GGG may get stripped

Marc A

Being broke is being dishonest
@Silver
Reaction score
Wtf really?
I guess GGG has gone Hollywood if true

I hate this shit.

But then I look at the ufc and remember that at least boxing are doing something right.

Still, a bit fucking unfair

IBF, i'm not surprised. Those fuckers are boy scouts compared to the WBC.

Well if he doesn't fight his mandatory, he deserves to be stripped. Everyone cried about Golovkin not getting shots but now he's in the drivers seat not giving contenders their shots.

I hate this shit.

But then I look at the ufc and remember that at least boxing are doing something right.

Still, a bit fucking unfair

After listening to the video in the OP I can see where the IBF is coming from, but I agree it is a bit unfair given the circumstances. He would have to wait a couple of months to fight his mandatory and he probably doesn't want to waste his current training camp.

To be fair the UFC has the best fighting the best more times than not while boxing has showcase fights. I like how the UFC will throw guys in the deep end rather than give them a bunch of squash matches to try and build them up. Unless it's a last minute replacement they don't really have that in the UFC.

Last edited:
Well if he doesn't fight his mandatory, he deserves to be stripped. Everyone cried about Golovkin not getting shots but now he's in the drivers seat not giving contenders their shots.

how many madatories did floyd mayweather fight when he held the wba and wbc 154s belt from 2013 until his retirement?

how many madatories did floyd mayweather fight when he held the wba and wbc 154s belt from 2013 until he retired?
I don't think Floyd ever held the IBF title. Pretty sure almost all of his opponents were highly ranked by the other sanctioning bodies though and he had to clear it with them to defend his titles.

Guerrero was a mandatory for sure. Pac was a mandatory. Canelo was mandatory.

So to answer your question, I don't know off the top of my head how many of his opponents were mandatories, but quite a few.

I don't think Floyd ever held the IBF title. Pretty sure almost all of his opponents were highly ranked by the other sanctioning bodies though and he had to clear it with them to defend his titles.

Guerrero was a mandatory for sure. Pac was a mandatory. Canelo was mandatory.

So to answer your question, I don't know off the top of my head how many of his opponents were mandatories, but quite a few.

im talking about 154

specifically

after floyd won the unification contract-weight bout against canelo alvarez after he said that he wouldnt do a contract weight with cotto, he wanted his fighters at their best when they fought him

im talking about 154

specifically

after floyd won the unification contract-weight bout against canelo alvarez after he said that he wouldnt do a contract weight with cotto, he wanted his fighters at their best when they fought him
lol at this ninja edit after I responded.

Move dem goalposts!

lol at this ninja edit after I responded.

Move dem goalposts!

what did i edit...what is incorrect that i posted and editied?

i added the fact taht your idol floyd never made a mandatory since beating canelo at 152 pounds in 2013 until his retirement in 2016

GTFO. I'm not doing this. It was a defense of his JMW title, period.

doing what? everytime there is a title fight it is a defense

the question here is mandatory defense...and floyd never fought a mandatory title defense for his wba and wbc belt since he held it from 2013 until his retirement and neither the wba nor the wbc moved to strip him or enforce a mandatory

what did i edit...what is incorrect that i posted and editied?

i added the fact taht your idol floyd never made a mandatory since beating canelo at 152 pounds
You asked who he defended against at JMW. I said Canelo and then you edited your post to say "besides Canelo" basically.

This is how it works. You pay to have the privilege of wearing those belts and other fighters pay for the opportunity to be your challenger. If those fighters don't get their shot at some point, they won't pay. Usually the bodies will make an exception for a really big fight between two highly ranked guys but its pretty wrong for Spike Osullivan and Vanes to be getting a shot before Derevyenchenko. His mandatory is ready to go and has expressed interest and has been ignored.

If it were Golovkin on the outside looking in, this forum would be in giant tantrum mode right now.

the question here is mandatory defense...and floyd never fought a mandatory title defense for his wba and wbc belt since he held it from 2013 until his retirement and neither the wba nor the wbc moved to strip him or enforce a mandatory
Who is his mandatory aside from the interim champ FFS? It was unification but are you actually saying it didn't count as a mandatory because they unified titles? They both held the WBA title.

Also, its the IBF stripping Golovkin, not the WBC or WBA.

When it was Golovkin not getting his shot at Canelo, this forum was unbearable. Now that Golovkin owes someone a shot its "what about MAYWEATHER?!?!?"

lol. So predictable.

When it was Golovkin not getting his shot at Canelo, this forum was unbearable. Now that Golovkin owes someone a shot its "what about MAYWEATHER?!?!?"

lol. So predictable.

A simpleton like you would use this argument with no context.

Just an FYI, your boy is the one who ruined this fight by using PEDs. Golovkin should be allowed to fight whoever the hell he wants on short notice. Do I want to see a fight with Vanes or Spike? No, not really. But to expect him to face a top guy with this clusterfuck of a scenario is a bit ridiculous. He doesn't want to waste a training camp and he also doesn't want to extend it considering he is getting old and near retirement.

I can't stand Deontay Wilder, but when Povetkin popped, I didn't care who he fought really. His resume sucks, but the blame is on the guy who tested positive.

lol. So predictable.
you do remember he was going to fight pednelo but alvarez couldn't keep his hands off some dirty steak, right?

Back