GGG vs. Canelo, Who Won?

Who won the fight?

• Gennady Golovkin

• Canelo Alvarez

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
lol, ok, so no pro fighter said Canelo won. Got it.
If that's what you think Ok. They did and I know who they are. Don't walk around thinking you know best. If you put your opinion in here I'll listen to you my man. Being awkward is being unfair to your opinion and being difficult to people who are worth listening to.

I had rounds 4-9 EASILY for GGG. That is 6. Round 10, round 3 I thought were GGGs also, but closer. That is 8 rounds.

1,2,11,12 were close. I have to Canelo since he more popular. At least 8 for GGG. Probably 9 or 10 rounds for GGG.

Pretty clear to me

9-3 may be a bit strong, but seriously, I'd have a hard time seeing it closer than 7-5 no matter what and I can't get closer than 8-4 even being generous (I think) to Canelo. But that's me. And there were close rounds, I admit that. To me, if the other card is 115-113 Canelo, I don't think that much about it. It's still really the one card for me, though I also don't like that the one judge who had it a draw gave Canelo the one round that was pretty big for GGG, was it the 7th? I know they're on different sides of the ring and all, but the 7th round? To Canelo? Hmm...
Oh well, we'll get a rematch. I might favor Canelo in the rematch, myself. So go figure.

I don't know about fighters (without naming ones that are clearly biased) but a well known analyst named Connor Ruebusch from Bad Left Hook scored the fight for Canelo 115-113. There were a few draws scored from Lance Pugmire (can't stand this guy) of the LA Times, Chris Mannix of Yahoo! Sports and the Associated Press also scored it a draw. All of the rest of the media scores I've seen were for Golovkin. Here's a list of them http://mmadecisions.com/decision/8418/Gennady-Golovkin-vs-Saúl-Álvarez

I don't know about fighters (without naming ones that are clearly biased) but a well known analyst named Connor Ruebusch from Bad Left Hook scored the fight for Canelo 115-113. There were a few draws scored from Lance Pugmire (can't stand this guy) of the LA Times, Chris Mannix of Yahoo! Sports and the Associated Press also scored it a draw. All of the rest of the media scores I've seen were for Golovkin. Here's a list of them http://mmadecisions.com/decision/8418/Gennady-Golovkin-vs-Saúl-Álvarez

Connor is over at Bad Left Hook now? Good for him. I used to post with him years ago in the standup forum. I haven't disagreed with everything he's said but he definitely puts a lot of time and thought into his work.

Connor is over at Bad Left Hook now? Good for him. I used to post with him years ago in the standup forum. I haven't disagreed with everything he's said but he definitely puts a lot of time and thought into his work.

I'm not sure to be honest, that's just what the link I posted has him down from with his score. His score for Canelo was posted from his Twitter account. Not sure if he's just a contributor there or if he's actually on BLH's staff list. He hosts the Heavy Hands podcast with Patrick Wyman (IIRC) as well. Both have done some good work as analysts that I've read in full or skimmed through over the years. Some others that have put out good material are Brendan Dorman, Lawrence Kenshin, Wilson Kayden and Lee Wylie.

Chavez Sr.and jr. ,Marco Antonio Barrera, Bernard Hopkins, Floyd Sr.

You're counting the guy that Canelo fought and beat fight before last and his father along with Floyd (who is friends with Canelo ever since he beat him) and one of Canelo's GB promoters in Hopkins? Ok. JMM is the most recent fighter stating that he had GGG edging out Canelo.

Chavez Sr.and jr. ,Marco Antonio Barrera, Bernard Hopkins, Floyd Sr.

Barrera is Mexican. Hopkins works for Goldenboy. Chavez family looked better if Canelo won, since he destroyed Jr.

I mean, I guess... if you really reaching for it

Barrera is Mexican. Hopkins works for Goldenboy. Chavez family looked better if Canelo won, since he destroyed Jr.

Not to mention Hopkins was in camp with Canelo to help him prepare for GGG. lol

"Yo, listen, If I am blessed to go to (Alvarez's) camp again, because the fight might happen again, 'Canelo can you please go to the body for the first five rounds because we all saw the flinch even when Canelo didn't go to the body, really," Hopkins explained.
http://www.boxingscene.com/hopkins-canelo-go-body-stop-golovkin--120956

I'm not reaching at all. You asked for fighters who thought Canelo won, I listed several after a 15 second google search. Predictably, you found excuses to disqualify them all. Chavez picked Golovkin to beat Canelo BTW.

Did anyone in this thread actually think Canelo won or were those people just trying to be funny?

I was supporting to Gennady Golovkin but the match becomes Draw no one can win the match. :(

Back