GGG’s promoter petitioning WBC to order Canelo trilogy

Marc A

Being broke is being dishonest
@Silver
Reaction score
Take that NSAC

donnah-pham-gnaw-cute-asian-girl-bite.gif

Tom Loeffler is reportedly petitioning the World Boxing Council at the WBC’s convention this week to have the order a trilogy fight between Gennady Golovkin and Saul Canelo Alvarez due to controversial scoring by the judges that worked the second fight between the two stars on September 15 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2018/10/gggs-promoter-petitioning-wbc-to-order-canelo-trilogy/

They should tell him to fuck right off with that controversial scorecard business. The first fight had a controversial scorecard and they got an immediate rematch. This fight wasn't controversial and anyone intimately involved in the sport should see that.

They'll probably tell him to fuck right on, though, because that's a hefty sanctioning fee they'll be getting. And I won't exactly be disappointed in a third fight next year.

won't happen, the WBC already has a mandatory in Charlo.

Even though both fight were competitive and very good I don't want to see the same fight over and over again.

I DO want to see it again, just not next. As far as demanding a rematch because of the scoring.... best of luck. It wasn't atrocious, and I've seen more then a few stunningly atrocious decisions not be addressed in any meaningful way.

Charlo and Danny Jacobs need to get their shots.
I'd honestly rather have Jacobs get a shot @ Canelo, and Charlo and GGG go at it, with the winners meeting afterward.

The only caveat is that GGG is getting long in the tooth, so who knows how many more fights he'll stick around for.

I DO want to see it again, just not next. As far as demanding a rematch because of the scoring.... best of luck. It wasn't atrocious, and I've seen more then a few stunningly atrocious decisions not be addressed in any meaningful way.

Charlo and Danny Jacobs need to get their shots.
I'd honestly rather have Jacobs get a shot @ Canelo, and Charlo and GGG go at it, with the winners meeting afterward.

The only caveat is that GGG is getting long in the tooth, so who knows how many more fights he'll stick around for.
He might retire if he doesnt get the Canelo fight

At least that's what Loeffler makes it seem like

Canelo will beat him even easier next time. He has his number. Close fight but he won. Ggg is getting older, Canelo will probably stop him next time if it happens.

Canelo would be 2 up if he didn't piss about in the first fight.

Canelo is also a cheat lol.

The only thing that would make me want to see a third immediately is the fact that Golovkin is inching up on 40 (not that I don't really want to see a 3rd fight, but both could use a fight in between). Still, it looks like Canelo will likely batter Lemieux in December and then fight Charlo in May. I wouldn't mind seeing the trilogy fight in May, but Charlo has been the mandatory for awhile and deserves a shot. MW has finally gotten good for the first time in awhile, so it's not like either man has any shortage of good matchups.

I guess Charlo is just supposed to be overlooked again?
I personally don't want to see a back to back to back fight. Dang, at least let someone else get a crack at it. Geez. lol

Canelo will beat him even easier next time. He has his number. Close fight but he won. Ggg is getting older, Canelo will probably stop him next time if it happens.

Canelo would be 2 up if he didn't piss about in the first fight.

Canelo is also a cheat lol.
People were saying a Canelo was going to stop him in the second fight yet he never even wobbled him, now it's a third fight he'll stop him in? That's ridiculous.

People were saying a Canelo was going to stop him in the second fight yet he never even wobbled him, now it's a third fight he'll stop him in? That's ridiculous.
I kind of recall people saying GGG was going spark GoatNelo

I kind of recall people saying GGG was going spark GoatNelo
Well obviously there were people on both sides. My point stands about neither of them getting knocked out in another fight.

Well obviously there were people on both sides. My point stands about neither of them getting knocked out in another fight.

It's unlikely, but fighters can fall off pretty quickly when they get close to 40.

i don't want to see the 3rd one right away, give them some other fights first

A third fight would be good, but very unlikely to deliver anything else than a wider JD for Canelo. He's in his prime, he adjusted well to Golovkin and the judges won't go against him. GGG isn't getting younger and while he found his groove on the back foot I don't see him bring enough new stuff to dramatically change the course of the fight. Canelo takes his punch well, and when he gets hurt he is still cool enough to avoid a finish with great head movement.

Let's see GGG ride in the sunset à la Hagler, after two fat paychecks and a razor close decision that fans will keep debating for decades. Sadly, I don't see it happening.

One year older and slower, the more of a beating. If it does happen it will be a stoppage or a one sided beat down.

Won't happen, third fight wouldn't sell nearly as many PPVs. The magic and wonder has been killed at this point, there is just a sour taste in many people's mouths.

Back