GGG got robbed... Twice

Why do people say Canelo landed the best punches when it was GGG snapping his head back all night. I rewatched it and Canelo didn't do as good as I originally thought 4-5 rounds at best, can't even justify a draw which is what I originally thought

Draw. If the first fight was a draw than so was last night's. Both fights were great. The second fight was probably the best boxing match I've seen in real time.

Canelo lost. He was rocked multiple times at the end. GGG out jabbed him by a huge margin and the power punches landed were almost even. 115-113 GGG all day
Patently false

m96jjd.jpg

CANELO HATERS :

<{CMPALM}> LA LA LA LA LA !! I DIDN'T SEE IT, SO IT NEVER HAPPENED.
The fact that Golovkins own trainer had it a draw says everything we need to know.

m96jjd.jpg

Why do people say Canelo landed the best punches when it was GGG snapping his head back all night. I rewatched it and Canelo didn't do as good as I originally thought 4-5 rounds at best, can't even justify a draw which is what I originally thought

<{Heymansnicker}>Just lol @ that avatar and user name.

<TheDonald> STAY WHERE YOU ARE, I'M CALLING INS .

He got robbed in the first fight, not in this one. This was a fight that could've gone either way. I have no problem whatsoever with the decision.

I'm thoroughly disappointed in Golovkin's effort. At this point, he might as well call it a career if he's going to fight like that. He's old, slow and he's taken a lot of damage.

It's a shame cause he had so much potential early on, but Loeffler did him no favors by matching him carefully just to position him for a money fight. He should've been fighting upper echelon fighters earlier.

He got robbed in the first fight, not in this one. This was a fight that could've gone either way. I have no problem whatsoever with the decision.

I'm thoroughly disappointed in Golovkin's effort. At this point, he might as well call it a career if he's going to fight like that. He's old, slow and he's taken a lot of damage.

It's a shame cause he had so much potential early on, but Loeffler did him no favors by matching him carefully just to position him for a money fight. He should've been fighting upper echelon fighters earlier.

I don't think there is any reason to be disappointed in Golovkin. He's a 36 year old boxer who just fought a drawish fight with an excellent fighter in their athletic prime. A lot of guys ducked him on the way up, too, as we all know. He was never the mythical destroyer at the elite level that some thought, but he was, and remains, an excellent fighter.

GGG looked terrible the first half. It's okay if you want to think GGG won but there's no way in hell he was "robbed"

Not in this fight in particular but it leaves a bad taste in the mouth of neutrals (like me) that one guy got a rough decision in two fights.

Plus Canelo only really got a slap on the wrist for his positive drug test compared to what he would have got with USADA.

The boxing purists keep talking about triple GGG nut huggers, I was pretty neutral to him before this fight as I expect many others were.

Not in this fight in particular but it leaves a bad taste in the mouth of neutrals (like me) that one guy got a rough decision in two fights.

Plus Canelo only really got a slap on the wrist for his positive drug test compared to what he would have got with USADA.

Tell me about how USADA, which abides by WADA code, would have sanctioned him worse than he received.

Tell me about how USADA, which abides by WADA code, would have sanctioned him worse than he received.

Maybe they wouldn’t.

I remember they were very soft on Morales when he tested positive for clen.

Nevertheless every case is different and Alvarez’s T:E ratio, overall T level etc. might have seemed more unnatural than for Morales.

Clearly Álvarez looks much more like he’s on steroids than that skinny fat version of Morales.

Maybe they wouldn’t.

Nevertheless every case is different and Alvarez’s T:E ratio, overall T level etc. might have seemed more unnatural than for Morales.

Clearly Álvarez looks much more like he’s on steroids than that skinny fat version of Morales.

Clenbuterol is a trash PED, used out of camp, unless you're only keen on losing fat while maintaining muscle. That could have been what he was aiming for, but it's a drug which genuinely hurts building aerobic endurance in camp, which was clearly Canelo's entire goal in this fight camp (dropping the excess mass clearly paid off for his stamina). I'm not someone who necessarily thinks Canelo is clean, but I really don't think any boxer would ever be on a clenbuerol regimen while they're preparing for a fight. I can't see how it would be beneficial, unless you're Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and just want to make weight to get paid.

This is so fucking ridiculous.

Boxing fans are simply triggered to cry robbery anytime things don't go as they planned.

There was no robbery here, and the right man won the fight.

GGG and his staunch supporters need to learn how to accept defeat instead of being babies. He lost fair and square.

I bet you thought Pac beat Mayweather too..

Patently false
Thats what I was saying earlier about people scoring power. Golovkin lands a punch to open the round and nothing Caenlo can do will make up for it to fans who score like that.

To be fair, that was the New York Athletic Commission, not Nevada.

I'm a GGG fan... but let's be real. Neither guy "Clearly" won that fight. In fact, I expected the judges to give the nod to Canelo. GGG landed more punches which came in the form of jab. Canelo landed more power shots though.

I think GGG definitely won the first fight...but not this one. Sucks to see him lose but kudos to Canelo. He got the job done.

Would love to see a trilogy...but I don't see it being any different a third time. Probably another toss up. I highly doubt those guys would want to walk through hell again.

Back