GGG got robbed... Twice

I'm a GGG fan... but let's be real. Neither guy "Clearly" won that fight. In fact, I expected the judges to give the nod to Canelo. GGG landed more punches which came in the form of jab. Canelo landed more power shots though.

I think GGG definitely won the first fight...but not this one. Sucks to see him lose but kudos to Canelo. He got the job done.

Would love to see a trilogy...but I don't see it being any different a third time. Probably another toss up. I highly doubt those guys would want to walk through hell again.
I thought that about the first one but not this one. I don't really see what people can say Golovkin did better over the 12 rounds in the rematch. His defense was poor, he was getting backed up all night, he got out landed, outboxed- I just don't see what Golvokin did that had people thinking he did enough to win 7 rounds other than be a big puncher.

Canelo will always be almost impossible to beat on the cards.
Shit canelo almost got
The nod over Floyd.

Close fight. Canelo will always
Win those fights.

GGG fans

Canelo v GGG 1: Canelo lost because he was backed up and only countering, he ran

Canelo vs GGG 2: Canelo lost because GGG was backing up and countering , GGG used his boxing did not run

Canelo will always be almost impossible to beat on the cards.
Shit canelo almost got
The nod over Floyd.

Close fight. Canelo will always
Win those fights.

True about Floyd but decisions have gone against fan favourites before.

I believe De La Hoya won the first nine rounds against Trinidad and aside from my personal belief the widespread consensus was that De La Hoya won yet he got screwed over despite being a hugely well known and extremely marketable fighter.

Trinidad being a Don King fighter was a bit of an equaliser.

I thought that about the first one but not this one. I don't really see what people can say Golovkin did better over the 12 rounds in the rematch. His defense was poor, he was getting backed up all night, he got out landed, outboxed- I just don't see what Golvokin did that had people thinking he did enough to win 7 rounds other than be a big puncher.
I think bias clouds our judgement. When you choose a side it's a little tougher to see the fight how it actually is. If you take a boxing fan who knows his stuff...and have him watch this fight in which he doesnt care about either fighter.. and ask him who he thought won. Odds are it'd be Canelo. Just my opinion. He landed the more meaningful shots.

GGG was too little too late in the second fight. Having a granite chin doesnt equal defense. Canelo deserved the win...and the fans deserve a trilogy. But we're lucky we finally got to see these two fight (2x).

Canelo won because he landed the most power punches, the most signifigant strikes. That's not saying that it's one sided - it definately was not. And could have easily been a draw. But that fact along with his movement pushing GGG around the ring made him win those close rounds for me.

I think bias clouds our judgement. When you choose a side it's a little tougher to see the fight how it actually is. If you take a boxing fan who knows his stuff...and have him watch this fight in which he doesnt care about either fighter.. and ask him who he thought won. Odds are it'd be Canelo. Just my opinion. He landed the more meaningful shots.

GGG was too little too late in the second fight. Having a granite chin doesnt equal defense. Canelo deserved the win...and the fans deserve a trilogy. But we're lucky we finally got to see these two fight (2x).
Remember how much ggg fans masturbated to this clip? They acted like this was a good moment for him. LoL

kicked GGG's ass? You must be blind

Guess you didn't watch the fight...

1537169218865-jpg.437485

<LordRoose> GGG got his ass kicked.

I had GGG up two rounds. Bulshit decision again by crooked disgusting paid off judges. Fucken disgrace this 'sport'.

GGG fans

Canelo v GGG 1: Canelo lost because he was backed up and only countering, he ran

Canelo vs GGG 2: Canelo lost because GGG was backing up and countering , GGG used his boxing did not run
Ive watched it 3 times now and I cant get to 7 rnds for GGG. 7 to 5 for canelo is what I'm most comfortable with. 1st and 12th were very hard to score imo.... I only write this as you ratted me out on the prefight poll as picking ggg thou haha. Both ward and rjj made the same point, canelo backed him up. Abel asked canelo to stand and fight... he did that and more.

Golovkin got a draw in their first match and got beat in the second... No robbery in here. Canelo got his number.

Fan of both, but I think GGG won by a spliy.

Did you have 3 cards? how can you have it a split? Were you in the mind of all 3 judges? Did you give 8 rounds confidently to either fighter? I hope not. 7-5 is a difference of one round, that isn't robbery.

Abel doesn't even believe his guy got robbed.

Guess you didn't watch the fight...

1537169218865-jpg.437485

<LordRoose> GGG got his ass kicked.

I agree Canelo won...but let's not forget that some fighters bruise differently than others. Also, where's the body pics? I'm not sure about the punch stats and who landed what...just hypothetically saying.
Perception is not always reality.

I agree Canelo won...but let's not forget that some fighters bruise differently than others. Also, where's the body pics? I'm not sure about the punch stats and who landed what...just hypothetically saying.
Show me another fight where Golovkin is all lumped up like that. I mean, are people really trying to deny that Canelo was landing big shots on the guy?

m96jjd.jpg

Canelo beat that ass to the body as well. GGG landed more jabs but also missed more hence the accuracy and power shot favor for canelo which is just like the last fight but he did go to the body more than the 1st. GGG got's a chin on him for sure.

Show me another fight where Golovkin is all lumped up like that. I mean, are people really trying to deny that Canelo was landing big shots on the guy?
Fair enough. Not saying GGG won because I think Canelo edged him out. But where's the body pics? See what I'm saying? Doesnt (always) tell the whole story when people compare after fight pics of their faces.
All I'm saying.

Not robbed but you know when CANelo gets a split Dec against floyd that you're gonna be fucked if you face him and it goes to the Judges Dec.

And lets not get in to the whole 6 months for TWO failed drug tests and the whole hand wraps thing.

Close fights and not so close fights will favour the newest house fighter in Vegas.

Back