GGG claims his run at MW was better than Hopkins

Hopkins has a better resume at MW right now.

if GGG beats Canelo in a rematch, BJS, and Charlo or Jacobs again...i'd say it's a lot closer to even or better by then. we'll see.

Beat Jacobs again, and Charlo and Murata and Canelo...then this becomes a reasonable debate.

he beat jacobs, and it was the draw vs canelo that was controversial, since it should've been a victory.

i don't give a fuck about how he stacks against hopkins, but you're trying way too hard to discredit him here.

some had ggg losing to jacobs

To answer TS, GGG MW Reign is nothing compared to Bhops

Also had GGG beating canelo

Well, he hasn't beaten anyone great. I like Jacobs but I don't think his story is written yet. It remains to be seen if he's great. Aside from that, who has he fought? His best win is probably Kell Brook.
you mean besides jacobs and canelo?

i agree, those were his best opponents. they're pretty fucking good, though... so i don't get what all the whining is about.

who the fuk is 160 jermall charlo other than a former 154 champ that kod some guy named hugo centeno jr and an injured heliand ,both whom didnt have one top ten win on his resume

at least lemuiex had beaten proven 160s njikam and rosado

for all we know, jermalls first step up at mw he fights dervyachenko and gets starched out in four rounds because his punch resistance at 154, let alone 160, has yet to be tested.

i agree, those were his best opponents. they're pretty fucking good, though... so i don't get what all the whining is about.
My post was pretty clear about Jacobs.
He didn't beat Canelo.

My post was pretty clear about Jacobs.
He didn't beat Canelo.
and my posts in our conversation here had been pretty clear about golovkin's resume vs that of hopkins, yet you make tangential statements to them.

do you think canelo had a draw with mayweather? because that judge's scorecard was as legitimate as adelaide byrd's on golovkin vs canelo. being technically right through ignorance is still being ignorant.

Similar career pre Trinidad tbh. nobody particularly wanted to fight Hop either til then.

Fact is Canelo is GGG's Felix Trinidad. He needs him BAD.

and my posts in our conversation here had been pretty clear about golovkin's resume vs that of hopkins, yet you make tangential statements to them.

do you think canelo had a draw with mayweather? because that judge's scorecard was as legitimate as adelaide byrd's on golovkin vs canelo. being technically right through ignorance is still being ignorant.
My opinion doesn't matter. No, I didn't personally score Floyd vs Canelo a draw but that doesn't change anything. Had another judge scored it even or for Canelo, it would have been a draw whether I liked it or not.

I had Canelo beating Golovkin, so where does my opinion factor in? If people can just decide the results of the fight were different what happens when two people who saw it differently argue about it?

My opinion doesn't matter. No, I didn't personally score Floyd vs Canelo a draw but that doesn't change anything. Had another judge scored it even or for Canelo, it would have been a draw whether I liked it or not.

I had Canelo beating Golovkin, so where does my opinion factor in? If people can just decide the results of the fight were different what happens when two people who saw it differently argue about it?
yeah, and no one is disputing the official result. but be honest here: if canelo was given the nod in the mayweather fight, considering how that fight went, would you be saying that floyd couldn't even beat alvarez? that he stayed around for too long, that he shouldn't have moved that far up in weight? or would you be telling everyone to get their fucking eyes checked any time they hyped alvarez with his mayweather victory?

your opinion factors in with the minority. i'm sure there are people out there who claim floyd lost the canelo fight, or the maidana fight, or the cotto fight... they're there. not many of them, but they're there, and most of them are pretty silly.

i don't even mind that you thought canelo won. i thoroughly disagree, but fine, it's your opinion. what i do mind is that knowledgeable people act as if a fighter's career can be summed up by boxrec.com, because we're both very much aware that you can do better than that. judges sometimes make idiotic (corrupt?) calls, and it pisses me off when fans parrot those scorecards as legitimate to discredit a fighter's career.

Felix Trinidad is a bigger win then all of that.
Just real quickly, Felix was 40-0 at the time. He just beat Joppy the fight before. He beat Fernando Vargas before that fight. Vargas was undefeated at the time. The year before that he beat the undefeated Oscar De La Hoya, in a fight Oscar fucked up and blew himself. Earlier that same year he had beaten Pernell Whitaker as well, who was past his prime.
He also had wins over Oba Carr(settle down he was also undefeated at the time) and Hector Camacho.

Trinidad was a 8-1 favorite going in to face Hopkins when Hopkins went in there and boxed his face off and stopped him in the 12th.

That’s ridiculous. About half of his wba defenses were as the “regular” belt holder anyway how is that as impressive as bhop defending the ibf strap 20x? Don’t mean to shit on guys that hold that belt but it’s worth about as much as an interim title in my eye. It generally gets defended a couple of times before an inevitable showdown with the “super” belt holder or gets promoted to said status. Same shit different name tag imo.

Interesting argument...GGG has 21 straight MW title victories defended; B-Hop has 20...

I Disagree with GGG but if he flatlines Martirosyan and then beats Canelo in the rematch he will have earned it.

GGG had a better MW run, but Hopkin's best performances (besides Trinidad) came AFTER his MW run

Tarver, Winky, Pavlik, Cloud, Shumenov, Murat all came after his MW run

Surprisingly bad posts from you @DeJulez

You were impressed with Nard's win over a 160 pound Oscar who had no business at the weight, in a fight that looked like a business transaction? Really?

And Trinidad too? I have always been a big fan of Hopkins and was one of people who firmly believed Hopkins would beat the shit out of Tito, and that Nard being a 3 to 1 underdog just proved how fucking overrated Tito was.

Hopkins beat up a 1 dimensional, overrated welterweight, just like he should have done. It was far from his most impressive win.

I agree with @Queen B I'm actually far more impressed with Hopkins wins post MW, he defied the odds in beating some the of the guys he did in his old age and at higher weight divisons, he simply did what he should have done in beating two welterweights who had done absolutely nothing at middleweight.

I would actually be confident in picking Hopkins over Golovkin, it's a really tough style matchup for Gennady. Hopkins was an expert in neutralising punchers, and his combination of range, speed, movement, defence and chin would be too much for Gennady to overcome.

Having said that, if Golovkin beats Charlo there is no doubt in my mind he'd have a better MW record. Jacobs, Canelo and Charlo are better middleweights than Joppy, Tito and Oscar.

Also it's crazy some people think Jacobs won that fight, he didn't come close to it, neither did Canelo. It has to be underdog syndrome.

When I watched it live, I thought fuck this is a close fight, then when I rewatched it and actually scored round by round I realised Golovkin won clearly. He outboxed Jacobs all night, he was the intelligent aggressor, controlled Jacobs with the power jab, and even knocked him down. Jacobs did well enough, landed a few combos, and bascially did way better than expected which fooled some people into thinking he won, he didn't. Golovkin outlanded him, controlled the fight, knocked him down.

Bhops wins trump him easily. That Tito win was crazy. Very few people saw that

That is actually my all time favorite fight. I feel I am one of the biggest Bhop fans on here. Floyd and Bhop are my favorite fighters. Bhop vs Tito is my favorite fight, followed by Floyd vs Canelo. Bhop vs Pavlik is another one of my favorite fights. Not the most action packed fights, but proof of what hard work and dedication gets you. Reminds me of Shaolin Monk type stuff to be on that next level, even among other professional fighters.

Felix Trinidad is a bigger win then all of that.
Just real quickly, Felix was 40-0 at the time. He just beat Joppy the fight before. He beat Fernando Vargas before that fight. Vargas was undefeated at the time. The year before that he beat the undefeated Oscar De La Hoya, in a fight Oscar fucked up and blew himself. Earlier that same year he had beaten Pernell Whitaker as well, who was past his prime.
He also had wins over Oba Carr(settle down he was also undefeated at the time) and Hector Camacho.

Trinidad was a 8-1 favorite going in to face Hopkins when Hopkins went in there and boxed his face off and stopped him in the 12th.
Eh. Oscar was all time robbed in that tito fight

But yes hopkins did embarrass jim

Back