GGG caves in! Willing to change split to fight Canelo!

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Good, it's evident that he doesn't deserve 50/50 FFS.

please explain?

Without going into it, Canelo is the A side - I hate that term and I'm more of a fan of GGG than Canelo.
Sure Canelo fucked the rematch but that doesn't dramatically change the split to 50/50.
Personally, 5% maybe 10% on top of the rematch split from the failed test should suffice.

Others here would probably not even agree to those figures. He isn't losing out either way dude.

The fight will happen. Too much money at stake. It's not exactly uncommon to see the two sides negociate beforehand.

70/30 Canelo is more than fair.
He got that in the first fight, and the second fight was supposed to be 65/35. I imagine this one will be 60/40, given that Canelo fucked up the original rematch.

I just hope Danny gets his crack at Canelo also still. Id like to see him get a massive payday and a chance at the top.

I just hope Danny gets his crack at Canelo also still. Id like to see him get a massive payday and a chance at the top.
Maybe he can fight the winner in December

PED cheat and obvious loser doesn't deserve more money. Should be in prison for assault and possession of illegal drugs.

PED cheat and obvious loser doesn't deserve more money. Should be in prison for assault and possession of illegal drugs.
Agreed anyone willing to work with a known criminal is of weak moral character

Can you please stop calling him Big D. I feel grossed out every time I see it.

Anyway I just want them to get this fight over with. It' been over two years now since they were discussing the first fight and I'd like to see them move on. Especially since Golovkin doesn't have much time left.

Can you please stop calling him Big D. I feel grossed out every time I see it.

Anyway I just want them to get this fight over with. It' been over two years now since they were discussing the first fight and I'd like to see them move on. Especially since Golovkin doesn't have much time left.
Is Fat D any better?

You seriously need to use his full name: Fat Dan :)

https://www.badlefthook.com/2018/6/...g-to-take-55-45-split-for-rematch-with-canelo

If the fight goes ahead at 55/45 I’d consider that a victory. We’ll know on a few days anyway. He’s sure to improve over the 70/30 of the first fight. Big risk, too, I suppose. He could conceivably end up stripped of all titles except the IBO, which isn’t really a title
Agreed it would make a great May 5th fight. We will see the split.

Coming off a firm 50-50 split will make Team Canelo feel they won on the negotiation block but we have yet to see what is the walk away point

Asking for 50-50 split was a way to get 5-10% more out of Oscar. Seems like mission accomplished.

Back