Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Edit: I guess this game isn't as old as I thought it was, it only came out seven months ago. I was just given it as a belated birthday gift. Its reputation precedes it, but it's still tough as hell. I played for about a half hour, and got through to the first big wall of the game, the place called the Devil's Chimney. I made it up through it, and then I fired myself off the left side falling back to the beginning area. Fun.

If you're unfamiliar, basically, it's a game of torture, with hard controls involving trying to pull your character over obstacles. I think the official objective of the game is: To get a man in a cauldron up a mountain with a hammer. That's it.

Have you lost your mind playing this game?

Last edited:
No but I watched a few streamers lose their shit playing this

I've watched some Let's Players do it and I know if I played ten minutes of that shit it'd probably end in the apocalypse

No, I knew it was made to piss people off so I avoided it lol.

Also, the game came out in December so it is actually fairly new. The creator made another game which has the same core mechanics (I think it was some flash game) a few years ago which is what you might be thinking of.

No, I knew it was made to piss people off so I avoided it lol.

Also, the game came out in December so it is actually fairly new. The creator made another game which has the same core mechanics (I think it was some flash game) a few years ago which is what you might be thinking of.
Oh you are right, I thought it came out a long time ago. Good call.

Have no interest in Bennett Foddy and his "games"

Well I'm getting better at it, but it's still obnoxious. I have fallen down to the beginning several times but I never had that freakout moment like a lot of other people appear to have had (or at least ham it up because they're on video).

I like difficult platformers, but this seems like overkill. I'll pass.

I finished it. I'd show you but it was on my brothers account and he died yesterday so there is no trace of it.

Watch the speed run for the game. They’d be no reason to play anymore after viewing that...

Back