GGG may get stripped

Work to get untied. Watch the Tsyzu clip again you'll see Hatton break multiple times from the tie up and then start throwing punches.
Wrong. Thats an illegal position and it is the refs job to break them.

Wrong. Thats an illegal position and it is the refs job to break them.
Why is it an illegal position? And I've seen it loads of times where a referee lets them work out of that position.

Why is it an illegal position? And I've seen it loads of times where a referee lets them work out of that position.
Then you've seen a ref not doing his job.

I've explained why its illegal a couple of times. Its because there is no legal target.

Then you've seen a ref not doing his job.

I've explained why its illegal a couple of times. Its because there is no legal target.

That's not an illegal position when it's a legitimate clinch which you are allowed to fight out of.

That's not an illegal position when it's a legitimate clinch which you are allowed to fight out of.
Again, there's a distinction between holding and clinching.

Again, there's a distinction between holding and clinching.
Which is? You haven't stated what constitutes the difference between a clinch and a hold.

Which is? You haven't stated what constitutes the difference between a clinch and a hold.
Holding is the act of refusing to break a clinch. When the ref has to come in and physically separate a clinch, its holding. Generally ignored by the ref if both guys are tying up.

People always get mad about holding but generally don't seem to notice when its both guys doing it.

Holding is the act of refusing to break a clinch. When the ref has to come in and physically separate a clinch, its holding. Generally ignored by the ref if both guys are tying up.

People always get mad about holding but generally don't seem to notice when its both guys doing it.

Then it's not holding until the ref decides to break it. Therefore if the ref had left them to work out of the clinch it's not holding. The ref should have let Hatton work out of the clinch for the sake of a fair fight. But I know it wasn't a fair fight as Mayweather had Cortez in his pocket.

Then it's not holding until the ref decides to break it. Therefore if the ref had left them to work out of the clinch it's not holding. The ref should have let Hatton work out of the clinch for the sake of a fair fight. But I know it wasn't a fair fight as Mayweather had Cortez in his pocket.
No, the ref breaks it because its holding.

If Hatton not being allowed to hold and hit, rabbit punch etc means the ref is in Floyds pocket, then I guess he was in Floyds pocket. Cortez reffed every fight like that, not just Floyd fights.

Settle in boys this is going take a minute
5fc97cd9459f20706faffcc2e060782e.jpg

I give the edge to @Seano 14-10

No, the ref breaks it because its holding.

If Hatton not being allowed to hold and hit, rabbit punch etc means the ref is in Floyds pocket, then I guess he was in Floyds pocket. Cortez reffed every fight like that, not just Floyd fights.
Doesn't make sense. You say it's clinching until the refs decides it's holding which is entirely determined by how long the ref lets them clinch. Cortez decided that every clinch instantly was holding and broke them. If Cortez always reffed fights like that then it's no wonder they chose him for the Hatton fight. Hatton wasn't allowed to work out of any clinch that's what makes the refereeing dodgy as hell. Only a blind man would claim otherwise, or a Floyd fan that doesn't want to admit it.

Doesn't make sense. You say it's clinching until the refs decides it's holding which is entirely determined by how long the ref lets them clinch. Cortez decided that every clinch instantly was holding and broke them. If Cortez always reffed fights like that then it's no wonder they chose him for the Hatton fight. Hatton wasn't allowed to work out of any clinch that's what makes the refereeing dodgy as hell. Only a blind man would claim otherwise, or a Floyd fan that doesn't want to admit it.
Nah, I've explained multiple times, when guys don't have a legal target available, the ref breaks the clinch. I even posted a couple of pics earlier in the thread. It can be holding when one guy does it or both. The ref usually doesn't take points if both guys are tying up.

Nah, I've explained multiple times, when guys don't have a legal target available, the ref breaks the clinch. I even posted a couple of pics earlier in the thread. It can be holding when one guy does it or both. The ref usually doesn't take points if both guys are tying up.
Watch that Hatton Tszyu clip again and point to me how many times an 'illegal' position is reached. The ref was good in letting Hatton work out of the clinch and the ref in the Mayweather fight was awful in not letting them work out of legal clinches, not illegal positions. We could go on and on like this but it's pointless, you'll never convince me that the ref was being fair and letting them work out of clinches and you'll never admit that the ref was biased severely against Hatton.

Which means he gets stripped if he fights Canelo in September.
true, which is unfortunate. Id' rather see him fight Canelo though. Also, there's a good chance they can drum up some bullshit exemption anyhow, aint not way the IBF is missing out on that kind of money.

true, which is unfortunate. Id' rather see him fight Canelo though. Also, there's a good chance they can drum up some bullshit exemption anyhow, aint not way the IBF is missing out on that kind of money.
Double the champs, double the sanctioning fees!

Or Derevyanchenko takes (huge) step aside money from GoldenBoy
lol GBP is not paying shiat.... GGG will have to or look like he is ducking Clenelo .. He needs him more

Back