GGG claims his run at MW was better than Hopkins

he beat jacobs, and it was the draw vs canelo that was controversial, since it should've been a victory.

i don't give a fuck about how he stacks against hopkins, but you're trying way too hard to discredit him here.

Bit of a stretch but you can't blame the guy for being his biggest advocate. Real shame is how ducked he was, didn't get a chance at a real name till way too late in his career. Controversial draw and then Canelo found a way to weasel out of the rematch. Now that mw is actually alive again GGG is on the down swing of his career. Sucks how things play out sometimes, oh well.

he beat jacobs, and it was the draw vs canelo that was controversial, since it should've been a victory.

i don't give a fuck about how he stacks against hopkins, but you're trying way too hard to discredit him here.
He had a debatable win over Jacobs and a draw against Canelo that people had going both ways.
Regardless, Hopkins run at MW was better.
His wins over Trinidad and De La Hoya trumps GGGs win over Jacobs and his draw with Canelo.

If people thought he was better, after the Canelo rematch I doubt they still will. I have this feeling Canelo is gonna win decisively

I thought Jacobs clearly beat GGG tbh, that win only looks as good as it does on paper, watching the fight tells a different story.

This. We all know he should have a win against canelo.

I thought Jacobs clearly beat GGG tbh, that win only looks as good as it does on paper, watching the fight tells a different story.

That was a closer fight than canelo, I personally think he edged him out just because of his jab in that fight even though I can see someone giving it to Jacobs. This was a very impressive win by ggg

William Joppy is a better victory than almost most all of GGG wins.

IlliterateDeadlyGander-max-1mb.gif

Every claim regarding past greats seems ridiculous without time, greatness can only really be judged in retrospect.

Danny beat him bias aside. Je beat Canelo.

Bhops wins trump him easily. That Tito win was crazy. Very few people saw that

This. We all know he should've have a loss against Jacobs

Eh could go had gone either way, you can’t discount ggg jab work. I said it during The fight; screaming does not get you points, just because you threw a punch and it landed on ggg gloves and you scream about it doesn’t get you points. He should had been more focused on his boxing instead of screaming at ggg

Eh could go had gone either way, you can’t discount ggg jab work. I said it during The fight; screaming does not get you points, just because you threw a punch and it landed on ggg gloves and you scream about it doesn’t get you points. He should had been more focused on his boxing instead of screaming at ggg

I agree.

Close fight but the GGG jab was on point and only one guy got hurt a couple times and legit dropped.

Yelling at GGG and flexing your muscles < Dropping Jacobs hard with a clean shot

Meh, Hopkins win against DLH gets extremely overated, it was a fight that should never had happened as it was clear that Hopkins was getting too big for the weight, and DLH was way too small(which is why he never returned to it)

Other than Trinidad and Johnson, i dont see a lot of great things from Hopkins at Middleweight other than him going through run of the mill guys

https://www.boxingscene.com/golovkin-hopkins-my-record-much-bigger-stronger-160--127721

A controversial win over Jacobs and a draw with Canelo vs TKO wins over an undefeated Felix Trinidad and a still very good Oscar De La Hoya.

William Joppy is a better victory than almost most all of GGG wins.

Yup.
Somewhere in between. He's definitely wrong but Oscar was out of his depth by that point and Joppy was shot just looking to survive and win a bet. Canelo and Jacobs were better wins.

I also thought being emotional may have cost Danny the win. It was a close fight though.

Back