. It's flared up occasionally but never on the scale it did during that February / March month last year thankfully.

Legit worst pain I've ever felt. Just feels like your foot is about to explode.
A buddy of mine started getting this in his early thirties, but he was pretty much living off of rare steaks, shrimp, red wine and Guinness. So it was pretty much unavoidable..

It's aight TS, it gets worse..

I legit once threw my back out picking up mail I dropped on the ground..

I was in my early 30's at the time. "Old" is a real thing that hits around that age..

Only good thing that came out of it we're the sympathy BJ's the gf would give me and my excuse to play dead fish for the week..
I did the same thing at 29.

so to help TS - I can, from experience, say that getting older sucks. At least in terms of health and vitality.

Back