GGG Couldve pulled out

Not from you. I think you're a real fan of the sport.
that's the sweetest thing anybody has ever said to me. thanks seanster. despite our differences, I'd say the same of you.

Also, Golovkin DID have a full training camp. The risk was more on Deryevchenkos side.
interesting.. how so? GGG had way more to lose. ydksab?

interesting.. how so? GGG had way more to lose. ydksab?

What was I unclear about? Golovkin had a full camp. Deryevchenko wasn't even training. He is Golovkins mandatory for this IBF belt. He was willing to step up and fight Golovkin on short notice without a full camp. What advantage did he have?

Also, he can just wait for Golovkin to vacate when they make the Canelo fight in the fall. IBF has already ordered it and I can't imagine Deryevcehnko doesn't get at least a big payday for step aside money or at best a softer opponent for the vacant belt.

that's the sweetest thing anybody has ever said to me. thanks seanster. despite our differences, I'd say the same of you.
I don't really get behind particular fighters so much as I used to. Sure, there's a few guys I like but it doesn't much matter to me if they win or lose.

It seems in Youtube comments everyone is a Charlo fan and downplaying GGG which also doesnt make sense of using 154 as a disadvantage while the Charlos were and are 154ers
Charlo is the interim WBC middleweight champ.

What was I unclear about? Golovkin had a full camp. Deryevchenko wasn't even training. He is Golovkins mandatory for this IBF belt. He was willing to step up and fight Golovkin on short notice without a full camp. What advantage did he have?

Also, he can just wait for Golovkin to vacate when they make the Canelo fight in the fall. IBF has already ordered it and I can't imagine Deryevcehnko doesn't get at least a big payday for step aside money or at best a softer opponent for the vacant belt.
haha ive liked your posts for years i just wanted to seee if i could get a reply

GGG could have pulled out this fight date and it wouldnt even be contested why all of a sudden he takes a fight and hated?

Jermall said he had a fight lined up with same with Jacobs also BJS was injured plus the Murray fight upcoming

The oppurtunity was there but noone criticising anyone else but GGG

Yes maybe Deryvanchenko but too much risk in a short notice fight nothing wrong with letting both camps get a whole training camp

All of a sudden Vanes is a bum even though Jermell took him to decision there neede to be some equality
Was Vanes a bum when Jermell fought Vanes or only now?

Is Murray a bum now BJS is fighting him

Its. boxing but also business GGG should be aloud to take a tuneup fight like every other high level boxer in the game on two weeks notice

Whats the hate
He gets a pass due to the circumstances but his next opponent needs to be top ranked and I hope it's soon.

Because he's a top 5 (arguably 3) ranked P4Per and he passed on his mandatory to take a fight with a guy who hasn't fought in 2 years and hasn't won in 3. A shit fight is a shit fight. What do you people expect? Some people watch boxing to see a good fight, not to see our heartthrob KO some can.
This is all Canelo's fault. There was no time to promote another fight. If GGG fought on PPV it would have bombed. Why would he fight on regular HBO for a small payday against a tough opponent? I would have preferred a new date but you can also blame GBP for having forced GGG to sit on the shelf while they negotiated a fight for two years. The guy isn't getting any younger.

This is all Canelo's fault. There was no time to promote another fight. If GGG fought on PPV it would have bombed. Why would he fight on regular HBO for a small payday against a tough opponent? I would have preferred a new date but you can also blame GBP for having forced GGG to sit on the shelf while they negotiated a fight for two years. The guy isn't getting any younger.
Oh it was Canelo's fault? Well, I just watched Vanes vs Golovkin again with this new info and turns out- it was actually a pretty great fight.

You can blame Canelo for not being there on May 5. You can't blame him that Vanes was. Vanes had no business in the ring with Golovkin and the 2 round blow out proved it.

Oh it was Canelo's fault? Well, I just watched Vanes vs Golovkin again with this new info and turns out- it was actually a pretty great fight.

You can blame Canelo for not being there on May 5. You can't blame him that Vanes was. Vanes had no business in the ring with Golovkin and the 2 round blow out proved it.
Sure they picked a shitty opponent because of the circumstances. If not for this whole clen debacle we would have had a great fight this weekend.

^ I don't know why you are bothering. You know how Seano operates, he never admits he's wrong. Canelo fucked up the rematch by taking Clen, accidentally or willingly. Therefore it's GGG fault he took an easy opponent with only weeks to make a fight. He will not admit it, doesn't matter how wrong he is.

I don't really get behind particular fighters so much as I used to. Sure, there's a few guys I like but it doesn't much matter to me if they win or lose.

Who did you get behind recently besides the guy that retired?

Who’s hating on GGG?? Whoever it is, take your ass to the bitch farm.

The only one to blame is Canelo and his beef.

It’s GGGs fault that he destroyed his short notice opponent whom he only fought cuz his actual opponent can’t even properly pay attention to what he’s putting in his body in fucking 2018. There’s simply no win for GGG to these people, if he fought Deryevcehnko the ppvs would’ve been terrible, the risk of losing would be significantly higher(believe it or not, preparing for your opponent is something fighters do in a training camp). And if he loses he gets shit on for losing to a guy on short notice, if he wins he won because the guy took the fight on short notice, and if he barely wins he would’ve lost if the other guy took the fight on short notice. If two top guys are going to fight it should be under the correct circumstances, nothing wrong with taking an easier fight cuz your supposed opponent and his camp fucked up.

Weren't you the guy defending Danny Garcia's position when he fought Rod Salka, when, meanwhile, there was were willing and capable figters waiting their turn at the unified belts Danny had?

You can split hairs here but that's merely excusing due to favouritism and bias. If GGG set out from the get go to fight Vanes then the fight should be justifiably panned by all...

Weren't you the guy defending Danny Garcia's position when he fought Rod Salka, when, meanwhile, there was were willing and capable figters waiting their turn at the unified belts Danny had?

You can split hairs here but that's merely excusing due to favouritism and bias. If GGG set out from the get go to fight Vanes then the fight should be justifiably panned by all...

Give it a rest. @Seano has a clear agenda yet sits here and says "I don't root for certain fighters."

He is the only person in the world to think: Bradley beat Pacman, Ward beat Kovalev, and Canelo beat Golovkin. He is a contrarian asshole and dislikes Golovkin. Which is exactly why he posts negative things no matter what Golovkin does.

Just so I don't have to say it again, I can already tell you what will happen for the next fight. Golovkin has 3 mandatories: Murata, Derevyanchenko, and Charlo. He could also fight Canelo in a rematch or Saunders for the WBO belt (if he beats Murray). Whoever Golovkin fights, Seano will come on here and say he was "ducking fighter x". It's simply how the detractors operate. The guy cannot win no matter what. He is still defending the tainted meat bullshit.

http://forums.sherdog.com/search/122098913/?q=rod+salka&o=date&c[node]=53&c[user][0]=62593

Not really. I felt it was sort of ridiculous that people still brought up that fight long after he had fought much better competition. People will forget what a shit fight Vanes was but it was still a shit fight.

Rod Salka was a joke and a tune up. I defended Mauricio Herrera as an opponent quite a bit.

Back